Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    we went up fri afternoon and fished from 130 to 600. boated 9 trout, lost 3, and let 3 go. No koks at all. Not even the lost ones felt like a kok. We were marking big schools at 50-60 feet, but nothing. I tried all depths, and every color I got. Must be too early in the year. But last year I started 3 weeks earlier. The weather was the same and the water temp was the same. 39-41. But we were doing pretty good last year......I did get this though. this is the third tag I have got from arrowrock in 3 years. my 8th fish tag ever.

Attachment 8397Attachment 8396
    Two years ago I caught 2 tagged rainbow at LP. The fish size about 12", I wrote down the tag number and released the fish. Afterward I went to Idaho Fishing & Game website and filled out the report. Later I received their letter with the info. of the fish such as when, where, what size that fish was plan and the size when I caught. Some of the tag may have a reward printed on it. For more info follow links below:

https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/fish/tagged.pdf

https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/feedba...FishAngler.cfm
    Last edited by fish4kok; 02-28-2016 at 07:58 PM.

A fellow kayak angler and I will be hitting Lucky Peak this Wednesday, March 2nd. Plan to troll from our kayaks :-) We will provide a report after our day :-) I have never fished for Kokanee, so this will be an adventure I am looking forward to. We just moved from AZ this past August, so it is all new to me. Tight lines All!!!
    Last edited by Elefantdude; 03-01-2016 at 11:35 PM.

Yea, cats.
    Its slow when the water is cold but it will be warming up some soon.

Any news yet as to accessibility to Anderson Ranch Reservoir?

Default Anderson access.

To early Fall Creek Resort And Marina posted pictures on their Facebook page from Tuesday lots of snow and ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantdude View Post
    A fellow kayak angler and I will be hitting Lucky Peak this Wednesday, March 2nd. Plan to troll from our kayaks :-) We will provide a report after our day :-) I have never fished for Kokanee, so this will be an adventure I am looking forward to. We just moved from AZ this past August, so it is all new to me. Tight lines All!!!
    I did not make it out on the 2nd or 3rd - I decided to help setup our Alpenglow Mountainsport booth for the Outdoorsman Show on Wednesday. I think I over did the work, so early Thursday morning, I had chest pain and had to go to ER. Turned out to be ok, but with family history of heart issues, better safe than sorry. So I did not go on Thursday either :-( Hopefully next week!

Just got back from Anderson. The lake is still capped from about 1 mile toward the damn from lime creek, all the way to the inlet. The good news is, if the snow bank at curlew really was 12' its only 5' high now. It was beautiful, warm, and sunny there, I can't wait for it to melt.

Wow, glad to hear it wasn't serious. Keep poppin' those aspirin!! Mike

Good fishing at Dworshak so far this season mostly 8-10 inch fish with a few 12 inch

thx for the report, hopeful for 12"+ fish this year!

Quote Originally Posted by fixed blade View Post
    Just got back from Anderson. The lake is still capped from about 1 mile toward the damn from lime creek, all the way to the inlet. The good news is, if the snow bank at curlew really was 12' its only 5' high now. It was beautiful, warm, and sunny there, I can't wait for it to melt.
    sound like its fishable tward the dam, is that first, sketchy launch in the water?
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

why were they wanting to change it, the limit

Starting next week I will have grandpa duties in Boise. Pretty sure I will pull the boat over from Bend to take the grandkids fishing a couple of times since Lucky Peak and Arrowrock are so close (much better than the 50+ miles I have been driving to Lake Billy Chinook this winter). Anyhow though I have been following posts for these two waters over the past couple of years much of the "where the fish are" info is dependent on knowing the lake and the names. If anyone would care to share info on where to put in (if there is no developed ramp with dock that is accessible I will probably pass on bringing the boat because I wouldn't feel comfortable putting the boat in singlehanded without a dock to secure the boat while parking my rig) and where kokes are likely to be found (with instructions that even an idiot can follow) I would be most thankful. Thanks for any help. Feel free to pm me!

Mike

You can take a right at the dam and go to the end of the road - that ramp is Turner Gulch and is usually the best when the water is low. Hopefully someone else can confirm that the dock is wet. We usually put in there rather than driving all the way up to the spring shores marina.

This is the place to see water levels and flows: http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/boipaytea.html

As far a fishing goes, I would give it a shot by the dam, or cruise up the lake to where it's narrow, before it opens up and you see spring shores marina. We've had the most luck in those two areas, and usually one is better on a given day or portion of day. Water temps are probably still pretty low, but you should at least be able to catch some trout to keep you occupied if the koke's aren't cooperating. Let us know how it goes!

Sweetroll

Thanks for the info. The shorter the drive the better!

Mike

There is also a website to check if a desired boat ramp has enough water to use:
    http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ramps/
    2016 black and silver Lund Tyee with 150 hp Mercury

Warning on that boat ramp link that gets posted all the time.... It is rarely updated or accurate... Last update 1/21/16 and was not correct at that time either.

What's the latest report for Arrowrock?

That would be terrific. Hoping to hit the water next Friday.

word is the water needs to warm up

went up on Friday. we ended up taking home 12 nice trout, but not one kok. I'm not sure what is going on with them. the water temp. was 40.5, and that's what it was last year at this time when we were hammering them. we tried everything, at every depth, everywhere. no kokanee yet

We've been hammering the trout up there, 14/16 days, couple kokes but it's early.

waiting for the ice to melt

Fall Creek Resort posted on FB Thursday that we can launch a boat at Elk Creek now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10348787_1284941438189848_1544884277528173378_o.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	8426

a pic off of facebook from someone at the mouth of fall creek looking north. taken on sat.

Driving up friday to take a peak hoping to get in at curlew over the weekend even if we need to shovel snow. Not sure if the road is accessible to elk creek it was closed.

Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast