Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Default Turner

A lot of people park on the sand beside the ramp. I don't think it's a good idea to park right on the ramp itself because it hinders others trying to access the dock. Ada county did some work around the dock today-they moved a lot of sand. When I left, the dock was usable on both sides. The water level continues to drop, so tomorrow may be different.

I did get a limit today. All on the surface. I also lost a lot more than usual. Early in the day they were hitting pretty softly.

Physion
    Last edited by Physion; 10-06-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    a good portion of the people I've been dealing with at LP this season!
    This season(?) it sure ain't limited to just this season.........there have been days over the years I should have sold tickets to some of the entertainment at the different ramps I have been to.

Default Arrowrock

Quote Originally Posted by bayhorse View Post
    Hey I drove up to eat my lunch yesterday and was surprised to see the reservoir full to the point that the main ramp is in the water.
    Why I wonder are they draining Lucky Peak to mud flats and filling Arrowrock.
    Any way did not see any boats out and it might be a good alternative to the dog and pony show at LP.
    Going to be a nice week end might be worth the effort. Good Luck!
    They do this every year Arrowrock seems to be the one they keep the fullest thru the winter would be interesting to know the logic behind it.

Default May try Arrowrock This saturday

Was thinking about hitting Arrowrock Saturday. I can barely contain myself with such buffoonery happening on the only launch at Lucky Peak during the week days... I can't imagine what it would be like on the weekend! If I end up going I'll post a report. Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee Troller View Post
    fish4kok, Do you think I can launch my 22ft CC at turner? because of the high rails, I need a dock to get into the boat. Thanks
    for all your posts.
    Sorry for late reply, I was out of town yesterday. To answer your question, if both sections of the dock float I think that will be OK, my boat is 17.5' and there was about another 6' in front of the bow. But keep in mind the water level change every day and I don't know how often they maintain the dock. Last year I saw a pontoon laid on the ground when people camp over night, there were 2 boats from Park services pull it back to the reservoir. If you're living in Boise please stop by Tuner Gulch to check it out.
    Last year I fished until Nov-21
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Smile Arrowrock Report

I actually fished Arrowrock on Sunday....... In a word.....SLOW. Managed to catch a few trout and some pike minnows, but that was about it. I used the typical Koke setups. Fished from about 09:30 to 12:30. Fished from 40 feet up to the surface. Water temp was about 58 degrees. The lake is getting smaller by the day! However the ramp was still in the water. Probably my last trip to Arrowrock this season. Beautiful morning on the lake!

Pauli

Default 10/8/16

Launched from Turner Gulch about 9:00 A.M. Was very Windy so we went straight up reservoir to try and get out of the wind. Dropped lines near gooseneck bay. Wind died down after an hour or so. Printed lots of fish throughout the day. Longlining about 8-10'. Caught 10 kokes threw back 3 small ones and threw back 3 decent trout. Managed to bring home 7 nice Kokes. My Dad also caught one 6" Chinook. UV dodger, pink flat fish lure tipped with pink mag and shoepeg corn with a squirt of kokanee scent oil (available @Kokanee Tackle) was the hot item of the day! Didn't have luck on anything else.
    Hope to get one more trip in before the snow hits. Good luck and tight lines!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161008_171724.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	8823  
    Last edited by Addicted2Kokes; 10-09-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Default Sunday's LP report

Fished from 11am to 4pm. We caught 16 misc fish. One baby chinook, 4 trout, and 9 pretty impressive kokes (and 2 itty bitty kokes). All about 14 to 14.5" and in super good shape. DR at 12-14ft and the long lines 100ft out with 1/2oz of lead. I used all spinners with some form of orange behind macks paper flashers like always. The difference today was that I painted with FINGER NAIL POLISH up some Colorado spinner blades about twice the size of the hammer blades that come on wedding rings. They all caught fish and it was pretty even between all of the setups. I think the key at LP might be some form of white. I was doing good on a red/white triple teezer the past few times so I thought maybe a spinner combo like that would be the ticket and it worked. The nail polish actually got soft and started to come off but we were already mostly done by then. It was a fun experiment and kind of cool to catch fish on a contraption. Blue and white might also be good as we tried that for about 15 minutes and it caught a trout. Hard to go away from orange/white as it has caught most of my fish this year and it still seems to be working. We only saw one other boat net a fish and there were quite a few people out. By 4 as we were leaving there were 20 wake boats and it was getting pretty wild. We escaped perfectly with little or no hassle at the ramp.

Also note. I picked up a collection of new Lamiglas Rods and I am very impressed. We only lost one fish all day and that ratio is many times better than we have been doing. I wonder if going to these really soft ended rods helps. Not a large enough sample size to go crazy and start recommending these to everyone but I'm real happy with my results. I use 2 XCC801GH (8FT combo graphite fiberglass blend light action), and two 9.6 graphite Custom PRO medium action. All with Okuma cold water 203. The 9.6 rods have a very similar feel to the 8ft combo and cost half as much. All of them feel great with fish on!

Weather was absolutely perfect today!

Default opps

opps wrong thread..oh well

Fished from 11am to 4pm. We caught 16 misc fish. One baby chinook, 4 trout, and 9 pretty impressive kokes (and 2 itty bitty kokes). All about 14 to 14.5" and in super good shape. DR at 12-14ft and the long lines 100ft out with 1/2oz of lead. I used all spinners with some form of orange behind macks paper flashers like always. The difference today was that I painted with FINGER NAIL POLISH up some Colorado spinner blades about twice the size of the hammer blades that come on wedding rings. They all caught fish and it was pretty even between all of the setups. I think the key at LP might be some form of white. I was doing good on a red/white triple teezer the past few times so I thought maybe a spinner combo like that would be the ticket and it worked. The nail polish actually got soft and started to come off but we were already mostly done by then. It was a fun experiment and kind of cool to catch fish on a contraption. Blue and white might also be good as we tried that for about 15 minutes and it caught a trout. Hard to go away from orange/white as it has caught most of my fish this year and it still seems to be working. We only saw one other boat net a fish and there were quite a few people out. By 4 as we were leaving there were 20 wake boats and it was getting pretty wild. We escaped perfectly with little or no hassle at the ramp.

Also note. I picked up a collection of new Lamiglas Rods and I am very impressed. We only lost one fish all day and that ratio is many times better than we have been doing. I wonder if going to these really soft ended rods helps. Not a large enough sample size to go crazy and start recommending these to everyone but I'm real happy with my results. I use 2 XCC801GH (8FT combo graphite fiberglass blend light action), and two 9.6 graphite Custom PRO medium action. All with Okuma cold water 203. The 9.6 rods have a very similar feel to the 8ft combo and cost half as much. All of them feel great with fish on!

Weather was absolutely perfect today!

(I accidentally posted this on the arrow rock thread..oh well. Lucky that I'm a better fisherman than interneter)

Default Haven't seen much action here lately.

I'm thing of hitting the reservoir on Friday. Any reports out there??

Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    I'm thing of hitting the reservoir on Friday. Any reports out there??

Pauli
    We fished today at LP from 11:00Am ~ 3:00PM. We started from the dam to Charcoal creek. It was windy and wind calmed down when we left. We bagged our limit. Released 2 little chinook and 3 tiny kok. Fish in the shallow. DR 10' ~ 14'. 4" Dodger + pink or orange squid + shoe-peg corn with anise or herring scene. Long line 100' out 3 blades flasher + wr. no weight.
    Good luck fishing.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 10-20-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Default finally a limit

I got my limit today in about 3 hours. Three bladed troll, spinner, 100 feet of line, no weight. The wind was miserable until about 11:30. I was done just a bit after noon. I fished between the dam and Pipeline Gulch. Fall fishing has been much more productive for me than the spring or summer.

Physion

Default Thanks for the reports

I actually drove from my home in Caldwell to Lucky Peak on Friday morning. Driving across the dam I could see that the wind was howling....I even back down the ramp, all the way to the water. My wife and I were deciding if we wanted to launch and then my two Springer Spaniels bolted out of the truck right into the water. Hmmmm.....it probably was going to be miserable enough in the wind....but with two wet water dogs running around in a 16 foot boat would have be a major drag. So we corralled up the pups and headed to the IHOP for brunch.

I too have been having success this fall chasing after the Kokes....more than usual. I just hope that we are not impacting next year's Koke harvest by catching "next year's fish" this season.

Pauli

Default It was rain & windy

It was rain and windy. We were there about 11:00AM ~ 5:15PM. Got our limit at 5:00PM. Same lure set up as my last posted. There were only 2 boats on the reservoir.
    Fish were spotty. We released 3 trout one of them 17" and 5 little chinook.

Default Arrowrock Plant

I see where they planted 11,500 fish this week...

https://idfg.idaho.gov/fish/southwest/stocking

Have they stocked any Kokanee?

Default 11,400 of the wrong things

All good except that they put in 11,400 disappointments. RB Trout rate only slightly higher than "squaw"kers in my book once you've been around a bunch of 18 and 19 inch kokanee. Add three more zero and make em baby kokes and them I'm interested. Of course you still have to navigate the worlds worst road for 4 miles and hope your stuff hasn't shook apart. I love to go to Arrowrock....when we take my buddy's rig! (wish they would pave that road...maybe that would relieve some of the pressure from LP)

Smile

Drove up to the overlook to eat lunch today. There were 12 trailers at turner and 2 at spring shores.
    just remember to leave a few for seed!

Default Beautiful Autumn

Weather was good on Friday, cloudy but no wind. There were about 14 boats on the lake, they fished further upstream and there wasn't any boat fish in the dam area. (~11:00am). Reservoir level about 114' down. The scene at Charcoal Creek was so beautiful. I'm really miss the Summer, it went so fast with all the long sunny day, the reservoir was full with the cool water...
    I might make couple more fishing trip before winterize my boat.

Default Nov 6th

Fished from Goose neck to charcoal. spring shores. Beautiful day on the lake. Boated nothing. all boats were moving around. saw no nets dipping........... fished 8-17 feet 1 rod was longed lined from 50 to 100 feet with 3/4 oz weight. tried pink, orange, green. with corn and with maggots.

Another fine day fishing at LP today. Bright sunshine with temps approaching 70 degrees. Glorious! Brought my wife on this trip. Caught 2 limits mostly in the 14" range, with my wife landing a nice Koke just over 18". We fished from 11:30 to 3:30. Fished Goose Neck Bay (mostly east side) and the area just south of it a bit (but well above Charcoal). Used Ford Fenders with orange, green, and purple spinners. Started long lining with 3/4 to 1 oz. weights. Had quite a few bites and caught a few on each color, then switched to 3 oz weights when the bite slowed a bit. Got more action, especially on green. That seemed to be the hot color in the afternoon. Released 2 small Chinooks and 1 small trout. Had many other hookups, probably 30 hits in the 4 hours we were out there. Action was pretty consistent throughout the day, and as typically happens, lost several right after the hookups and several near the boat. Saw about 8 rigs at the Turner ramp, but boats were well scattered. Felt like we had the reservoir to ourselves for most of the day. Again, a great day!

------------------------------------------

KokaneeKevin
    16' Tracker (beige w/ green stripes), 75hp, 4-str Merc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18-inch koke.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	8841  

Default November kokanee dworshak

Went to dworshak today mainly for just a boat ride started marking fish in elk creek bay so we started fishing. Fished about three hours and caught 16 with most being in the 10" range a few 12". If this is a sign of what is to come for next summer I think we will be in for a great year.
    '

Yeah baby! I love fishing this time of year. Your results sound like we should have a blast this spring. Thnks!

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Default Anderson Bank Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by AverysAdventure View Post
    Well bummer Mike. Thanks for passing the information on.

Rod
    I have been bank fishing Anderson with marshmallows and night crawlers and catching several 4 pound rainbows---I have fished the point that runs out

by curlew. I drive way out to the end of the point and fish there. Real nice red meat on the fish and they are very strong fighters

Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast