Thread: Line preference???

Default Line preference???

What do you use on your Kokanee trolling rods?
    Take time before time takes you

you are going to get all kinds of answers with that one. but I use 4 different color maxims on my reels ultra green, hi vis, chameleon, and fibre glo. all in 8 lb test so when a kokanee decides to go wide and takes out the next rod it is a lot easer to untangle with 2 colors. for me it also has a nice dependable stretch which is really important in the early season with there soft mouths and they really don't care what color your line is any way. that is what I use and why. dfly

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

I use 12 lb floural leader on braid. I use my steelhead rods and love it. My 1.5 cents.

10lb Maxima UG last year....trying out 10lb Berkley Big Game this year.
    Trying the big game out for the extra stretch it has to see if it makes a difference with retention rates.....so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by autorick View Post
    I use 12 lb floural leader on braid. I use my steelhead rods and love it. My 1.5 cents.
    Wow, what is you bite / in the boat ratio? (new stat ) Seems like there is not much stretch there.
    Take time before time takes you

I use 4 different color braids (I remember DFly's post from last year) in 8 and 10lb test with flourocarbon leaders. I use some fairly long, really soft fiberglass rods so I have a fair amount of cushion. I may spool up some mono and run a comparison this year. Hope to get out for my first trip of the year tonight or tomorrow am.

15 lb spider wire. Can't beat the added strength with a small diameter line. I think the next time I respool I'll rig all of my koke rods with fisherman's marine house braid. I love the 50lb I use for salmon.
    - I don't fish when I have time.. I make time to fish

Quote Originally Posted by clawman View Post
    What do you use on your Kokanee trolling rods?
    trilene big game in low-vis green, very durable and the stretch is predictable, IMO this line is as good as maxima

this year ill be trying out the cabela's salt striker line in hi-vis yellow, i really liked the trilene but i want to try the hi-vis line this year to see if i can detect small strikes a little quicker, and like dfly talks about i think having the his-vis line on at least 1 or 2 rods is better than having low-vis line on every rod
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp