Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Anyway, getting out of the weeds...

Going to LP this am and will probably fish the dam and from sheep creek east. Anyone know the water temp?

59 -60.. caught 7 yesterday around the dam longlining

caught a bunch of these on 5/30, 19' and 22' on the riggers, started at first light and for about 2hrs couldn't buy a bite but then the sun started hitting the water and the bite turned on

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2779.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	699.5 KB 
ID:	8077
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Fished Arrowrock 6 am to 7 am. Left without a bite. Got onto LP around 730 or so. By noon we hooked 14 kokes. 1 trout.
    water temp 63.5
    all fish were in less than 15 feet. Pink colors. did not matter as long as it was pink. Longlines 3/4 oz lead 55 feet back of boat. DR' set at 14 feet. 18 feet behind boat. Corn with Anise.
    No big schools but every turn produced fish. We turned alot............ HA
    LP is starting get out there before the skiers do.
    caught fish from Spring shores to Nursery on the more's creek side.

Quote Originally Posted by stev7975 View Post
    Glad someone has figured it out. We fished three days at Grandad last weekend and never caught one over 8 inches long. IDFG bio was doing creel surveys at the ramp and said he has logged one 11" fish this year but all the others were 6-8". Pretty sad. It would help if we put 50 a day in the cooler but still hard to justify the effort for sardines...
    Went up again Sunday a little harder caught 30 but had to work for them. The size about the same

Lost the cowling to my 15 HP Honda last saturday. Several folks on the lake told me they saw it on the bridge that crosses the Boise river (Highway 21). When we left and drove across around 1pm it appears that someone already picked it up. If you did I would be grateful if you shot me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Lost the cowling to my 15 HP Honda last saturday. Several folks on the lake told me they saw it on the bridge that crosses the Boise river (Highway 21). When we left and drove across around 1pm it appears that someone already picked it up. If you did I would be grateful if you shot me a PM.

Thanks in advance

How come no one posts anything here on how the fishing is. We were up there a week ago.... caught one very nice trout, two Kokes and talked to and saw several limits caught by others. Nobody wants to share? We fished hard but didn't have very good luck.
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by conservationist View Post
    How come no one posts anything here on how the fishing is. We were up there a week ago.... caught one very nice trout, two Kokes and talked to and saw several limits caught by others. Nobody wants to share? We fished hard but didn't have very good luck.
    Some people don't need or want the attention brought to their fishing places, others do. With the ease of the Internet, 9000 people read it's good fishing.....9000 people show up and it's no longer good fishing, it's a zoo. You said you talked to others who caught limits.....surely they shared info on their limit catching lure/bait/depth/technique.....maybe at
    least got a peek at their gear?
    No offense intended here. A lot of folks who do well and catch the record fish spend a lot of time on the water perfecting their knowledge and technique and may not be willing to share hard earned info with a walk on. Others will. I don't mind showing people how to fish a specific water, but I never share it all.

Seems pretty silly then to have a "forum" for fishing particular waters. But I do agree that if you advertise that "favorite" spot, lots of folks may show up. Seems like a real conflict. And no, I didn't get a chance to talk to the folks about what they used. The ramp was a bit "busy" while taking out so I loaded up and moved out of the way. Wife talked to a few while I waited my turn to back down the trailer, but she didn't ask the "how" question.

I do find it interesting though that the folk who fish LP are much more "open" about the fishing.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Lol...there are noooo good kokes in Arrowrock...the fishing there is aweful...don't waste a trip up that raggetty washboard road...stay on LP...its awesome! Wink wink

I honestly wish that LP was designated for all recreational boating and Arrowrock was limited to fishing only...greedy guy that I must sound like...I just get sick of getting bounced all around by wakeboarders looking for calm water to churn up and ruin...it gets old. I wish calmer more isolated lakes were closer...I'd go there. Unrealistic maybe...but a guy can dream right?

WOW Jimbo? that this tread is pretty silly and you are right unrealistic. We have and they have just as much right to be on any lake. I personally leave at 4 to 5 am to be done before noon. I have found as it gets warmer fishing slows by 11-12. or we have our limits. image what will happened when they pave the road up to launch. Never happen..... But still.

fishing was great. we could have had 2 easy limits but neither Duane or i really wanted to keep that many fish we did end up keeping 30 fish but we threw back a good number. in the morning 1/2 oz lead in-front of a 4/.0 dodger with a green hoochie with a Colorado blade in front of it produced the most fish. as the day wore on pink or orange worked the best for us. size was 14-17 inches. the chinook seem to have all disappeared the places we were consistently catching them were not holding any. the resivor ahs also come way up there is only 20 ft of bank left which i felt was encouraging. all this stupid rain seems to be doing some good

Went up May 28 for three days of fishing. We landed 31 between 15 and 18 inches. Using Ford Fenders and wedding rings with corn. We lost several right at the boat. My net is short and learned real fast I need a longer net to get them. Others using down riggers were doing much better. Fish moved to deeper water in the late morning.There were a lot at the north end near Pine but in the late afternoon they were gone. Great weather but getting warm fast up there. We camped just south of the air strip in near the ramp there. Not many camping sites in that area. This was our first trip up there and will not be the last.
    Terry

true, we all have the right to be there. But, no one has the "right" to fly by you at 35 mph when you are doing 2. Especially when they are 20 feet away from you with a half mile of open lake on the other side. People need to pay attention more and be more thoughtful. There is no reason for a lot of the stuff people do in boats.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150527_003.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	650.4 KB 
ID:	8084

Hit up arrowrock last fri. Got to the fishing spot around 11am, and had my limit by 1pm. Great fishing and very few squaws. The size seems to be getting better. My first fish was a dink, but the other 5 were over 17in. one was almost 20.

And I WILL share a bit of info, as I have found there are plenty of fish, and I tend to do better away from the crowd. They always seem to migrate over to me, but I just move to another isolated spot and start to slay them again. Orange has been really good, but all they wanted was green on fri. Pink has been producing squat. 20 foot deep, 40 foot set back. spin n glows seemed to be the ticket, but the old timer I talked to was doing good with apexs
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

I agree with trek. I am in a small boat trolling and someone goes out of their way to see what I am doing, at full speed, at 10 feet away. Better yet the fool that goes out of their way to show off how big a wake they can make for the fat slob surfing behind their boat and then cuts right in front of you.

I don't wish ill on any one but Saturday when some "boater" ripped his outdrive off pulling his boat out of the water after pulling in front of me when I was going to get my trailer, well, that was funny as.....well, any $5,000.00 bo-bo!

Well guys...it all might change drastically if they go through with their plans to build either a new dam, or raise the existing one 120 feet....the need more water so...imagine what Arrowrock would look and fish like if your boat was 120' above your head? New roads...new ramps...miles of new shoreline to fish...
    Now, I would think it'll probably never happen... But with the drought sitch in other states who knows.
    As far as for wakeboarders...I'd personally like to see their boats on my sonar...at the bottom of the lake...lol..their idiotic buffoonery knows no bounds....some consideration and common sense would go a long way....

Quote Originally Posted by callelk View Post
    I agree with trek. I am in a small boat trolling and someone goes out of their way to see what I am doing, at full speed, at 10 feet away. Better yet the fool that goes out of their way to show off how big a wake they can make for the fat slob surfing behind their boat and then cuts right in front of you.

I don't wish ill on any one but Saturday when some "boater" ripped his outdrive off pulling his boat out of the water after pulling in front of me when I was going to get my trailer, well, that was funny as.....well, any $5,000.00 bo-bo!
    Unfortunately as the population in our area grow's, the water maggot population will grow with it. The lack of common courtesy boggles the mind but not sure what to do about it with out breaking any laws.

On a more positve note, I am glad to hear some folks are getting limits. I cannot seem to get past 4 or 5 before it shuts off totally by 11 or noon.

I read a very thorough report recently from fish and game from that Bull Trout census they did in 2011...there was a TON of fascinating info in that report..you guys should take some time to read it. One interesting bit of info was that they killed...get this...11,000 pounds of suckers...3300 pounds of squaws...pounds...this is why we haven't been pounded by the squaws since then...third largest pop of fish in Arrowrock...was perch...that's right...perch...largest small mouth caught was 22" long...pig! Anyway...great read if you're interested.

First, I gotta say I'm glad I spoke up ... got some conversation going in the Arrowrock forum. Second, thanks Terek for some tips. They are appreciated. I also dislike LP after about 10 AM due to the inconsiderate boaters. And I hate heading out at 5 AM! Being retired helps as I can fish mid week. I'm new to fishing Arrowrock. I've always avoided the road. When I started to chase Kokes 3 years ago, I got some great help and advice on the LP forum. I sort of expected the same on this forum. And I'm not saying folks here won't share .... just found it interesting that there had been no posts since about April and the boat ramp parking's been full all of May!

One last thing .... I am amazed at the size of the Kokes in Arrowrock compared to LP.

Be safe!
    Pull up and say Hi!

Not sure if this was posted or spoke about already but was reading the F & G site, looks like we get 5000 more 13 to 14 inch Chinook this month put into Anderson.
    06 Lowe 185. 150 HO Etec

I don't mind throwing out info...I'm just being sarcastic...I haven't been up there in a couple weeks so I have little to offer...just this...head straight across from boat ramp...bear right towards the dam...fish the bay or mouth by the little cove in the back...if that doesn't work...try a few laps around the dam bowl...if that fails...shoot east to the sharp bend...try there...then head on back past that bend to the next big river mouth on the right...try there...keep in mind that kokes prefer water around 52 degrees...so try to guess based on surface temps how far down that would be...and target that depth. If surface is 60...they'll be above 20'...when surface hits 70...drop to 25-30'...vary your speed between .90 and 1.8 mph...occasionally make sharp turns back and forth slowly like "S" turns and watch for bites...if they bite during a turn...on the outside of turn...your straight speed may be a bit slow...if they bite on the inside of the turn...your straight speed is too fast...make small changes always..not radical ones...a little shallower...a bit deeper...sooner or later you'll find them more consistently...hope this helps you brother... Jim

Oh..lol...change colors and dodger sizes now and then til you find what works best...I typically run three rods of different stuff...one fish does not make a pattern...but if you get 4 out of five on one particular setup...switch em all to that one...good luck!

Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast