Page 70 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    be there mid day Tues . - save me a rv spot:) - be in the blue /gray G3
    i'll try, hope I can get one

Default kings

Got 3 today.

3RivrFishr, I musta drove right by you at Dicks.

Wife and I started right out off Bruce's single ramp and went across the dam. It was ok, but we weren't marking fish, just catching the odd one here and there. So headed up past Big Eddy - buddy of mine said he was knocking them dead there last week. All I got was small mouth and trout hammering my koke lines, especially a dodger with a white hoochie on a short downrigger.

That was boring, so headed up to Indian creek. Did ok. Probably around 25 by 1100. Fish were scattered around but regular as clockwork.

So, being me, got antsy and headed up to Dent. Tried right across from the ramp. Caught a couple, nothing hot. So hit the bridge. 4 or 5 other boats working the east side of the bridge. Soon found out why. There was a couple of knarly big fish balls on the finder just after passing under the middle of the bridge and then circling around on the Orofino side another big ball along that shoreline. Circled with the other boats until we were limited and headed back.

Was a perfect day. Been a while since I had the gumption to hang in and limit out. Wife was game though. She got tired, but felt good enough to steer and handle the net while I worked the lines. She's starting to get the hang of it and other than being a little seasick after a day on the water, she's loving it.

See all ya'all out there next time.

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Quote Originally Posted by NiteHawk View Post
    Got 3 today.
    Very Nice.👍
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Sunday Report

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Very Nice.��
    Fished from 8 am to 3 pm. Caught all our fish on Water Mellon dodger and green spinner on short leader 1-1/2 ounce 65' back long line.

Nice Ricks. I have yet to see big gnarly balls of fish this year.
    Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwile. -Wilfred T. Grenfell

Fish today from 10:30 until 1:30 and caught three rainbow trout 6 Kokanee and one perch I was catching them at 10 foot 15-foot 25 foot 40 foot and 50 foot

Default Rookie

Hey guys! I'm goin camping up at the state park for 5 days over the fourth. This is my second time ever, last time struck out. I was wondering if anyone would let me into the loop and share some info on where to look for some fish it would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Rookie. Not too hard right now to find fish From Freeman either go down lake to the Canyon Creek inlet or up lake to Dicks, Elk Creek or even all the way to the bridge. We pretty much could catch some fish right in the middle of the lake anywhere this year. Finding schools and working them is the trick. And that will change from week to week. Hence we share what we find here. Couple weeks out will mean some changes in behavior, depth and locations.

Quote Originally Posted by 3RivrFishr View Post
    Nice Ricks. I have yet to see big gnarly balls of fish this year.
    I am amazed at how fat the fish are in just a couple weeks. Make your offerings to the fish gods that we get lots of big bad knarliness (how it's spelled for Kokanee).

planning a 4 day trip down there starting Friday. anyone know what the water level is like? I prefer to camp on the beach, but it was too full for memorial. Just want to plan accordingly.
    It seems by the comments that the fish are finally getting to a standard depth. 20-30 from what I have seen, is this true? and is anyone getting any good sized chinook? I want to try targeting them, if the bite is on.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

I don't think the water level has come down much, the online teacup diagram shows 97% full and there wasn't much beach there last I time I visited about 10 days ago.

Last trip we did find the fish in the 20-30 foot range where the previous week (memorial day weekend) we were finding them only 7-12 down.
    2016 black and silver Lund Tyee with 150 hp Mercury

Stick with the koje gear that's the best way to hook one, their so scattered they take forever to find but they do hit the koke gear.

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    planning a 4 day trip down there starting Friday. anyone know what the water level is like? I prefer to camp on the beach, but it was too full for memorial. Just want to plan accordingly.
    It seems by the comments that the fish are finally getting to a standard depth. 20-30 from what I have seen, is this true? and is anyone getting any good sized chinook? I want to try targeting them, if the bite is on.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper View Post
    I don't think the water level has come down much, the online teacup diagram shows 97% full and there wasn't much beach there last I time I visited about 10 days ago.

Last trip we did find the fish in the 20-30 foot range where the previous week (memorial day weekend) we were finding them only 7-12 down.
    thanks grim. I was there on sun memorial weekend and all our fish were caught at 15 feet as well.

terek - my wife and I will also be arriving to Anderson Friday, camping at curlew. Come say hello if you have time, find our gold trailblazer with large black car topper, or boat is a green and white crestliner with downriggers and white Johnson outboards. Looks like a couple other forum members will be there as I saw their posted plans for curlew. I've have not met many forum members in person yet.
    Last edited by GrimReaper; 06-14-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    2016 black and silver Lund Tyee with 150 hp Mercury

Default Catch & Release

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C & release.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	8631
    Letting the kings live on, hopefully in another year will see some 30lbers

Default Ririe?

Was thinking of heading out and was wondering if anyone has been out lately?

Default Slow sunday

Sunday 7-noon. Very slow going. Did not see many nets in the water. No kokes and only one perch. First perch in two years. Are they getting thicker?
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Was there Friday and Saturday. Fishing was steady but the fish are all on the smaller size about 10" to 12". Caught most on anything pink in 27 FOW.
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Default Popped my Kokanee Cherry today

Im new to fishing Kokanee .
    Today was my 2nd attempt and managed to boat 2 Kok's right at 17" .
    Both came on a Pink Hoochie at 25' on the downriggers .
    Trolling between .8 and 1.5 mph .
    Caught both near Charcoal Creek .

Weather was a bit sporty , with rain and wind gust that made it hard to keep the boat at trolling speeds .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0762.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	8632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0763.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	8633  
    Last edited by AlbacoreShuffle; 06-29-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteHawk View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C & release.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	8631
    Letting the kings live on, hopefully in another year will see some 30lbers
    that looks like a huge brown. I have caught a few browns and even a few bulls out of Anderson trolling. I release the browns, and the bulls of course, as well

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper View Post
    terek - my wife and I will also be arriving to Anderson Friday, camping at curlew. Come say hello if you have time, find our gold trailblazer with large black car topper, or boat is a green and white crestliner with downriggers and white Johnson outboards. Looks like a couple other forum members will be there as I saw their posted plans for curlew. I've have not met many forum members in person yet.
    For sure. I have met a couple in person. I will have a blue chevy with a shell pulling my red tracker. And my wifes Honda mini van pulling the Pop up camper.

Nice job guys keep at it.
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Ever caught much Chinook? That my friend is a King salmon.

that looks like a huge brown. I have caught a few browns and even a few bulls out of Anderson trolling. I release the browns, and the bulls of course, as well

I've never ever heard of a Brown caught in Anderson and I've been fishing it for 35 years............

Page 70 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast