Thread: Anybody finding any yet?

Default Anybody finding any yet?

I happen to have the middle of the week off this week and so does my buddy. We've been waiting to get out and fish for some jokes but it seems like we've been teased! Warm weather then back to "cool". Wondering if anybody has found any schooled up kokes yet!? Not to mention it's supposed to be in the 60's next week!

Thanks guys!
    Trent

I will be going up Monday. Hope soneone post soon.

I heard about a week ago they were starting to catch some kokes, long lining from current creek all the way to skunk cliffs with small popgear, and small spinners behind it. Got a new fish finder I need to set up, am going to take the boat out Tuesday and try to catch some kokes myself, will put up a post if we do anygood.
    wishin I was fishin

Pro Staff: Rocky Mountain Tackle

Ok thanks D-Weed. They gotta start getting active here soon!

Didn't get the boat out today like I wanted, still got a little more prepping to do before its ready. Took my dad down to anvil draw and did some bank fishing.He managed to catch 3 nice bows on bait and lures. There were lotsa boats out there running around, never saw any come buy us and hookup. The water is still pretty cold to the touch, going to have to warm up some before the kokes get active.
    wishin I was fishin

Were the boats out there trolling around deep water for kokes or rainbows??? Looks like I might go hit the river tomorrow and try and catch me a good brown or two!

the boats were scattered out looked like some were trolling for kokes others were just out from the shore trolling for bows.
    wishin I was fishin

10-4 Thank you. I did pretty good on that group of kokes a few years ago straight out from anvil in the early part of the season. I'm betting some guys are catching a few there and keeping it under wraps I don't blame em I guess!

I was at Flaming Gorge 04/02/14 - 04/06/14. We found some schooled kokes around deep water near Anvil. Every time we would go through a school we would hook up. We caught 5 but lost 3 at the boat. The schools were always moving though so I couldn't keep on them. We were mainly fishing for lakers but only caught 4. One being a personal record at 28lbs. We had a blast catching rainbows.
    Last edited by Leeisfishing; 04-10-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Sweet lee thanks for the report!

and congratulations on the laker!