Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
Results 2,076 to 2,088 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Default Nov Koke

fished Saturday from 10 to about 3 landed 2 nice fish. had 3 other bites/Take downs. water temp was BRRRRRRR 53........ had most of our bite over by the cement towers by the dam. Beautiful day.......

I also went out again this past Thursday (11/10). My buddy and I were 1 short of our limits. Nice day but definitely on the cool side. Fished from 11am to 5:30, mostly in the Charcoal Bay area. Did fish a bit in Goose Neck Bay, but all we were catching were small Chinooks there. Maybe they need to rename that bay Chinook Bay. :) Used Ford Fenders with green and purple spinners. Also used a pick hoochie that was really working well. Many bites on it. Fished mostly with 2 1/2 and 3 oz weights. Probably had 40+ hits for the day, just couldn't land that 12th fish - even fishing for a bit after the sun set. Ended up releasing 6 or 7 Chinooks and 1 trout for the day. All the Kokanees were between 13" and 14". Not many boats out on that day so it felt like we had the reservoir to ourselves again. Great day!

------------------------------------------

KokaneeKevin
    16' Tracker (beige w/ green stripes), 75hp, 4-str Merc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kokanee_11102016.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	8842  

Default Still Fishing

I went up to Lucky Peak yesterday (Tuesday) and managed to get a limit. Was the only one on the lake.... although there were some that launched their boats to run around the lake a bit then leave. Probably just getting ready to winterize their boats. Fished from about 9:30 to 3:00. Very windy in the morning.... but no rain! The wind settled down about 11:00. Used orange Wedding Ring with a small orange blade and an orange Hoochie both with fire corn and a few Berkley GULP! maggots. Both lines out about 50 feet with a 1/2 ounce sinker. Tons and Tons of bites.....just couldn't seem to get most of them to the boat.

Default Please identity this trout

In mid Nov. we fished at LP between Goose Neck Bay and Charcoal creek and caught and released 6 trout while trolling for Kok. Three of the trout has many dark spot around their body and that was a 1st time we caught them in Lucky Peak. Please let me know the identity of this trout. Thanks.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default hybrid?

Most likely a Mistake the Fish and Game planted. Looks like a Hybrid trout of some kind.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hybr...TUqaIHlZ&tbo=u

Looks like a nicely colored Rainbow to me. Occasionally, F&G buys their planters from a different hatchery due to supply availability. It might just be a strain that you aren't used to seeing in the lake. It looks very common to the ones that I'm used to seeing.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Definitely a rainbow. Mike

Default LP Fishing Today Nov. 30 2016

Deleted, duplicated post
    Last edited by fish4kok; 12-02-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: duplicated

Default LP Fishing Today Nov. 30 2016

Thank sturgeon8r, SuperD and kodiak1 for the answer. I follow the link that sturgeon8r post and compare the fish that I caught with the picture on hybrid trout, that may be the "Brownbows". It's said:
    "...6. Rainbow and brown trout do not interbreed in the wild although ‘brownbows’ have been produced on fish farms." info from this website is in UK so I'm not sure.
    http://www.wildtrout.org/content/trout-facts

We fished today at LP from 11:30 AM ~ 3:30PM. We're only boat in the lake. Wind died down about noon and few snow flakes...

We boated 3 Kok about 13" and released 3 rainbow trout from Charcoal Creek to Goose Neck Bay. Forgot DR at home so we fish 3 longline poles. 1 rod 3 oz sinker WR + white corn 35' line out. The other two rods with dodger + pink squid + white corn.
    This may be our last kokanee fishing trip in LP.

Default trout

This is the last time you fish LP this year? Or this is the last time you fish LP "EVER"? Why?

While we are discussing trout. We caught a fish this summer at LP that looked like a coho. As it turned out it was simply a hybrid trout with very very light markings and almost no color variations through the torso. It had a white mouth/jaw line and pronounced head, larger mouth, but not as defined V tail as a koke plus a more slender body but the coloring was very koke like. It fought good and was very healthy acting in the water. The thing was bloody so we reduced it to take and brought it home for the BBQ. That decision was made also with the initial thought that this could be a coho. Way back in the day we used to catch planter coho at Cascade and they were delicious.

During cleaning the fish had a more distinct and pungent fish odor than your normal trout or koke. The meat was pink and solid but went quickly to lighter color when it got on the BBQ. The cooking process really unleashed the stink and it was horrible by the time it was done. Literally stunk up the entire backyard and kitchen and I had serious concern for the future of my nice steel BBQ or I'd get another piece of hate mail from the neighborhood association! The meat looked good and away from the carcass it was not as terrible smelling so I tried it. YUCK! I'm a sportsman and kept the damn thing so I choked about half of it down. WTF? I guess this is now why I consider a trout of darn near any variety including a steelhead to be a trash fish only useful in sport. Leave the eating to the salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    This is the last time you fish LP this year? Or this is the last time you fish LP "EVER"? Why?

This is the last time I fish LP this year. Thanks.
    LP is close to home and it takes about 40 minutes drive for me to fish.

Default LP-1st Day of Winter

For the 1st day of Winter my wife and I drove on HW21 for sight seeing. We stopped by LP in the afternoon and took few pictures. No fishing boat, no bank fishermen. Everything was very quiet.
    New Year is coming very quick. Hopefully that everyone will have a good kokanee's fishing in Spring.

Default Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone, I wish you all have a good Kokanee fishing in 2017.
    Time is going fast, 2017 already start on its first day but for fishing it's not ready yet (just for me :)) LP road to Turner Gulch is open, they plowed from the dam to Turner boat ramp. (4x4 truck with tires chain if you want to launch your boat) The water is open from the dam thru Pipeline that as far I can see. In Spring Shore Marina is few places is open and some other area is frozen, close to the bank ice is about 3" thick.
    Here are few pictures of Boise 14th Polar Bear Day that I took on New Year Day at Spring Shore Marina. Brrrr!!!Brrrr!!!Brrrr!!!

Adm. Sawtooth and Gonefishing please open 2017 Anderson, LP, ARock, Deadwood...forum. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fish4kok; 01-01-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384