Thread: Buckboard Saturday and Sunday

Default Buckboard Saturday and Sunday

I fished Buckboard on Saturday the 22nd I got there at about 9 am. We launched the boat and headed out into the channel south and east of the ramp near a large drop off h20 temp 37.5; ramp and lake totally ice free.. I don’t know the names of all the spots but it was about a mile from the ramp. I marked lots of fish from the bottom in 90 ft all the way to the top. I fished with a sling blade and a hutchie and my friend used flasher and kokanee king we trolled for about 3 hrs and only got one laker about 24 inches on the kok king. So we picked up and ran to the pipeline; waste of time. Did not mark any fish did not see any of the boats down there catch any fish, so we ran back to a spot I call the rainbow hole. We immediately started catching fish. The first one was a 12lb Mack, then a 21in Kokanee on a large #7 jointed rapala? From there we caught about 30 fish rainbows and Mack’s in 9 to 30 ft of water marking fish everywhere all fish were caught on jointed rapalas, rainbow and fire tiger. Sunday was about the same, all the rainbows were between 17 and 22 inches, I finished up on Sunday trolling a large Jensen dodger with a hutchie and got a 20lb ish. laker in 90 ft off the drop off, and let him go. There were lots of boats out I am surprised there are not more reports. OH the wind is a mother at about 1pm and cold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	6980

Thanks I hope to go Sat. was going to lanch at Lucerne, after your report don't know where to start. Did you try Middle marsh are see any boats their.

Flaming Gorge Map Location
    much of this info is available on the Fish n Maps
    Each location is listed in miles from the dam and N, S, E, W, is the Res. side you will find each located

0 S Dam

.5 S Cart Creek

.75 N Dutch John

1.2 N Mustang Ridge, Ramp

1.5 S Cedar Spring, Full S.

2-12 Red Canyon

3 S Bear Canyon

4 S Trail Creek

5 N Javies, Boat Camp

7 N N. Skunk Creed

9.25 S Gooseneck, Boat Camp

10.75 S Red Canyon Overlook Pt.

11.5 S Eagle Creek

12.75 S Carter Creek

13.6 Hide Out Canyon

14 S Down Overlook

16 S Hide Out Draw, Boat Cp.

17-18 Sheep Cr. Ramp

17-18 Kingfisher Island Canyon

19-24 Horse Shoe Canyon

23.75 E Boars Tusk

24-26W Lynwood Bay

24-26W Henry’s Fork River

24.75 E Antelope Flat

26 W Lucerne, Full Service

26.25 E The Glades

27 W Swim Beach

27 State Line

28 E Rawlins Draw

28-29W Wall Below Pipeline

29.25 Pipeline

31.5 W Twin Buttes

32-33W Anvil Point

33 E Wild Horse Bay

34.25 W Anvil Wash

35 E Middle Marsh Bay

39 E Upper Marsh, Ramp

40-41E Ranch House

40 W Squaw Hollow

41.5 E Lowe Canyon

42 W Skunk Cliffs

44.26 S Jap Island

46 W Big Bend

48 W Buckboard, Full Service

49 E Current Creek

52.5 N Confluence Point

Today three of us got 12 nice rainbows north of Anvil Draw fishing from shore. Most of the fish were caught on 3/8 ounce Cast Masters..

Regards, Keith

I did not fish Middle Marsh, I ran through there. There were boats there, but I did not stop in that area. The Buckboard area seemed to hold the most fish. I think you will do well where ever you fish, if you work to find them. I mostly fish buckboard, I need to try other spots. I saw what looked like schools of kokanee in 20 to 50 ft but could not get a bite. I am guessing that the water temp is slowing things down. The rainbows seemed to be shallow, and the macks were everywhere my friend caught a 12lb mack in 8 ft and I caught a big one in 90 ft.