Thread: 2014 Wickiup Kokanee Power Derby

Default 2014 Wickiup Kokanee Power Derby

This year's Wickiup Derby is on June 14 and that is coming up pretty fast. With the size and quantity of the fish this year we expect a great turn out. The following links should get you to the entry form and the derby rule sheet. http://kokaneepoweroregon.com/wp-con...Entry-Form.pdf and http://kokaneepoweroregon.com/wp-con...erby-Rules.pdf and for the junior entry form http://kokaneepoweroregon.com/wp-con...Entry-Form.pdf. You can mail the form to the address on the bottom of the form along with your payment, or you can fill out the form along with your credit/debit card info and email it to me at david.martin@kokaneepoweroregon.com. I will be at Wickiup at Gull Point Campground space 34 from Tuesday the 10th thru Sunday so if you are there early you can hunt me down and register then. We would really appreciate entries to come in as early as possible though so we can plan for the event.

USFS: Use permitted by the Deschutes National Forest. This institution is an equal opportunity Provider
    Last edited by DLM; 05-06-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Thanks for the heads up just called yesterday and there was an opening at RV SITE FOR THAT WEEKEND/ kind of forgot about it .

Important info I forgot to ad in the original post.

If your entry is post marked 2 weeks prior to the derby you get a $10 discount per member of your team. If it is postmarked 1 week before the derby you get a $5 discount per team member.

Early registration really helps us plan for proper amounts of food, beverages, etc.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

There is not much time left to get your registration in early enough to get the $10 per team member early bird discount. Entry forms need to be postmarked no later than May 30 to qualify for the discount.

Those registrations coming in ONE week prior, postmarked no later than June 6, get a $5 dollar per team member discount.
    Last edited by DLM; 05-22-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    David

Here are the results. Each team weighed in 5 fish. I apologize in advance for any misspellings. You will notice a tie between place 7 and 8, this was broken by who had the longer fish, in this case it was team 7 by 1cm.

#1 Rick and Allen Breckel (Spud Nut) 9.218 pounds
    #2 Dave Kauer and Doug Fanning (Double D) 9.163
    #3 David, Robert and Steve Krajczynski 8.998
    #4 Orie Redding, Jason Miller, Jay Pumick and Joe Fuerstein 8.679
    #5 Brian Kidder and Pete Herrala (SlamminKokes), 8.162
    #6 Richard and Frank Bryan, Brad Hallack, Al Guor, (Beaver State Salmon Slayers, 8.041
    #7 Brian, Julie and Jill Russell, Austin Apple, 7.876
    #8 Matt Lashley, Jeff Harrison and Lane Thomason, 7.876
    #9 Anthony Marconi, George Stavrakis, Cheryl Rice, 7.821
    #10 Peter Schmidt and Jane Bardolf, 7.788
    David

KPO would like to thank everyone that competed, participated and donated to make this a great derby. There were 39 teams (95 individuals) that entered which was an increase from 32 team last year. Thank you for your support.

Now it's on to Green Peter for the derby on July 12, just 4 Saturdays away. The fish will be a little smaller but the competition will be just as fierce.
    Last edited by DLM; 06-16-2014 at 07:38 PM.
    David

We also had 7 kids compete in the junior division. It's great to see these kids out enjoying fishing, family and friends. My wife and I were commenting on how much some of these kids have grown as we have been seeing them at derbies since they were little.

The juniors each weighed in two fish.

#1 Shawn "Wild Child" Child, 3.498 pounds
    #2 Bodie Johnson, 2.816
    #3 Payton Forges Jr, 2.772
    #4 Taylor Edwards, 2.717
    #5 Alex Currey, 2.431
    #6 Jerron Rhen, 2.035
    #7 Janae Rhen, 2.013
    David