Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

I was out Saturday the 12th and The Marina ramp was wet but the docks were still dry. It appears a significant amount of water was added this week on the hydro report. As for the fishing it was slow. Caught one koke and one trout both about 14 inches. Fished 4 hours for the two fish. It did not seem others had any better luck. The water Temp is 40 degrees and it seemed more fish were showing up on the cliffs nearest the nursery. It did not seem to show many fish across the lake over on the opposite side.
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

I've never fished kokes in the spring, can anybody tell me more, about depth, or anything different than summer fishing.

thanks

at LP, last year we started out mid march thru sept with the same gear and depth - going to be late this year due to the massive, cold runoff - we longline only- catch most at 10-20 ft - god luck

now I can't wait, thanks for the reply,
    scottc

I launched yesterday, Mar 17, at the Spring Shores marina. A bit of dock was in the water. I got 4 kokanee and a rainbow. Not a bad day with the water rising as fast as it is.

Physion
    Last edited by Physion; 03-18-2016 at 05:43 PM. Reason: include date

Thanks for the report! What size were the kokes? And we're you using your standard set up?

I started longlining with a dodger on one set up and my usual troll on the other. I got one fish very shallow on my usual troll. After going fishless for a time I put on some weight and was fairly productive with my usual three-blade troll and a spinner. All four kokanee were 14 inches plus/minus. I was down 15 to 20 feet. The fish were pretty scattered. Going back through where I had just caught one didn't produce a second. Next trip out I'm going to take my downriggers and see if I can start learning how to use them effectively. I've put so many fish in the boat by longlining that I'm almost hesitant to mess with success by trying the downriggers.

Physion

Boated a dozen averaging just over 8.5". Bigger than last year!

Physion ,You certainly are successful with your longline method. We typically run one long line out the back center at all times and attach the outside rods to the riggers. I really like the depth consistancy with the down riggers even when fishing shallow. Of course when fish are down at 90' as they where last year at Anderson they are a must have. Good luck with your down rigger I am sure you will add another dimension to your game that will put even more fish in the cooler.

I am selling my Klamath that has worked well for me at Lucky Peak and Arrow Rock. Please check for details in the classifieds.

Went out for an hour today...a few boats but I only heard of one caught.

First time at LP after pulling boat over from Bend. 3 hours fishing, 1 13" Koke before the grandkids insisted on heading home. Most interesting event was pulling up to the Turner Gulch boat ramp to pull out. There was truck backed to the the water with boat partially loaded. 15 minutes later finally pulled out of the water but stopped with boat and trailer just clear of the water, for another 5+ minutes. Sure hope there was an equipment issue and not incompetence. Sure gummed up the works.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by oldranger View Post
    First time at LP after pulling boat over from Bend. 3 hours fishing, 1 13" Koke before the grandkids insisted on heading home. Most interesting event was pulling up to the Turner Gulch boat ramp to pull out. There was truck backed to the the water with boat partially loaded. 15 minutes later finally pulled out of the water but stopped with boat and trailer just clear of the water, for another 5+ minutes. Sure hope there was an equipment issue and not incompetence. Sure gummed up the works.

Mike
    Seen them, I spent 15-20 min trying to get out when someone backed into my slot and darn near ran over my boat with a 30' sailboat as I was walking to the truck. Other side was empty...............

Typically takes 5 min for me to get the heck out of the way....oh well, got out of there right when the skiers started to launch.

Fished two days 13 trout 3 Kokanee one 16 inches two 10 inches. Very nice size trout hitting on the surface. Kokanee 20 ft deep dodger and orange squid with white corn.

I am selling my Klamath that has worked well for me at Lucky Peak and Arrow Rock. Please check for details in the classifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by callelk View Post
    Seen them, I spent 15-20 min trying to get out when someone backed into my slot and darn near ran over my boat with a 30' sailboat as I was walking to the truck. Other side was empty...............

Typically takes 5 min for me to get the heck out of the way....oh well, got out of there right when the skiers started to launch.
    Yes it really shouldn't take too long to pull ot but lots of people seem to think they need to do complete tie down and draining before leaving the ramp area. Right now with only two lanes open and short dock space things are a little difficult, especially with the long distance to the parking area. Then if you are fishing single handed or you are both the boat driver and the tow vehicle driver things get even more difficult. Even as I was grousing about the wait I was telling myself to be patient.

Mike

Default Boat launch

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Good Luck this year at Anderson Ranch.
    You can put in at the dam in Anderson--I was there today and there was a boat fishing in the ramp area

fished there Sat & Sun

And how did you do?

Drove up to Curlew a few days ago to bank fish for trout. There is still a berm about 4' high at the road entrance, and snow down to the water's edge. It had melted out about 20', but had refrozen. Did see a couple fishing where the creek hits slack water, and they had caught a couple nice trout. Mike

camdog, wasn't aware Chinook were still in there, how do you fish for them? anthing else you can tell me? thanks

Default info

Quote Originally Posted by icelander View Post
    Boated a dozen averaging just over 8.5". Bigger than last year!
    Icelander, how deep were the fish you were catching?

Quote Originally Posted by Pace22 View Post
    Icelander, how deep were the fish you were catching?
    Don't have a fish finder. Expected them near the surface but I'm guessing 15-25' is where we hit most of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160325_124536(1).jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	581.1 KB 
ID:	8446New to the site and looking forward to meeting some people this year out on the water. Thought I would give an update on the Anderson Ranch, ran up today and fished for a few hours before the wind and snow kicked in. You can currently launch and the dam and the water is open all the way with no ice. Fished a few spots but I don't know any of the landmarks by name, only marked a few fish in most spots with no takers. Finally found one bigger group of fish and was able to get one to bite. It was a nice 13 -14 inch Chinook. It was the only action we had for the little time we spent but things should only get better. Did they plant the Chinook multiple years? The Chinook we caught last year were all in the 18 to 20 inch range and was expecting them to be bigger but maybe there is a different class in there. At first glance we thought it was a Koke but after getting a closer look black mouth and tons of spots on the back. It also had about a 3 inch fish in its mouth. The fish we marked were from 8' to 25'
    Hope this helps for those wanting info on access
    Fish on!
    Last edited by Fish4Kokes; 03-25-2016 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks for the report. The Idaho fish and game stocked 5,553 chinook fingerlings 3-6 inches on 06-04-2015.
    That is a great growth rate! The fish stocked in 2013 should be impressive this year. What was the water temp? Might head up tomorrow at o light hundred.

Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast