Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDude View Post
    What were you catching the Chinook on?
    The advice given to me on the 19th was a great place to start. If you want further details, shoot me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingmom View Post
    kenbarb,,,,,your attachment says invalid when you try to open it.....
    fishingmom, On my post it reads - "attachment 8560", when I click on it the picture comes up just fine. Sure wish the picture situation could be corrected, it would make this website more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    OK

That's it. I'm going friday as well. All ya'all, swing over and we'll tell a few fish stories.

Attachment 8564
    Maybe see ya there Ricks. This is what we look like now...
    Well, nevermind. I cant seem to get a pic of the new boat to upload but If i see you I'll wave! lol

--Ron
    Last edited by 3RivrFishr; 05-24-2016 at 11:01 PM.
    Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwile. -Wilfred T. Grenfell

Anyone tried Arrowrock lately? Just wondering if things have picked up at all?

Does anyone know when the peak of the koke fishing will happen or has it already?

Fished LP today from 11:30AM til 3:30PM from the dam to Goosse Neck Bay. Took home 5 KoK 1 -12", 3-15", 1-16". Released 3 small kok and lost 3. Total 11 hits.
    2 long line poles with Ford Fender + Kokabow Kestrel + white corn, no weight 85 ~ 100' line out. 7 ~ 10' DR with copper dodger + pink squid.
    I'll go to CJ Strike tomorrow, haven't catch any bass and crappie for a long time. After the holliday we'll go to Anderson Ranch for Kok and Chinook.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 05-27-2016 at 12:22 AM.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Arrowrock still slow

Went out Tuesday night started fishing at 3:30, only boated 1 kok, 14" fish. Lost 3 others and released 2 slime rockets. Had the wind not blown us off the water at about 430 pm in the area we were getting fish, it would have been a great night. Passed a lot of boats at LP heading up, appears LP is still producing. Good luck ya'll.

Finally made it out yesterday, got to LP (Spring Shores) about 445, almost went back home the weather just didn't look promising, about 515 we put the boat in and fished till 8. Turned out to be a great evening. I thought the bite was great, didn't drop below 15 feet. We boated 7 kokes, 6 were small around 12 in. Didn't really want to keep them but afraid they would die, they will smoke up real nice. One beauty about 17 inches. We lost 3 decent ones at the boat and had several bites that just didn't hook up, I was thinking they must be small and the hook kept pulling out. Looking to head back again Friday or Saturday. I threw out a variety rigs with lightly scented anise shoe peg.

Best day of kokanee fishing in my life. We started at Indian Creek and went up around Canyon Crk. Did better at Indian Creek and the wind was blowing straight down the lake from Freeman Crk direction. So boogied back down to Indian Crk and trolled in past the destination dock. Wow. Fish in big clumps, we were busy. Just the wife and I and she is a rookie. So we lost a few here and there or got lines tangled or people tangled learning to work a net. Great fun and never a cross word. I kept telling her not to apologize, that's fishing for kokes.

Got tired of working so hard with 4 rods in the water, seemed we'd always hit 2 or 3 at a time. So pulled the downrigger, it was just at 15-18 feet anyway. And went straight long lines. The best spot was 100 yards behind the destination dock. We just worked the area in a triangle.

Best rigs: smallish blade brass pop gear and chartreuse or white bladed wedding ring. Fairly far back since I added rubber between the lure and the pop. Speeds had to be 1.7-1.8. Getting down to 1.4 would kill the bite. Over 1.8 would kill the bite. We ran tear drop 1/2 ounce weights on the bottom of the rudders and let out 60 ft of line.

We took some corn with three different scents - Pro Cure Kokanee, Pro Cure Krill and Mikes Blue Glo Salmon scent. The Mikes ended up the best today.

Every fish we caught BUT ONE was over 10 inches.

What a morning. What an amazing fishery this year. And we saw not one other boat fishing for kokanee all morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kokaneeToday.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	8599
    Last edited by ricks; 05-27-2016 at 07:18 PM.
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

We had a similar experience at Dicks Creek but I stayed with the down riggers. I just have too much fun with the ultra light tackle. Switched up some things when we would go more than 20 minutes without a bite to try and keep catching but at one point i had three fish flopping in the boat--one caught on a purple apex, one on a green kokabow spinner and one on a pink FWG sys 2 dodger and a pink spinner bug. Anyway, Nice fat fish. We had a good morning fishing for kokes then we switched up and caught some smallies and a few nice 'bows. Another awesome day on Dworshak.
    Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwile. -Wilfred T. Grenfell

Quote Originally Posted by gdub View Post
    Finally made it out yesterday, got to LP (Spring Shores) about 445, almost went back home the weather just didn't look promising, about 515 we put the boat in and fished till 8. Turned out to be a great evening. I thought the bite was great, didn't drop below 15 feet. We boated 7 kokes, 6 were small around 12 in. Didn't really want to keep them but afraid they would die, they will smoke up real nice. One beauty about 17 inches. We lost 3 decent ones at the boat and had several bites that just didn't hook up, I was thinking they must be small and the hook kept pulling out. Looking to head back again Friday or Saturday. I threw out a variety rigs with lightly scented anise shoe peg.

went yesterday to LP windy, but hung in there and caught 20 KOKs - kept 10 nice ones - threw back a dozen truck trout - we figure around 50 hits for the day - it was a Kokabow day

Camped/fished Anderson Ranch from the afternoon of W/5/25 through the morning of F/5/27. Ended up with a total of 12 kokes and one trout. Mornings were slow for us, we did better in the afternoons. Found the most fish off of Curlew, near the white buoy. Top producer was a pink hoochie behind a dodger at 20'. Most boats I spoke with not doing well. I thought the fishing was quite slow compared to last year at this time.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

I fished from 11-7pm. Not even one bite, and only saw one boat net a fish.

Went up for 2 hours yesterday, zipola note even a hit. I was shocked! Good luck out there fellas.

Default Smoke Koke

Limited out yesterday and today one being a 17" silver bullet hen full of roe! Spring shores/orange and pink micros were the ticket with a "secret" corn recipe! God bless America and thx to all who have served!!!

P.S. Be safe and watch out for all the @ssholes this weekend fellas!!!!
    Last edited by scaletamer; 05-29-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Default Saturday

Fished spring shores 9am to 1pm yesterday with my boys, boated 4 kokes, and a planter rainbow. Had 3 other good hits. Seemed like most hits were on pink kokabow, watermelon dodger and annis flavored corn on long line about 40ft back with a 2oz weight. Had to leave when the wind and ski boats got the waves goin.

Default Lucky Peak Spring Shores 5/29/2016

Fished spring shores today for the first time. I never knew what kokanee combat fishing was untill today. There must have ben 40+ boats across from the marina this morning. Saw boats net fish all day. Had a lot of bites... Landed 8 kept 4 Nice Kokes, and caught 3 nice trout that we turned back. Couldn't print pods of fish, all seemed to be scattered. Red dodger with orange hoochie tipped with shoe peg corn and live mags. Seems like the fish near the dam are bigger than the fish at spring shores.... Anyone else think so? Caught a lot of dinks that I turned back...6-8". I did catch one nice 17" koke. Big female full of eggs. Put up a great fight. Will maybe try next weekened near the dam again. Too much boat traffic up at spring shores for me.

At what depth were you guys fishing? I was trying combinations between 2 and 10, but caught nothing all morning.

Between 15-30 feet. I caught that 17" female (posted a pic on my page( at 40 feet. I feel like the bigger fish seem to be deeper. Seems like all the smaller fish where near the 15-20' range. No bites at all? What kind of set up? Long lining or Down rigger? I was long lining and honestly had at least 15 other bites and takedowns that I couldn't get into the boat. They definitely had soft mouths today.

Default anderson kokes

We are going to Anderson Res. on 6/10. We are staying at Pine. Hope to jig for kokes at that end of lake. It will be our first time fishing there and first time for kokes. Can you give me any tips? We are celebrating our 50th w/ the kids & grandkids. We have a 17' Tracker w/ a 115hp. Merc.

we went up yesterday from 7am to 4pm. Fishing started slow. We went out from curlew where the other 30+ boats were. After a few hours of no bites, and watching no other boats do anything, we went down to the creek mouth. Instantly got one, then a little slow until about noon. Then the bite started pretty regularly. Had a couple of doubles, and a triple. Once people started seeing us do circles, we went from being alone, to dodging what seemed like every boat in the state. Ended up going home after almost getting hit a number of times. We couldn't fish, and it seemed like most were just following us around. Took home 14 kokes, and lost 3 or 4 of them. No chinook, but one kok was 19" and another was 20". most others were in between 13-17 in. Most boats we talked too had one or none. Best luck was pink hoochies at 15 feet
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Yesteday was better for us than today. Yesterday fished 3 hrs mid day boated 4 trout 3 kokanee and lost 4 koks. 90% of what we caught yester day was on green 1.5 oz weight 75 ft back. To day was tougher fished 9:30 to 2:30 landed 1 kokanee, 5 trout, lost 3 kok. We moved alott today trying to find them.
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Man glad you got into them Terek. Are you talking about lime creek mouth? That's where I was most of the day saturday, and nothing.

beautiful day on dworshak yesterday, little windy though,,,had over a dozen fish on/fish off, was trying some new 'demon circle' hooks and they were terrible but was happy with the kahle hooks,,,fish were 10" with a couple smaller...ran downriggers 10-15' down and my own tied rabbit strip flies in a light pink had most bites,stayed around indian and canyon creek...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	8605   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	8604   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	115 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	8603   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	115 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	8602  

Default Anderson Memorial Day Weekend

Met trailbob at Anderson. It was nice meeting him and sharing information. I was there from 26th until 30th. I only fished 4hrs each day. Caught a few nice fish each day. Tried for chinook, but no success. Findng the fish each day was a chore. They were never in the same place or depth on any day. I had to work, change depth, try different spots and colors. Not great fishing, but not bad...

Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast