Thread: Weekend on the water

Default Weekend on the water

We finally got free for the weekend and hit the Gorge. Saturday early was great fishing and the weather was nice until early afternoon. Fished at 12 to 20 feet and stayed busy between Kokes, rainbows and lakers. Ran Black Pearl and Bronco spinners behind Shatterred and Silver Streak dodgers and El Fuego squid and Orange High Voltage spoon behind Moki and Matrix dodgers on the other poles. Nothing of excess on size, but such a blast to be out on the water again.

FF,

Glad you could get out on Saturday-think I saw your boat while we were in full hardware update mode in the slip. We didn't leave our slip on Sat until around 6PM. I think the bite is on if you can work around the wind.

MP

thanks for the report , hopefully I can give a report in a week or two I'm jealous

Were you fishing from Buckboard? In 2010 we fished from there and wind came up every afternoon and chased us off the water. Last year we fished out of Lucerne and wind was never a problem. Is that common or just a fluke?

The wind blows "less" the further south you go but probably still a fluke that the wind was "never a problem". Usually when I feel that first big gust at about 10 or 10:30 am I just get off the water.