Thread: Finally got the new boat

Default Finally got the new boat

Well, 10 weeks after ordering it, we picked up our new boat last Wednesday, we had kind of a big hiccup right off the bat, but between the dealer and Mercury, it was taken care of - both were great and it got taken care of!

It's a 2014 Lund Crossover 1875 XS, 150 HP Merc 4-S, 8 HP Merc 4-S kicker, 80 lb Terrova I-pilot, Trollmaster 2, full canvas and a few other things. I'll post one pic here, but I'm thinking I'm supposed to use the album feature, so I've "tried" to create an album with some additional pics.

I've sure enjoyed reading and following other guys on here who have bought new boat$, $o I know it'$ ju$t not me who'$ freaked out by all the $$$$$

I REALLY want to get some blood in it - bad....!!!!

nice looking boat. hope you can get it on the water and start the break in on the engines. if you are like me it's hard to get time and work coordinated. it should be a fish getting machine. congrats dfly

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

Nice Rig!!!!

Looks like a winner. Can't wait to see some pics with it in the water catching fish. Congrats.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Interesting to see it on a tandem axle. Was that your idea or theirs? It must scream with that 150 on there.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

nice ride you"ll cry when you get the first dent/ know lets get some slim in it

Great looking ride, you should get airborne out of the hole with that 150
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

that's a very nice ride, there is no better feeling than driving home with a new boat, now the fun begins when you can add what you want to it

Nice boat, Have fun!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

Thanks very much all! It is exciting, a little nerve wracking, but fish in the boat and blood on the.....vinyl floor!!!!! (OK, probably on the carpeted casting decks after a few trips) will cure all!!!

Yes, it was packaged with a standard trailer, but we go about 5 times a year for anywhere between 5 and 10 days with the camper and we use the boat like a utility trailer for these trips, so I figured better safe than sorry and what the heck, it was just more money, right? One thing about it, we are NOT once in a while boat people, this boat WILL get used!

VERY NICE....I'm looking at upgrading...but nothing like that...WOW...that is a MACHINE there. Beautiful.

that boat fit the trailer perfect I my opinion, I think in the long run you will be very glad you went tandem. safety and stability is much better than a single axle.

I'm jealous. Never too muck trailer.

Very nice Ride

Great looking rig, it's funny with boats.... It has never been used and still problems !!! Gotta love owning a boat !

Nice boat! I assume the Crossover designation means you can use it for waterskiing, in addition to fishing? What is your battery set up for your electric? What type of batteries. I am impressed with the amount of thought you put into designing your perfect boat. Think I will post a picture of my new (but smaller brother to your boat) boat.

I've got group 29's (I just saw your post and commented, I'm surprised you can only run 4 hours on each battery - I was thinking WOW, this lucky guy can troll all day and half the night!! it's a great set up you've got!) And yes, the Crossover is designed with the fisherman and recreational boater in mind..... Personally, if I NEVER pull a tube or skier, I'll be happy!!!! It comes with a ski pylon that stores with the canvas top, but it makes getting the canvas in and out kind of tough, and since I'm not interested in using it yet anyway, I took it out! LOL, My wife says I'll change my mind when the grandkids get a little older, maybe, but I bought a fishing boat in my mind - a comfortable one, but still...

As for the tandem, I was worried about moving it around in my shop (a little tweak here or there) like I could my other boat, so I borrowed an idea from someone else and once I got it exactly where I wanted it, I laid down BRIGHT orange duct tape on the floor so I could more easily back it into exactly where I wanted it - that has worked out really well.

Great lookin rig! I couldn't contain myself when I picked my boat up last year. Thought I got a great deal on it until I started adding equipment too it and realized just how expensive it is to outfit a boat with all the goodies ! Enjoy!
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

Bogey,

That is a sweet looking boat! I really like the colors of it. I agree with the others. That thing should jump with a 150. Lund makes an excellent quality boat. They put a lot of thought in how they put the boat together and they even prep them for future upgrades. The Lund also uses every bit of extra space for storage. Very nice!

I also like the built in track that Lund uses to mount stuff on the boat. You don't have to do much drilling.

Can't wait to see more pics of it. Congrats! I know you have been waiting a long time.

It will be worth it.

LOL, well, I'd of taken a pic, but the first fish in the new boat was THE smallest Walleye I've ever seen!!! I sure did enjoy the boat yesterday though!