Thread: Mudslide

Default Mudslide

My thoughts and prayers to the people of Washington caught in the devastation of the mud slide. God bless our American citizens.

Thanks Bduck - Our Son and his family live just two miles down stream from the slide area. This has been a tough time for them. Our grand daughter has a friend who is missing and presumed dead. The school buss made four trips a day to a turn around area that was in the middle of the slide.

Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers - Alan

Makes me want to reassess where I live. They are definitely in our thoughts.

It is a tragedy. Strangely enough why will folks seek insurance to rebuild in these locations? Do you realize since the 1600's that New Orleans has been devastated by a hurricane once every 15 years on average yet humans rebuild and seek Army Corp of Engineers and FEMA and Fed Flood Insurance to rebuild and change the course of the mighty Mo. For how many years have Geologists known about unstable hill sides? Gods Blessings to the families and friends of the missing and deceased. But everyone should move.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredChief on Kokanee View Post
    For how many years have Geologists known about unstable hill sides?
    Seeing as how Jesus used the principle as a teaching moment, at least a few thousand years. And no dishonor meant to those that have died. I think the same thing every time parts of Florida get turned into a pile of match sticks after a hurricane and people rebuild for it to happen all over again.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Rebuilding in known danger zones has always been incredulous to me. You only touch a hot stove once on purpose! And yes we are warned not build on a pile of sand. I don't think there is anywhere left to build on in this case. The area where my son lives is not subject to landslide and the houses are raised above the flood level.

Our prayers continue for the people impacted by all of this and the ones who are working on the recovery project.