Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Thanks for the welcomes. I know lots of guys that are on this board. Fun guys, great fishermen.

Thanks for the report Rick. Is the #1 launch at Bruces Eddy open now? Not a bad idea to check out other locations, pays off sometimes, what kind of gear were you using, downriggers, long line? Have been chasing wild turkeys, still have one tag to fill, bagged one nice Tom, 21#, with 8" beard, and 3/4" spurs, but can hardly wait to get back to the Kokanee fishing, looks like it's going to be a good year.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenbarb View Post
    Thanks for the report Rick. Is the #1 launch at Bruces Eddy open now? Not a bad idea to check out other locations, pays off sometimes, what kind of gear were you using, downriggers, long line? Have been chasing wild turkeys, still have one tag to fill, bagged one nice Tom, 21#, with 8" beard, and 3/4" spurs, but can hardly wait to get back to the Kokanee fishing, looks like it's going to be a good year.

Ken
    Bruce’s was right at the don’t use mark. I drove up to it, but couldn’t tell if the ramp ended before you got deep enough… it is close. Add a couple feet of water and it’ll be good to go.

I had 4 poles out - a 50-60 foot DR, a 30 foot DR, a 2 ounce long line and a weight free long line. When I hit by the dam and into Merry's I had everything hitting, all of em. So I left a DR at 30 and put everything else on weight free long lines as more efficient.

I talked a little to another boat with 4 people on it. He ended mid afternoon with 50 on board out of Merry’s Bay. I didn’t ask him his rigging.

What a beautiful day it was! Hope to see you out there soon. Good luck on the last turkey. My place in Grangeville is running over with them.

Rick
    Last edited by ricks; 04-22-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

I know some folks were doing well earlier ie March. Any thoughts to why there are not more positive reports. Or are folks just being more careful with what they are posting. From afar it seems this lake is tougher fishign this year?

Trolled 6 hrs. last Saturday and never got a bit. Very few fish in the screen. Very slow right now.

Default Bruce’s #1

1490 foot water level today puts Bruce’s #1 officially in the ‘open’ category. Added 4 feet of water this week.

Rick

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!! Hope to fish wednesday?

Fished from about 11 am to 2:30 pm. Pretty much got skunked on Koke. Caught a few rainbow, one hook up with a nice size Koke. That's all folks! Beautiful day to be on the water though! Fished across from Spring Shores marina. Dodgers, Flashers, wedding rings, etc. ...... from 10 to 25 feet with down riggers and one "long line" pole.
    Last edited by conservationist; 04-30-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Thanks for the report Ricks. Looking forward to getting up there this weekend when I get home from MT. Bruce's is a much better option.

We've been doing good at 30' on the DR's. Seems to be the most consistent depth. Fish all over though.

Nice job on the yard-bird Ken!!! Sounds like a good-un!!

Fished Friday (5/2) - from 9-1:00 started at Merry’s Bay but the fishing wasn’t very consistent but fish were being caught. Spent 2 hours checking a few other locations but didn’t have any luck. I returned to Merry’s Bay and it picked up around 12:15 but I had to leave at around 1:00. It was a perfect day to be on the water but wished I had fished the afternoon.

I was there today fishing was good, boating not so much. I had countless things happen, Koke wrapped around motor got off, Koke wrapped around down rigger cable got off, just plain got off right at boat. I managed to boat 3 and 2 rainbows they both went back all in all 8 Kokes and 2 rainbows. Fished from 1:00 to 6:00

Wife and i fished yesterday from 3:30 to 7:30. Boated 9 kokes, lost 4 more at the net. 10 and 20 ft divers, fairly long lines. Silver dodgers with variations of pink hoochies. 10 ft divers early then 20 footers caught fire about 6:30 and we should have limited. Variable speeds seemed to really help.

They are starting to pick up. Went up Thursday and Friday this week. Came close to limiting out both times. Ford Fender with silver and red wedding ring at 20 feet and above. Forgot to bring corn so I tipped the wedding ring with Berkley power bait maggots. Seemed to work pretty good. 12 to 16 inch fish.

Hello everyone had a good day on the lake we caught 49 in about 4 hrs on May first. We were long lining they averaged about 10 inches did however get one that was 14" they sure were good eating. Also be prepared the water is is low around 100 to 150 below the full mark water temp was around 60 degrees hope this helps sorry for late post but have been busy. p.s fish cleaning station is open ya!!!!!!

I noticed an earlier comment re camping opportunities near the dam. There is a little used campsite group on the turnoff to the visitors center heading up toward the Big Eddy ramp called the Dam View campground. It is primitive but if you are fully self contained it is close to the ramp and the Merry's Bay area, Perfect for early season.

Fished Sunday with my son and boated only one small 10 inch Koke. Fished 1-4PM. Water temp is 56 at the surface so they may be diving a bit but they were marking at 20-30 mostly on the finder. Not very interested in biting early afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Idahomauledriver View Post
    I noticed an earlier comment re camping opportunities near the dam. There is a little used campsite group on the turnoff to the visitors center heading up toward the Big Eddy ramp called the Dam View campground. It is primitive but if you are fully self contained it is close to the ramp and the Merry's Bay area, Perfect for early season.

Are the camping spaces large enough for a 28' 5th wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunddude View Post
    Are the camping spaces large enough for a 28' 5th wheel?
    It is basically just a old parking lot that has been upgraded with a few picnic tables and a fresh water source so as long as there is room any size would work.

Info about it can be obtained at the following:

Map http://www.nww.usace.army.mil/Portal...reationMap.pdf

Basic campground info http://www.nww.usace.army.mil/Missio...Reservoir.aspx

A real human to talk to at the visitors center tel:208-476-1255

Good Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Wickid Kokanee View Post
    Hello everyone had a good day on the lake we caught 49 in about 4 hrs on May first. We were long lining they averaged about 10 inches did however get one that was 14" they sure were good eating. Also be prepared the water is is low around 100 to 150 below the full mark water temp was around 60 degrees hope this helps sorry for late post but have been busy. p.s fish cleaning station is open ya!!!!!!
    Were you fishing Merrys Bay?

Anyone know if the Freeman Creek ramp is useable?

Thanks,
    John

Slow for us last Sat. Merrys wasn't producing anything so we went up and got 7 between Indian and Canyon, then the storm came in and we called it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by amxerhull View Post
    Anyone know if the Freeman Creek ramp is useable?

Thanks,
    John
    Water level is at ~1505 today 5/8/14

Freeman ramp needs 1515 or higher.

Looks like 10 feet to go before Freeman will be open.

Rick

We were on 5.5 Mon around the same time, trolled the marina/confluence area for about an hour, only marked a hand full all between 15-30. Didn't get a nibble, we were short on time so we didn't toss that many colors at them, only orange and red.

Trolled spring shores Thursday long line wth double sling blades using kokabows,hoochies= many trout 0 kokes

Scratched out a couple limits today, weather was touch and go but we got it done.

Great job HCM23. Were the fish schooled up or did you have to cover a lot of water to get your limits?
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast