Thread: North Idaho Fishermen

Default North Idaho Fishermen

Trying to make a few connections and friends who live up in the North Idaho area to go fishing with. Honestly my wife is driving me crazy when we fish! I have a 14 foot boat with a 60 HP johnson and would not mind meeting a few guys to go fishing with. Drop me a line. I live in Post Falls. Thanks

Default Heading back out!

Heading back out with the new goods!. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kokes.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	7157
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoJoe View Post
    Trying to make a few connections and friends who live up in the North Idaho area to go fishing with. Honestly my wife is driving me crazy when we fish! I have a 14 foot boat with a 60 HP johnson and would not mind meeting a few guys to go fishing with. Drop me a line. I live in Post Falls. Thanks

Been out to Hayden this year?
    Take time before time takes you

Hi Clawman,
    Fished Hayden a month or so ago. Caught 3 nice fat kokes around 15". The bite just quit around 10 am and never returned.

yes I was on Hayden a few weeks ago. Did ok but not great. Put 5 in the boat. all nice size. Fished Twin Lakes and Spirit Lake this past weekend and did great. Saw a MONSTER and I mean MONSTER pike in the channel at twin.

What size are the kokes in Spirit? Does Twin have kokes too?
    Thanks - Alan

Howdy Joe. I fishing North Idaho quite a bit. CDA, Hayden, and I've even fish Spirit a couple of times. I drive over from Spokane though.
    I fish therefore I am.

Lund Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    Minnkota Trolling Motors
    Lowrance Electronics
    Lamiglas Rods
    Abu Garcia Reels
    Mack's Lures
    Yakima Bait Co. Lures
    Cannon Downriggers & Rod Holders

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Howdy Joe. I fishing North Idaho quite a bit. CDA, Hayden, and I've even fish Spirit a couple of times. I drive over from Spokane though.
    Spirit Lake is loaded with kokes but they are small 6-8 inchers. Good for the smoker I guess. I marked them all day long on the finder. Usually get my limit but Sunday was weird. Only caught a handful and threw everything at them. Heading out early to Hayden on Saturday. Will be by myself. Look for a small 14 foot Mckee Craft (looks like a whaler) with a 60HP Johnson and say hello if your out. Not gonna run my downrigger but trying something different that works for me out at Wolf Lodge. Picked up a few Davis Diving Planers that I can set from 5-80 feet and can use 6-25 pound test. So Im gonna run 6 pound line with this planer and run them 35-45 feet and see what happens. If fish are in a different depth its just a quick change. They are real light and not supposed to have any drag when a fish hits. I've had best luck on lake trolls with wedding rings over any dodger/squid or dodger/spinner set up. What rigs are you using for best results?

Howdy, IdahoJoe. I live in Hayden, recently retired, and would be happy to have you contact me if you're looking for someone to fish with. I've worked Hayden for kokanee but without much success. Cheers, TurnerScott

Welcome. I grew up in Hansen (outside of Twin Falls ID). Good to see another I De Howin.
    ALL FISH PICTURED IN POSTS ARE LARGER THAN THEY APPEAR

Hayden has been extremely slow for me this year. Lower twin is good koke fishing, but you have to do it before or after the tubers and skiers, it gets crazy out there, IMO.

Hey, we just got back from a trip to Spokane...looking to possibly retire there. Going back during XMas break to check out winter. I am a retired teacher, and my husband is still teaching; he has 3 more years. We took a drive while there and checked out CDA, Pend Oreille, & Hayden. Stopped into Fins & Feathers tackle shop and Black Sheep... Trying to develop some contacts with locals NOW. Any current info will be helpful, as we will definitely be fishing thise ID lakes when we move out there.

We have a 19' Fishrite outfitted with 4 elect Downriggers, a Raymarine FF, Merc motor and kicker, and I pilot bowmount. We are not strangers to koke & trout fishing!! As we fish our local lakes:New Melones, Camanche, Tulloch, Pardee, & Berryessa. As well as chinooks and stripers off the Sacramento River.

We are currently living in Sonora, CA and have fished FLaming gorge 4 times...the last 2 years we've taken summer trips there and have had a blast!!

Hi Froggie,

I live in Spokane, well sort of, actually just outside at a place called Nine Mile Falls. Great fishing around here. We fish North Idaho, lake Roosevelt, and the Columbia for Kings. I have lived in the greater Spokane area most of my life and would be happy to answer any questions. You can PM me before you come up and we could meet and have a cup of coffee.

Alan