Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Got a late start Saturday 6/4 and fished for about an hour around noon before I was forced to start boating. Boated one Koke at 20 feet another lost at 30. Pink hoochis behind dodgers, tipped with corn and scent.

Default 6-7-2016

This spring has been tough for me, hardly landed a fish. Little better today, fished from about 9:00am to noon near spring shores and west a ways.
    2 kokanee. 15 incher on long line, 1.5 oz., Cousin Carl's Moon Glow, a gold kokanee killer, and corn with ProCure Korn Magic. Smaller one (turned loose) 15 feet, Arrow chartreuse dodger, green hoochie, and Fire Corn.
    Also a couple of trout, turned one of those back.

Default Early kokes

In the water from 5-10 am. Many bites on green micro squids tipped w/anise soaked firecorn .longlining 100' 3/8 oz sinker= small kokes, 1 1/4 oz sinker= 17 " kokes in front of marina.
    team Zigzag

Default fishing

We fished Sunday and Monday landed 3 Kokes total and 1 23 inch rainbow. Very slow. Showed a lot of fish but not biting. Tried several things and caught all on wedding rings and corn.

My wife and I fished Friday afternoon and Saturday. Both days it took a while to find the fish but when we did we had some luck. We ended up catching 13 on Friday and 15 on Saturday.

What depth are they biting at?

Default What's happening now

The recent heat wave has to move the fish deeper. Does it not? Lake is almost full pool. Can't wait to get out again. Maybe next week! Have to try out my new Lowrance.

I didn't mark fish schooled nearly as much as the week before. Still had more bite at Indian than at Canyon. My fishing buddy went Sunday and had an electrical problem so he stayed right near Big Eddys and limited out with 50 in a few hours. I didn't do as well, 28 in a couple hours. I did not find the fish were much deeper, still hitting at higher speeds, 1.5-1.7 and 1/2 ounce on 60 foot long lines. Ran downriggers at 20 foot. Colors and scents and terminal gear didn't seem to matter much.
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

We caught them anywhere from 40-70 ft back with a 1 oz. weight on the long-line and 15 to 30 ft deep on the downriggers. Friday evening I was fishing 15 ft and my wife was at 30 and we both caught fish.

Default Chinook

Targeting Chinooks on Sunday see if get some to the boat.

Sounds good still! Maybe 'nooks in the morning and kokes later. hmmm...
    Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwile. -Wilfred T. Grenfell

LP today fished 7-12 only 2 trout and very few hits - lots of boats - didn't see many nets out

Fished LP today Holy $#!* Batman the Armada was out. Any way caught my limit for the first time this year, need to practice my netting skills got over excited and lost at least 5 fish. 20 and 30 feet were working for me pink Hoochie and orange Kokabow were getting it done tipped with corn, went my own way far from the fleet.

It took a while, but I picked up my limit of Kokes at LP today. Lots of little ones, released five or six that were single hooked in the lip and released unharmed. Had to keep two small ones that were hooked in the eye and gills. The rest of my limit were carbon copy 14"ers. Lost my largest Koke of the day (17") when it came straight in like a small guy and then went crazy right next to the boat. Finishing his show by swimming right at the boat to get some slack and then jumping in the air and throwing the hook as he bounced off the side of the boat. All were caught on green or pink mini hoochies at 15-25 ft. down. Moved around quite a bit with only two caught out of the same area across from spring shores. Got tired of the boats so did my own thing. Fished from 8-1:30.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Fished LP today from 10:40AM til 4:30PM. It was slow for us, we caught 4 Kok in Charcoal creek area. 1-18" with DR at 35', other 3 from 12' -17'. Friends bagged their kok limit yesterday. They fished from 7' -15' with orange kokabow and pink hootchies.
    JTM! Did I talk to you at Charcoal creek? Hi! If that were you.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Fished LP today from 10:40AM til 4:30PM. It was slow for us, we caught 4 Kok in Charcoal creek area. 1-18" with DR at 35', other 3 from 12' -17'. Friends bagged their kok limit yesterday. They fished from 7' -15' with orange kokabow and pink hootchies.
    JTM! Did I talk to you at Charcoal creek? Hi! If that were you.
    I seen you at Charcoal creek but I was heading up close to the dam, I was in the dark gray aluminum bass boat it is an Alumaweld with red lettering.
    Next time I see you out there I will stop and say hi.

maybe going Curlew next tues - appreciate any new reports over the weekend -

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    I seen you at Charcoal creek but I was heading up close to the dam, I was in the dark gray aluminum bass boat it is an Alumaweld with red lettering.
    Next time I see you out there I will stop and say hi.
    OK JTM. Thanks! I'll do the same.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

going up Monday and staying the week and maybe more. hope to camp at curlew. last week caught fish on ford fended followed by wedding ring w/orange blade and corn depth didn't seem to matter

How far behind the Dodgers are you hooking the wedding rings?

used ford fenders not dodgers, wedding ring 18'' back /corn

Default Today

Covered a lot of water today but only pulled put 3. Lost a couple. All nice size. 20 to 30 ft on pink kokabows

skipped the chinook fishing. Got a late start and didnt get to the lake until about 08:30 but managed to get 30 out of Dicks Creek before we had to leave. Fish were up and down all day from 16' to 27' depending on wind and clouds. Purple and green dodgers and spinners were the best. As usual I stuck with the downriggers because I like to use the ultralight gear but there were a couple boats using pop gear and leadcore who also did well.
    Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwile. -Wilfred T. Grenfell

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    used ford fenders not dodgers, wedding ring 18'' back /corn
    be there mid day Tues . - save me a rv spot:) - be in the blue /gray G3

Soo many bites on pink micro jigs by hoochie king. Longline .
    team Zigzag

Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast