Thread: Joined today

Default Joined today

Hi everybody!

I'm a new member, joined today, but am an experienced kokanee angler. I've fished for kokanee since the early 1980s mostly on Odell Lake but also some on Crescent, Paulina, Billy Chinook, Triangle, and lately, Green Peter. I live 32 miles from the Green Peter launch ramp, started fishing there last summer, and did quite well on sizable kokes. So far this year I've been up there once (April 4) and did only fair...landed two nine inchers. Saw few fish on my gadget. Hope its better next time I try it...as soon as the weather improves, probably. I'm retired so can go fishing every day if I want to. After a series of other boats, I've now downsized and have a 14' Mirrocraft with a Johnson 9.9 motor and two downriggers. Once I figure out how, I'll post some pics.

Anybody else been to Green Peter yet this year?

JP welcome, greenpeter is my go to lake when I need a koke fix it's the closest for me (100 miles) but do quite well there also. but they are kind of small and skinny this early and I usually start the first part of may. Odell is my favorite lake to fish and don't get there as much as I would like. this is a great place with a lot of knowledgeable friendly guys. dfly

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

Welcome to the site. Look forward to see your posts. Thanks for joining us!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

JLPerry

Welcome JLPerry Lots of great people on this site. - Alan

Here's a photo of the two kokes I caught at Green Peter earlier this month...

These are some caught at GP last summer:

Trolling at Odell Lake a couple years ago...sun shining through forest fire smoke.

Crater, the kokanee Lab, says "They're all around us, Boss!" at Green Peter last summer.
    Last edited by JLPerry; 04-25-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Welcome aboard, GP is my closest lake also. If you got sizeable kokes out of there last year you must have had it dialed in pretty well, they were running on the small size for most people. Still a little early for this year but may show up there in the morning for a first-o-season shake down run.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Welcome to the Forum!

welcome to the forum I'm looking forward to your post

Hi JP , glad to have you aboard. We are always ready to welcome new friends , looking forward to seeing your posts and ideas .
    Tight lines my friend. AFDan52

Hello there I went over to Greenpeter on the 25th an landed 12 but lost about the same amount. We fished blind after the first hour because the new fish finder went dead on me. Not sure what the heck is wrong with it checked all the fuses and checked the battery line nothing wrong there .But any way welcome to the site if you have any questions for GP there are a lot of people out here that fish that lake and are really helpful .Good luck and be safe.

Welcome to the forum JLP! Sounds like you've been chasing kokes longer than alot of us here... i bet you've seen quite a change in kokanee tackle over the years. Do you mainly troll or jig?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullets View Post
    Welcome to the forum JLP! Sounds like you've been chasing kokes longer than alot of us here... i bet you've seen quite a change in kokanee tackle over the years. Do you mainly troll or jig?
    I troll...100%. Have some jigs but have never used them.

Back in the 1980s SalmonTroutSteelhead magazine had an article by a guy named Jed Davis, as I recall...about kokanee fishing. Jed advocated doing away with the heavy multi-blade gang trolls and using just a wedding ring spinner & corn. I tried it at Odell and caught a lot of kokes...and had a lot more fun doing it compared to if I'd been using what then was "standard" kokanee gear. Every year is a little different as to what the kokanee want. Today I use a small 4-blade troll w/ rudder and a orange/white beaded silver-blade spinner with corn. Seems to work.

welcome to the forum. i hope you enjoy it as much as i have.
    REDNECK. and proud of it.
    Reel Rednecks fishing team..