Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

He was controversial awhile ago but nothing lately, ya he can a smart ass. But that guy has 2 state fishing records an catches more fish than anyone out there. Just kind of dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipjack24 View Post
    He was controversial awhile ago but nothing lately, ya he can a smart ass. But that guy has 2 state fishing records an catches more fish than anyone out there. Just kind of dumb.
    Not sure I understand the "Just kind of dumb" statement. Are you referring to Nitehawk or your assessment of the situation?

The situation/moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    Not sure I understand the "Just kind of dumb" statement. Are you referring to Nitehawk or your assessment of the situation?

Well Nite Hawk got banned, god for bid you direct people away from the forum moderaters buddy's website that sells tackle. I'm over this bull**** forum, bunch rookies that have no clue trying to get free info on the internet an still can't catch fish. Out.
    there is way more to it. When him and I got into it, I got a pm from a moderator saying to stop immediately. And we are all here to share info, give and receive. That is the point of this forum. We are all friends here, and don't need any negativity. Go brag some were else. We are here to learn, and teach. I'm not sure who you are referring to as "rookies" as most longer members are very good fisherman. Anderson is just tough this year, due to the fires a few years ago. Heck, I had several trips up there last year were my wife and I would limit out in 4-6 hours. And I shared exactly how we did it. Couple 70-80 fish weekends as well.

Cant we all be cool, like on the lucky peak thread???
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

seems to be slowing down, as the fish turn color. We went out sun. and did alright, but it took all day. fished 6-4, and landed 7 fish. Lost just as many if not more. They still seem yo be running shallow. I ran 2 rigs at 10 feet, and 2 at 20 feet. Got one on the 20 footer, the rest on the 10 footers. I tried the orange spinner trick I have read on hear, but to no avail. Ended up back to pink hoochies to catch fish. End of the season blues.

We are headed up to magic reservoir today, for the weekend. My mom and step dad live in Fairfield, and say the bit is ON at magic. No koks, but the trout that come out of there are as pink as koks. I'm not a big trout fan, and tend to just smoke them, but I will eat magic trout all day.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Talk about bragging... It is for rookies

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    there is way more to it. When him and I got into it, I got a pm from a moderator saying to stop immediately. And we are all here to share info, give and receive. That is the point of this forum. We are all friends here, and don't need any negativity. Go brag some were else. We are here to learn, and teach. I'm not sure who you are referring to as "rookies" as most longer members are very good fisherman. Anderson is just tough this year, due to the fires a few years ago. Heck, I had several trips up there last year were my wife and I would limit out in 4-6 hours. And I shared exactly how we did it. Couple 70-80 fish weekends as well.

Cant we all be cool, like on the lucky peak thread???

Talk about bragging... It is for rookies
    We thought you were "out". Should we cancel the going away party?

Oh I'm sure I'll get banned any way. Title of the forum should be "Give away your fishing secrets here"

I actually only joined this forum because it is hilarious the comments I read, thought it would be fun to chime and feel like a rookie once in awhile. "hey how deep were you fishing?" "hey what color" Hey what speed"

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    We thought you were "out". Should we cancel the going away party?

Default You need to go

If this is such a crummy forum why are you still here--Go fish with your buddies that are pro's

Default Reason People become banned

The only reason people become band is for belittling other fishermen or bad language, sexual, religious and any other form of harassment. If you have been warned, the tolerance level goes to Zero after the warning. Good conversations and disagreements have their place, if the posts are respectful. The last thing that we want is to ban folks. I think this conversation has run its course. Please change the subject on this thread.

Default Here here

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    The only reason people become band is for belittling other fishermen or bad language, sexual, religious and any other form of harassment. If you have been warned, the tolerance level goes to Zero after the warning. Good conversations and disagreements have their place, if the posts are respectful. The last thing that we want is to ban folks. I think this conversation has run its course. Please change the subject on this thread.
    I totally agree with you. All these lake on here are winding down for the season. 2017 is a new season. all of you have fun Hunting, fishing and pray for snow..........

Attachment 8752

That is funny, if you sub orange for green that is what has been working for me. Well, right up until a week ago when I changed to mini orange hoochies behind an orange and green dodger.

Strange year. I guess I am lucky as I was never skunked and I was able to bring in 2 over 18", 3 over 19" and 2 at 20"+ this year. But then I caught a bunch that were 14" and under and even a few that were smaller than the lure...and to think this would be the year that I bought a new boat.

Anyway, prepping for Cascade and will be there for 9 days. Last time I was there we boated 80 trout with most over 18" and 2 over 25". Perch, well that is another story. Caught 2 this year trolling with 3-1/2" broken back Rebels and divers. Nothing on bait, jigs or anything else....

Very strange year.

Default Looking forward to Fall Fishing

Anyone else looking forward to fall fishing this year? Lower water temps, less traffic on the lake and a chance to be on the lake during the change of seasons! Hopefully the Kokes will start biting again towards the end of the month. And.... the during this "oh most holy" time of the year the little people will be back in school and off the lake! My wife and I will be bouncing between Willapah Bay, on the Washington coast, and Lucky Peak. Can't wait!

Pauli

Default Today's Report

Still very very slow at LP. Survived the little storm that passed over at 9am. We only caught 3 kokes and all 13-14" plus one nice trout. Only had five take downs without a hook up. We tried a lot of misc stuff at 20-40 ft where we were marking schools but the only action was on top with DR at 5 ft! Orange spinner once again got it all and after we went for three hours without a sniff. We couldn't get a bite at 9ft but did at 5 and 6. i should have started out way up on top and moved down but we went right to 20ft where we marked most of the schools.

That rain put down the grossest black gunk all over my beautiful boat! No wonder the fish won't bite...the water is polluted with soot. It was really nice for an hour after the storm because you could breath and not taste the air!

A slow day of trolling for kokes is a lot better than most things!

Default My First Kokanee!!!

I went out on my kayak this past Wednesday (8/10) from 9am to 1pm at Shore Springs. It was a beautiful morning with a few motor boats trolling around with down riggers and a few longliners. (I am getting all this kokanee jargon down, I think! LOL!!!) I started off long lining 1 rod rigged with a 4" dodger (prism) with a green WR (silver blade) behind it around 15'. My other rig had a cowbell system with an orange WR with silver blade behind it. I was running that shallower between surface and 10'. I was getting hits on both rigs and throughout the 2, I brought in 2 14" Kokanee's. They were my first kokanee ever caught! I don't know if there is any "unwritten" rule to release Kokanee under a certain lenght. Is there? They are a tough fish to fish for, or it was fairly slow. I talked to a few other anglers and some were catching a few and others were not getting hit. I took a break from trolling and fished for some smallmouth and even brought in a few squawfish that were properly disposed of. Just want to thank F-Bomb for the advice he gave me on 7/22. Next time I go, I plan on using some salt water tactics my Dad taught me to see if it works. The action of Kokanee reminds me of smelt and mackeral when I used to live in SoCal and catch those species. We will see what happens :-) Enjoy the pics - I told my woman I was bringing home dinner. Man do they taste good!!! Pan fried on butter with some spices, served with brown rice and some cucmber slaw :-) (Sorry - no pics of dinner) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080488.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	8770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080489.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	8771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080491.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	8772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080493.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	8773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080494.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	8774

Default Very quiet around here.....

Anyone been on the lake fishing lately? With the kids back in school maybe the lake will be less "lively".

Pauli

I was at the lake yesterday to pull the kids and their friends around on a wakeboard. I saw three fish that were on the surface, two were dead and belly up and one was just swimming along the surface until he came to our boat then went down. All were in full spawning colors. The two dead ones looked like they may have spawned out already. I think you are going to catch nothing but trout, and next years fish if you go now.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

I've been twice in the past two weeks and both trips were really slow. Only a few fish boated per trip. Slow fishing isn't worth it to fight the wake boats and breath in that nasty soot that has been hanging over LP for the past four weeks. I check this forum almost daily to see if the bite has come back on but it appears that it has not. I'm good with next years fish if we can get some good action. Heck for years and years we thought 14" kokes were awesome! Elefantdude.....I turn back the ones that seem strong unless they are the 17 plus 3rd years because they are so fantastic on the BBQ. Also judged by what I have in the freezer. I don't think that they are as wonderful after a few months frozen so if I have a good collection in bags I am less aggressive on the taking part of fishing.

It's getting pretty close to salmon/steelhead time over on the Columbia and we are also going for a coastal trip in a few weeks so that will have to suffice!

Way way back in the day we used to troll flies long line up at LP and have a great time working trout. They would hammer a wooly bugger and fight hard on a light fly pole. Might have to see if that is still the case up there this fall. We did catch a number of very large trout this summer but I'm tainted and consider them somewhat of a nuisance when I'm looking for kokanee. hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    I've been twice in the past two weeks and both trips were really slow. Only a few fish boated per trip. Slow fishing isn't worth it to fight the wake boats and breath in that nasty soot that has been hanging over LP for the past four weeks. I check this forum almost daily to see if the bite has come back on but it appears that it has not. I'm good with next years fish if we can get some good action. Heck for years and years we thought 14" kokes were awesome! Elefantdude.....I turn back the ones that seem strong unless they are the 17 plus 3rd years because they are so fantastic on the BBQ. Also judged by what I have in the freezer. I don't think that they are as wonderful after a few months frozen so if I have a good collection in bags I am less aggressive on the taking part of fishing.

It's getting pretty close to salmon/steelhead time over on the Columbia and we are also going for a coastal trip in a few weeks so that will have to suffice!

Way way back in the day we used to troll flies long line up at LP and have a great time working trout. They would hammer a wooly bugger and fight hard on a light fly pole. Might have to see if that is still the case up there this fall. We did catch a number of very large trout this summer but I'm tainted and consider them somewhat of a nuisance when I'm looking for kokanee. hmmm
    Thanks for the info, F-Bomb, on what to release! When does the "Fall" season usually start for Kokanee at LP? Looking forward to it now. I was thinking about going this Wednesday, but it seems like it will be all for naught.

Trolled from 10-3= 1 little coho. Kokes stacked in front of robie creek. Tried jigging= nothing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0914.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	8780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0913.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	8779  
    Last edited by nepetbutler; 08-23-2016 at 01:35 AM.
    team Zigzag

Default Spawning Kokanee

We decided to drive up HWY 21 and visit some creeks on the way to Idaho City. We checked out Robie, Mores and Grimes. We did a little panning for gold as well :-)
    Anyways, I did fish for some and caught and released a few. Here are some pictures of our trip. Enjoy!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9880.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	8781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9885.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	8782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9877.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	8783Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9911.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	8784

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    Trolled from 10-3= 1 little coho. Kokes stacked in front of robie creek. Tried jigging= nothing
    Just curious... what's that ice chest modification?

Looks like a home made air conditioner to me. Pretty neat.

12 volt AC. Fill with ice blocks. 9 inch fan from a Honda radiator. Pulls a 1/2 amp per hour. Or fog machine when filled with dry ice and water for my karoake show
    team Zigzag

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantdude View Post
    We decided to drive up HWY 21 and visit some creeks on the way to Idaho City. We checked out Robie, Mores and Grimes. We did a little panning for gold as well :-)
    Anyways, I did fish for some and caught and released a few. Here are some pictures of our trip. Enjoy!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9880.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	8781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9885.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	8782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9877.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	8783Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9911.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	8784
    Nice. Caught sum silvers on top leaving the boatramp . 9am pink hoochie/ Firecorn / powerbait
    team Zigzag

Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast