Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

I think guys get them confused with something else... They are in the SF tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Dog View Post
    I've never ever heard of a Brown caught in Anderson and I've been fishing it for 35 years............

Default Thursday trip

Going up tomorrow. Are the fish up towards the top? Last I went I used 1 Oz at 60'. Any help would be appreciated.

steve, that's pretty much what I was running last weekend. I did slow down a little and shorten up to 45 to 50 foot. Fish were still at 15 to 25 ft for the most part.
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Fished today from noon until 5:00PM. It was slow for us. We cover from Goose Neck Bay to Pipe Line Creek. 6 hits, caught 3 Kok and lost 3. Longline 85' line out no weight Ford Fender + Pink Kokabow. DR from 5' to 15 Green dodger + UV light green super squids.
    There were few fishing boats on the lake but there wasn't much action.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 06-16-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default My 2nd trip to Dworshak

Went last weekend. Put in at Freeman Creek and went across to Canyon. I could see a couple of boats plenty busy reeling in fish compared to the couple we caught. I noticed larger blades for the bells they were using. I had some large blades in my spinner kit so I made up a 4 blade willow leaf with 2.5" blades. That was the trick, 20' down and the bigger blades we started catching fish. I have my 5 year old granddaughter this weekend so I think we will be up there again.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteHawk View Post
    Ever caught much Chinook? That my friend is a King salmon.
    I have never ever herd of anyone calling a chinook a king salmon. and yes, I have caught many chinook out of Anderson. Here is a couple from last year
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150322_004.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	581.2 KB 
ID:	8641Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150322_001.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	413.3 KB 
ID:	8642
    Last edited by terek; 06-16-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Dog View Post
    I've never ever heard of a Brown caught in Anderson and I've been fishing it for 35 years............

Name:	432171_2705843133969_871220487_n.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	8639

caught this brown out of Anderson in 2010. I have caught 3-4. All from the bank before I got a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Fished today from noon until 5:00PM. It was slow for us. We cover from Goose Neck Bay to Pipe Line Creek. 6 hits, caught 3 Kok and lost 3. Longline 85' line out no weight Ford Fender + Pink Kokabow. DR from 5' to 15 Green dodger + UV light green super squids.
    There were few fishing boats on the lake but there wasn't much action.
    it seems the fish are going deeper. Try around 20-30 next time

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    it seems the fish are going deeper. Try around 20-30 next time
    The fish that I caught were from 5' to 15' range. We fish with 3 poles, wife had same set up and she fish deeper from 20 - 45, she didn't have any hit. We might catch few more then the rain came and we quit.
    I thought you already leave for Anderson fishing trip. Good luck.

So Chinook salmon & king salmon are the exact same fish just two different terms. Ocean run Chinook and landlock Chinook are king salmon.

Also those are babies your harvesting there. Need to throw them back so they can get to 15 plus lbs like the ones I've been catching. Keep all the dang kokes you want. The Chinook fishery is so new in that lake its questionable whether or not they will reproduce. Last year 0 Chinook made it back to the weir.

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    I have never ever herd of anyone calling a chinook a king salmon. and yes, I have caught many chinook out of Anderson. Here is a couple from last year

Name:	WP_20150322_004.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	581.2 KB 
ID:	8641Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150322_001.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	413.3 KB 
ID:	8642

Default Facts on Chinook & King Salmon

The Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) is the largest species in the Pacific salmon genus Oncorhynchus. The common name refers to the Chinookan peoples. Other vernacular names for the species include king salmon, Quinnat salmon, spring salmon, and Tyee salmon. The scientific species name is based on the Russian common name chavycha (чавыча). Chinook and other Pacific salmon evolved from lake dwelling Salmo-like fish

I believe the Chinook / Kings were planted to reduce the Kokanee population in Anderson Ranch Reservoir. Weather they reproduce or not, likely the F&G will plant more as needed.

Happy Fishing everyone!

Nice copy & paste! Half the Chinook planted were sterile the other half have yet to reproduce or won't at all, this happens when salmon are kept in captivity (lakes). I encourage everyone to throw the Chinook back, you can no not rely on f & g to restock this species. It would be great if we had one lake in southern Idaho with the same Chinook fishery as CDA up north.

UOTE=gonefishing;59036]The Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) is the largest species in the Pacific salmon genus Oncorhynchus. The common name refers to the Chinookan peoples. Other vernacular names for the species include king salmon, Quinnat salmon, spring salmon, and Tyee salmon. The scientific species name is based on the Russian common name chavycha (чавыча). Chinook and other Pacific salmon evolved from lake dwelling Salmo-like fish

I believe the Chinook / Kings were planted to reduce the Kokanee population in Anderson Ranch Reservoir. Weather they reproduce or not, likely the F&G will plant more as needed.

Happy Fishing everyone![/QUOTE]

So Chinook salmon & king salmon are the exact same fish just two different terms. Ocean run Chinook and landlock Chinook are king salmon.

Also those are babies your harvesting there. Need to throw them back so they can get to 15 plus lbs like the ones I've been catching. Keep all the dang kokes you want. The Chinook fishery is so new in that lake its questionable whether or not they will reproduce. Last year 0 Chinook made it back to the weir.
    hard to release a dead fish, bro. not all get lip hooked. these were the 2 gill hookers out of 6 chinook we caught that day. They will not reproduce. They have done this before years ago. Those fish were stocked in 2014 for one purpose, to reduce the koke population. That is why there is no pre determined limit on them. You just count them as a trout limit. I have been fishing that water my whole life, and the chinook stocking works. This was not the first time they did it, and it wont be the last.

Interesting I've never heard of Chinook being gill hooked except on the river an I've caught thousands, usually about 200 a year between lakes rivers & ocean. So you've gill hooked 2??? They bite from the tail first an mouth it which is why they never get gill hooked while trolling, at least to the point they can't be released. Chinook are extremely strong fish, even if there bleeding when put back in cold water they will live. Chinook stocked in deadwood are re-producing (when f&g let's them) and CDA has landlocks reproducing, same breed stock at Anderson. Kokanee on the other hand will be stocked as needed there is NO shortage in Idaho & plenty of lakes full of them. Chinook need to be released at least for 2-3 more years. Its just advice from another angler. Fish & game does there part as sportsman we have the resposabilty and owe it to certain fisheries to do what's right. In Idaho we have wiped out the sockeye fishery & the Chinook fishery is not healthy by any means. I'm speaking ocean run of course on the sockeye but its an example of poor fisheries management.
    QUOTE=terek;59038]hard to release a dead fish, bro. not all get lip hooked. these were the 2 gill hookers out of 6 chinook we caught that day. They will not reproduce. They have done this before years ago. Those fish were stocked in 2014 for one purpose, to reduce the koke population. That is why there is no pre determined limit on them. You just count them as a trout limit. I have been fishing that water my whole life, and the chinook stocking works. This was not the first time they did it, and it wont be the last.[/QUOTE]

Interesting I've never heard of Chinook being gill hooked except on the river an I've caught thousands, usually about 200 a year between lakes rivers & ocean. So you've gill hooked 2??? They bite from the tail first an mouth it which is why they never get gill hooked while trolling, at least to the point they can't be released. Chinook are extremely strong fish, even if there bleeding when put back in cold water they will live. Chinook stocked in deadwood are re-producing (when f&g let's them) and CDA has landlocks reproducing, same breed stock at Anderson. Kokanee on the other hand will be stocked as needed there is NO shortage in Idaho & plenty of lakes full of them. Chinook need to be released at least for 2-3 more years. Its just advice from another angler. Fish & game does there part as sportsman we have the resposabilty and owe it to certain fisheries to do what's right. In Idaho we have wiped out the sockeye fishery & the Chinook fishery is not healthy by any means. I'm speaking ocean run of course on the sockeye but its an example of poor fisheries management.
    QUOTE=terek;59038]hard to release a dead fish, bro. not all get lip hooked. these were the 2 gill hookers out of 6 chinook we caught that day. They will not reproduce. They have done this before years ago. Those fish were stocked in 2014 for one purpose, to reduce the koke population. That is why there is no pre determined limit on them. You just count them as a trout limit. I have been fishing that water my whole life, and the chinook stocking works. This was not the first time they did it, and it wont be the last.
    [/QUOTE]

whatever. When I see a fish heavily bleeding, I'm not going to release it to watch it die. I fish for one reason. To fill my freezer. I'm a subsistence fisher, hunter and farmer. Everything I do is to fill my freezer for the winter, so I don't have to buy meat. And I rarely do. I will release a fish that I know will get bigger, but not if it is heavily bleeding. They stocked chinook in Anderson around 8 years ago, and they did not reproduce. Hence the lack of large ones, and a re stock 2 years ago. Catch em while you can, because they probably wont be there in a few more years.

Thats because the guys that like to keep 25 kokanee in a day are the same guys keeping 18in Chinook, they don't have a chance. I can pm you pictures that I won't post on here of many 15-25lb Chinook in Anderson an they all got released.

Coming from a guy that needs fish to stock his freezer to feed his family you should be more concerned about the fisheries reproduction rate than me..

QUOTE=terek;59040][/QUOTE]

whatever. When I see a fish heavily bleeding, I'm not going to release it to watch it die. I fish for one reason. To fill my freezer. I'm a subsistence fisher, hunter and farmer. Everything I do is to fill my freezer for the winter, so I don't have to buy meat. And I rarely do. I will release a fish that I know will get bigger, but not if it is heavily bleeding. They stocked chinook in Anderson around 8 years ago, and they did not reproduce. Hence the lack of large ones, and a re stock 2 years ago. Catch em while you can, because they probably wont be there in a few more years.[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing by all the bickering that the kokanee fishing is still slow?

Quote Originally Posted by fixed blade View Post
    So I'm guessing by all the bickering that the kokanee fishing is still slow?
    no, the fishing is great. I'm just getting harassed because I didn't release some fish that were gushing blood out there gills. :/

Default Fishing should improve

Fished from Saturday the 11th through Wednesday the 15th from sun up to sun down each day. The fishing was really slow as we only boated a few fish in the upper end of the lake and we only saw a couple of nets come out over the course of 5 days. We marked a lot of fish between the power lines and the snowman but couldn't get them to bite. Fishing should improve as the weather warms up.

Last year I caught a Chinook 4.4 lbs, that was the first Chinook that I caught in Idaho. The BBQ Chinook tasting was so good. My wife and I released all big Squaw fish that we caught in last Summer.

The Chinook were 4-5 pounds and averaging 26" last year. I'm hoping that they fattened up over the winter. There were quite a few Kamloops in the 10-15 pound range. This 20 pounder was the largest that I've heard about and has kept me excited about returning this year.

Sorry, that last post was intended for the Deadwood thread. Check out the picture there.

Awsome thanks

fished Anderson tues.-fri. - crummy weather till late thurs. - not many fish - did not hear any big scores - did come up with 6 nice toads 14-18 inches- heard of a 20in caught

was nice to meet you and your wife G3. you guys out fished me, but did see one guy that said was his second time had 8, some of them real hogs

Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast