Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

We stayed in the same general area but we were long lining with an ounce and a half so I couldn't turn very sharp. We had doubles on a couple of times but it was a fish here and a fish there kind of day.

As the lake starts to fill, it seems like the areas around the dam have slowed down. Has anyone ventured to Elk Creek or Dent recently?

John

come up to fish Salmon and Kokes this next week. Where and what are you guys catching the kokes? I have DR's. Any info would be nice

Caught one hooked four from 5 to 7 last night. Three colors or leaded line no hits on the dr @ 22'.

My buddy spoke with F&G and supposedly lots of kokanee died in arrowrock over the winter, have any of you heard anything about the current population being much lower this year vs. what it was at this time last year?
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

I got 5 on Monday and 2 on Tuesday. A fish here and a fish there. No strong pattern on place or depth.

Fished from 915 am to 1 pm Caught 7 trout. hooked 14 fish total. 1 lost close to boat was the only koke we saw. 25 boats or so on lake. fished 12 to 25 feet. 3 different colors. fished from above marina to nursery both sides. Wind finally laid down around 11ish. F&G were checking people and said fishing was really good ?
    Also said Arrowrock was good also?

Wow, got totally skunked today...couldn't find many fish. Parking lot was full when we got there and pretty empty when we took off at 2:30....don't think anyone else was doing all that good either. We tried Merry's and then Indian...lost 3 and that was it. Shifted ove to bass and pretty much the same story....kinda depressing!

Kok head. I fished LP today. Fun and Games told me fishing was really good at Arrowrock? I have heard same that you had heard they had a fish kill. I don't like taking my boat across the dirt road. I want to try it but LP is way closer and easier on the rigs

Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon8r View Post
    Kok head. I fished LP today. Fun and Games told me fishing was really good at Arrowrock? I have heard same that you had heard they had a fish kill. I don't like taking my boat across the dirt road. I want to try it but LP is way closer and easier on the rigs
    I generally fish LP over AR also, and yeah I've heard mixed info about both bodies of water being better and worse than last yr, and your "fun and games" reference is funny, haven't heard that one before, sometimes I talk with the "forest circus" about the condition of the roads to deadwood reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by jumperzee View Post
    Wow, got totally skunked today...couldn't find many fish. Parking lot was full when we got there and pretty empty when we took off at 2:30....don't think anyone else was doing all that good either. We tried Merry's and then Indian...lost 3 and that was it. Shifted ove to bass and pretty much the same story....kinda depressing!
    Whoa, Jumper, not the report I wanted! We landed a few at Merry's (Wednesday) and saw some landed in Canyon (WAY in). Nothing at Indian. I wish we could get a Dent/Elk report. Maybe that's my job.

Fished a couple of hours last night. Long line with a fender and Blue Herron kokabow, 2 oz weight and out ~80ft. Fished just where the narrows opens up headed from the marina back towards LP dam. Marked quite a few fish at 18-22'. They wearn't interested in what I was offering... Caught 2 trout, no kokes.
    2012 G3 Tritoon,Yamaha 200SHO

Quote Originally Posted by jumperzee View Post
    Don't feel too bad. Wife, kid and I went on mothers day last weekend. Went up about half way to canyon creek and tried for a while, figuring the fish couldn't instantly transport from the dam area to dent. Caught about one per hour at 60 ft on DR. My releases were a little tight and I found fish only by pulling up to check the poles. Long lines didn't do anything. 4 fish on the day.

When I put in the water I almost had a wreck. Have a piece of keel guard with 6 inches peeling loose from the hull right as the bow starts to straighten out into bottom. That little piece slid right under the last roller at the back of the trailer and like to drag my boat out of the water as I pulled the trailer out. This was after I watched the boat float off the trailer. Close call. Been too easy to bounce the boat off the ramp. I musta looked like the rookie as my kid is hollerin and me not able to react fast enough. (he gave me a piece of his mind as well. he was right, dang kid)
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

I'm new to the forum but think it's a wonderful tool for people not really sure of where the action is or where to go on the Dworshak.
    Fished early morning at Canyon. 1 fish. Moved up by Dick creek, put on 4 oz. weights went 55 feet. On DR went down 40 and 50. Caught 24 from 11:00 to 1:00 then had to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by luvda outdoors View Post
    I'm new to the forum but think it's a wonderful tool for people not really sure of where the action is or where to go on the Dworshak.
    Fished early morning at Canyon. 1 fish. Moved up by Dick creek, put on 4 oz. weights went 55 feet. On DR went down 40 and 50. Caught 24 from 11:00 to 1:00 then had to go home.

That's a pretty good day! Nice.

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

I was at LP today. Tried fishing the marina at Spring Shores it sucked, spent an hour with nothing. Moved to one of my secret spots and limited in 2 hours...

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w...2/DSCF0983.jpg
    Last edited by JTM; 05-16-2014 at 09:33 PM.

I was there on Thursday. I parked my trailer in my secret parking space.

I caught a couple of trout with F&G tags, one had 2 tags. I thought they were parasite worms at first glance. I released em since I don't like trout. Please don't tell me they're worth $500 each at the F&G office.

Thank you very much, luvda, I'll be heading that way tomorrow.

John

Found the answer to my tagged fish question.

https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/fish/tagged.pdf
    Last edited by MackayGuy; 05-16-2014 at 10:59 PM.

I think the two tag fish is worth $1000 and the other is worth $500. . They did the same thing last year before Memorial Day weekend. I also caught a couple and released them, but a buddy kept two and one was worth $50.
    Last edited by sawtooth; 05-17-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

[QUOTE=MackayGuy;51323]I was there on Thursday. I parked my trailer in my secret parking space.

hahaha! thats funny MackayGuy, the "secret spot" stuff cracks me up too

Sooo many bites in front marina this am.landed 15" koke,9trout. Corn, double slingblades, put a pink squid on a pink kokabow,shrimp jelly

Glad the humor was not lost here, The Marina comment was true and so was the limiting out after I moved.

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    I was there on Thursday. I parked my trailer in my secret parking space.

I caught a couple of trout with F&G tags, one had 2 tags. I thought they were parasite worms at first glance. I released em since I don't like trout. Please don't tell me they're worth $500 each at the F&G office.

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    Glad the humor was not lost here, The Marina comment was true and so was the limiting out after I moved.
    My secret parking space is true as well.

My daughter and I were on LP this afternoon. Our spot was HOT!!!!!!!!! 4 trout and 12 kokes in less then 3 hrs. fish are starting to school. came through a school of fish maybe 1/8 of a mile long. 12 to 25 feet. had to go through 2 times and then it turned on. They were really close to the bank? Ran double blades on our DR balls and had blades 7-10 feet behind the balls. Wedding rings with my homemade red corn and scent. Trolled pretty fast and tried staying in 60 foot or less of water.

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast