Page 34 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Default You said it!

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    Funny! I said almost the same thing to my buddy the other day when we were at LP. I asked how can these guys expect to catch any fish just running back and forth all day? Why is it the Googans think they're doing you a favor by slowing down when they pass you about 50' away.....bow up in the air plowing water like a tug boat......and then wave. Grrrrrr
    You said it. I really don't mind when another fisherman passes at 50' trolling along with everyone else, in fact I wave a good luck to them which is almost always reciprocated. We fished at LP from 10-4 and were buzzed by wake boarders and a "few" ski boats. None the less we had a good day today. We caught 7 Kokes all about 13-14" and a handful of Rainbows. Kokes were hitting on an orange squid and a pink/silver wedding ring behind flashers. Trout hit the red wedding rings, also behind flashers. The wife and I had a great day on the lake!

Good Luck and tight lines!

Arrived at LP around 11:30 and fished until 4:30. Stayed in one area and had people come and go on our spot all day with no luck as well. Landed 5 nice Kookes and lost 5 at the boat. Really light bite and they were unhooking themselves in the net. Picked up 6 Rainbows that were good size as well.

Like everyone else, catching them on top, long lining. Guys running down riggers don’t seem to do as well this early in the season. Gave my colored shoe peg and some tips to a guy and his wife that have recently retired and who will be fishing LP all this coming week. Nice people, way better than the wake-board jerks....

I tried the Kokabow pop gear today and it seemed to do all right with the trout but only one Koke on the Osprey in flight gear as it is called. Anyone else using the the Kokabow flashers yet?
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Hit LP @ about 1130. Took a bit to find them but then got a bite almost every pass. Only got 3 in the boat but lost a lost a lot. The self setting hooks failed me again...
    Wake boat with nobody surfing went by me at about 30 feet away with the stern below the water line... that's the first time I've about had my butt thrown out of my pontoon boat. I did not have time to turn into the wake. Nice afternoon other than a ton of traffic making it difficult to make a safe turn in the narrows. Long line cowbells at 60 feet back did best, a couple hits on down riggers at 15 and 20. Pink hoochie behind doger.

Salmonster......saw you were at LP today. Ok, I recognized the dogs. How'd you do? I got there about 11 and saw you were tied off at one of the docks across from spring shores.....lunch break or dog break. We got a few in the area you were in, then headed to the narrows and nailed em at about 2 o'clock when the wind died off to dead calm. Orange seemed to be the best. They were biting really light. We had to be right on our rod to get em. Not very many boats. Saw a few others with nets out.

Rick
    We were there. Limits have been tough for me to come by the last few weeks. Seems like we can get close but can't quite get there. We are losing a lot of fish/bites and seem to be below 50%. Some operator error, but she doesn't like to be told not to throw them a loop of line when they come of the rigger clips. Two of us only able get 6 good koks to the boat yesterday. Mostly on kokabows and microhoochies between 13 and 22 ft. Seems like the larger flasher blades were producing better than the smaller ones, and sling blades out producing RMT gear. With the increase in boat traffic we may be there less going forward. Almost time to chase springers anyway. Which boat are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by salmonster View Post
    We were there. Limits have been tough for me to come by the last few weeks. Seems like we can get close but can't quite get there. We are losing a lot of fish/bites and seem to be below 50%. Some operator error, but she doesn't like to be told not to throw them a loop of line when they come of the rigger clips. Two of us only able get 6 good koks to the boat yesterday. Mostly on kokabows and microhoochies between 13 and 22 ft. Seems like the larger flasher blades were producing better than the smaller ones, and sling blades out producing RMT gear. With the increase in boat traffic we may be there less going forward. Almost time to chase springers anyway. Which boat are you in?
    We've been doing about the same on the limits. Bite is light, you have to be on the rod for the hookup. Been doing better on the long lines than the downriggers. I have some heavy silver casting spoons with green and orange fishscale on them I've been using for flash followed by an orange spin n glo with orange faceted beads. That's been the most effective on the long line. I actually have no idea how deep I am with it, but about 100' on the counter back. I'm in a white Lund with a Verado OB on the back. I work an area until the other boats see we're catching and crowd in, then move to where they came from and catch there till they flock to us again. I haven't seen a lot of nets out on other boats so far this year, hopefully they're doing ok and I just haven't seen it. I think it's been tough for everyone in the past couple weeks.

We've been doing about the same on the limits. Bite is light, you have to be on the rod for the hookup. Been doing better on the long lines than the downriggers. I have some heavy silver casting spoons with green and orange fishscale on them I've been using for flash followed by an orange spin n glo with orange faceted beads. That's been the most effective on the long line. I actually have no idea how deep I am with it, but about 100' on the counter back. I'm in a white Lund with a Verado OB on the back. I work an area until the other boats see we're catching and crowd in, then move to where they came from and catch there till they flock to us again. I haven't seen a lot of nets out on other boats so far this year, hopefully they're doing ok and I just haven't seen it. I think it's been tough for everyone in the past couple weeks.
    I was keeping the spin-glo as a secret- its out now- metallic red and green with flash on the wings have been best for us

I would upload some video- finally got some of 3 and 4 fish on together/short sequence, but do I have to upload it to youtube first?

Fished L.P. from 10:00 to 1:30, across from Spring Shores into the narrows. 1 koke at 15' on lime green bead spinner, two trout on trolling fly at about 10'. Koke about 13".

Spent the last two days at LP. Kokes kicked my butt. Just call me "On and Gone!" Hooked a dozen or so all on the top lines. Pink Sling blades, pink wiggle hootchies, shoe peg, 1 oz sinker, 100 feet back. The trout seemed to like a green Apex with a green Sling blade. Oh well, NEXT TIME!!!

I was keeping the spin-glo as a secret- its out now- metallic red and green with flash on the wings have been best for us
    Oops. Sorry. Secret lure, secret spot, secret parking.....you still have to know how to use it, find it and get em to the bag.

i was thinking got going out tomorrow any recent updates?

Went out yesterday. Started at 1000 and ended around 1400. Three kokes (two 14in and one shy of 16in) as well as a couple trout. Dropping 1oz flashlights a mile and half NE of turners.

That's my spot.

Wait, You guy's know about the Spin-Glo's... Are you kidding all the secrets are out now!!!!!
    Last edited by JTM; 05-06-2015 at 11:14 PM.

They know about the secret parking spot, the scents, spin and glo's and now they are telling where to fish on the open forum page........ WOW what has the page gone to? Before long they will find Panda point and start fishing there
    Last edited by sturgeon8r; 05-07-2015 at 12:06 AM. Reason: misspelled

Just no pics of the lucky peak chinook.... please.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	8012
    Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Just no pics of the lucky peak chinook.... please.
    What, like this monster lucky peak chinook?
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	8012

What, like this monster lucky peak chinook?
    Dammit now the word is out....

How deep was that? Did you catch that on herring?

Was it's belly full of baby Kokanee?

Any luck up below the AR dam? Wanting to try a few new places other than the LP dam and the narrows at the Marina?

I've done most of my fishing this year from Spring Shores up towards Mack's Creek. I have not fished above Mack's Creek. I've caught several limits of kokanee and on some days lots of trout. Unfortunately, I've not been out for over two weeks.

Physion

Thanks Physion, that's the direction we were going to head out tomorrow.

Update on LP. Fished from 7:30-12:30 on Sat AM, put 10 kokes in the cooler, lots of fish in the main pool off of Spring Shores Marina, we lost 4 or would have been off the water sooner. Fished between 15'-30'.

Page 34 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast