Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    This weather suks!!!! It is not helping us at all...
    piece of advice, when its windy at lucky peak, it is usually nice at arrowrock. Worth the extra 20 min. so you can have a fighting chance. Many a time I have hit lucky peak and almost turned around it was so windy. Then, make a jont up to arrowrock, and the water is glass. Something about how the canyon flows up there, the wind is usually low to none.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    piece of advice, when its windy at lucky peak, it is usually nice at arrowrock. Worth the extra 20 min. so you can have a fighting chance. Many a time I have hit lucky peak and almost turned around it was so windy. Then, make a jont up to arrowrock, and the water is glass. Something about how the canyon flows up there, the wind is usually low to none.
    No thanks have no desire to drive the middle fork road. So you must be the guy leaving trailer pieces and parts

Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon8r View Post
    No thanks have no desire to drive the middle fork road. So you must be the guy leaving trailer pieces and parts
    actually, since they graded the road a month ago, its basically paved. Nice and smooth. Not sure what kind of trailer you got, but mines pretty solid. Never lost a piece when the road sucked. Worth it to me to catch a limit or two and fish on glass

fished yesterday from 11 to 230 landed LOTS and LOTS of TROUT! 2 kokanee. fished over by Nursery side of the lake. water temp 48.

I fished yesterday going from Spring Shores towards Mack's Creek. 8 trout and 5 kokanee. I kept 2 larger (13-14 inches) trout that swallowed the hooks and 4 kokanee (the other kokanee was small). They were all caught in the top 10 or 15 feet of water. The reservoir received a small planting of rainbow on Mar. 17, so I don't know why we're getting all the rainbow now. Another boat that got out the same time I did had even more rainbow and fewer kokanee. They were fishing near Mack's Creek. Interesting.

fyi, Spring Shores launch area will be used to support the Robie Creek run on Saturday. The upper parking lot was already closed on Thursday. Try launching at the dam if you decide to fish on Saturday.

I will stay away until Tuesday :) I think they stocked Trout wednesday? Fun and Game shows they will stock next week. 4-5 of the trout we caught were nice and FAT!

Fished Anderson yesterday. The bite was on from 7:00 to 9:00 (close to lime creek) then pretty much stopped. Fished all day and caught two Chinook and six kokes. Caught the Chinook on Chartreuse and blue and silver Kokabow spinners. Caught to Kokes and a veriety of Kokabow spinners.

remember an easy way to tell the Chinook's is to look in their mouths if it is all black then its a chinook.

Default chinook id

Quote Originally Posted by thebug View Post
    remember an easy way to tell the Chinook's is to look in their mouths if it is all black then its a chinook.

And if that doesn't work, stick your finger down the mouth; if it tickles, it is a koke; if it comes out bleeding like crazy, it's a Chinook!!

Hi all, new to the four and to Kokanee fishing in general.

Went to LP for the fist time with my new (to me) boat last Monday and mostly tinkered with the boat more than anything. Went again Friday and fished for 1 1/2 hours and picked up three nice Kokanee, two around 12" and one 14" or so. Left the down rigger home and was fishing with pop gear and wedding ring which caught two and the other was on pop gear behind a Deep 6, 50' back with a stop light Tasmanian Devil. Fire corn on both...

My favorite is a slingblade wth pink squid slathered in Mike's koke lotion and purple Firecorn. If you smell bacon , WAVE
    team Zigzag

Just joined the forum. Four of us brothers are planning a fishing trip this year and have been undecided as to where to go Either Anderson Ranch or Deadwood. (leaning on the first choice.) We will go the week after Memorial Day weekend. Just curious how the Koke fishing is at Anderson Ranch this time of year? Is it best to take the road up towards Featherville or the first road out of Mt Home just before Little Camas? Looking forward to a few days of camping, fishing and just laying back sipping a few beers.
    Thanks
    Terry

either way will get you where you need to go to catch fish. I prefer the second road. Its a little farther to drive, but its a paved road the whole way, so ends up being faster. The first road right before lil camas is dirt once you cross the dam. It can get real rough and dusty. But, some of the camp grounds on that side are a lot nicer (more trees) then on the east side. We have done very well so far this year, and the water has not even warmed up.

Hello, Thanks for the reply. We are practically neighbors I need to update my profile. Live over in Fruitland. Guess I need t o research and see what is the best gear to use. We did pretty good at Lucky Peak using wedding rings and corn. I used a Kokabow and had good luck. We don't have down riggers. Usually use 1.5 oz of weight and let out about 60 feet of line. Looking forward to getting out and fishing. May have to try the fall fishing too. Remember that the worst day of fishing is better the the best day of work.
    Terry

Boy, things are not looking good. Not sure what to do. We fished Friday and got skunked (again). Put in at Big Eddy, went up to Dicks (nothing), zipped up above Magnus for a few stops and then back to Canyon and Indian. Nothing, nothing, and nothing. Fishfinder was bleak. Looking for help!

Upshot is that it was a gorgeous day and we got to see some new scenery. Drove all the way up Evans Creek till we couldn't any more. Neat to see a large creek flowing into the reservoir like that.

Went up Saturday, got a late start, fished 10-3 with an hour lunch stop (for the pups mainly). We marked fish at the mouth of Lime, used 8 different set ups, got one hit, no fish to boat. Watched other boats switch over to bass, it appeared the koke bite was off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Went up Saturday, got a late start, fished 10-3 with an hour lunch stop (for the pups mainly). We marked fish at the mouth of Lime, used 8 different set ups, got one hit, no fish to boat. Watched other boats switch over to bass, it appeared the koke bite was off.
    Fished Sunday, and yes the bite is off. Ended up catching one 19" Chinook, released to fight another day & 1 kokanee that didn't make it to the boat. Marked very few fish, thought my electronics took a dump on me.

How's the debris on the reservoir? Heading up this weekend.

try moving down to fall creek. I have noticed when lime gets hit hard buy boats, the fish will move around more. I have done well in front and just upstream from fall creek when lime is slow.

Fished Arrowrock on Tuesday......Dead Dead Dead. Talked to another fisherman who also got skunked. The weather was nice though...
    Average water temperature was 49 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by cgtootall View Post
    How's the debris on the reservoir? Heading up this weekend.
    Not too bad, a few big slicks but manageable. Most was above Dent.

Salmonster......saw you were at LP today. Ok, I recognized the dogs. How'd you do? I got there about 11 and saw you were tied off at one of the docks across from spring shores.....lunch break or dog break. We got a few in the area you were in, then headed to the narrows and nailed em at about 2 o'clock when the wind died off to dead calm. Orange seemed to be the best. They were biting really light. We had to be right on our rod to get em. Not very many boats. Saw a few others with nets out.

Rick

Was up on Friday hooked 5 and 2 made it to the net was still 48 49 degrees. Marked various small schools but all over in depth 25 to 47 feet.

Well we didn't fair any better than anybody else. Spent two days up there. Fished cranberry, elk, Indian, and canyon creeks. Looks to me that they're all at the bottom according to the fish finder. Had a couple corn thieves in cranberry creek but that was the only action we got.

Still a great weekend. Kids first time staying in a tent. Hope they pick up soon.

Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast