Thread: SALT LAKE TO BUCKBOARD

Default SALT LAKE TO BUCKBOARD

I have always only traveled to Anvil draw to hunt for kokes. This year I would like to make it to Buckboard.
    For those that fish buckboard from salt lake which way do you travel. Is it better to go through green river
    or just keep going up from anvil draw.(better,as in faster)?

Way faster to go through Green River. Ok, not way faster but you'll save 20-30 mins depending on how you drive. I think somewhere between Anvil and Squaw Hollow is the break even point. Everything north of there is faster to get to via Green River. Everything south of there (to Sheep Creek) is faster to get to via Manila. Everything from Sheep Creek to the Dam, Highway 40.
    Disappoint the Government; be responsible, self-reliant, and kind.

I have traveled both ways leaving from Ogden. From Mountainview its more scenic. The other route gives interstate speeds to Green River, from there its excellent travel into Buckboard. There's not a lot difference in mileage only speed to a certain point.

THANKS. I think I will try green river way this year (FISH ON!)

Also depends what you are pulling. My boat and trailer are about 7500 lbs so driving up to Green River and dropping down is easier on the truck and trailer suspension than turning off at Carter and going through Manila. we are pulling the boat up there tomorrow for the season.

You will go a shorter distance through Manila, but the drive into there can get interesting with a bigger boat and your speed will certainly be less.

MP