Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Default Good fishing

Monday was good fishing but breezy at time. Fish were on top. We were using 1 Oz 60 ft out and 1/2 Oz 66-70 feet out. Best bait was shoe peg corn that I had soaked with tuna fish liguid. Lake is almost full pool.

Default IDFG Kokanee Sampling Efforts June 1-8

Please be aware that IDFG and University of Idaho fisheries crews will be conducting kokanee surveys and research at Arrowrock and Lucky Peak reservoirs from June 1 - June 8, 2016.

One of the survey techniques involves setting suspending gill nets in the water column. Our plan is to utilize up to 12 net sets at each reservoir. Nets will be marked with a series of highly visible buoys. Data collected from these surveys will improve fisheries monitoring and management strategies.

PLEASE AVOID THE BUOYS AND EXPENSIVE NETS with your trolling gear. Should you have any questions please contact the regional office in Nampa at (208) 465-8465.

Default IDFG Kokanee Sampling Efforts June 1-8

Please be aware that IDFG and University of Idaho fisheries crews will be conducting kokanee surveys and research at Arrowrock and Lucky Peak reservoirs from June 1 - June 8, 2016.

One of the survey techniques involves setting suspending gill nets in the water column. Our plan is to utilize up to 12 net sets at each reservoir. Nets will be marked with a series of highly visible buoys. Data collected from these surveys will improve fisheries monitoring and management strategies.

PLEASE AVOID THE BUOYS AND EXPENSIVE NETS with your trolling gear. Should you have any questions please contact the regional office in Nampa at (208) 465-8465.
    Last edited by IDFGR3FishMgt; 06-01-2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: mispelling

Quote Originally Posted by IDFGR3FishMgt View Post

going to kill a lot of fish - hope they salvage them - I have seen set nets ( gill nets ) in the ocean , once caught they be dead

Quote Originally Posted by IDFGR3FishMgt View Post

Great to see fish and game here! Hope you get some good info.

Default Wednesday

Fished from about 9:30 to 1 pm primarily in front of Spring Shores. Fishing slow for us. Wife caught a couple in the 15-16" range .. I just drove the boat. She hooked them at 20 feet down with down rigger.... a set of flashers in front of a pink hoochie tipped with corn. Didn't see a whole lot of nets out today. I tried from 10 feet to 30 feet with flashers, dodgers and various wedding rings, hoochie's in green, pink and orange.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leah 1st 16In.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	8613
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by fixed blade View Post
    Man glad you got into them Terek. Are you talking about lime creek mouth? That's where I was most of the day saturday, and nothing.
    ya, lime creek. they were hard to find, and kept moving around. its still early, I hope. mabe it will get better. nothing like last year. we slayed em last year
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Default Anderson Memorial Day Weekend

I never strayed more than 200yds from curlew boat ramp and only fished 3 to 5 hrs a day. Averaged 10 a day (not counting lost fish and missed hits). They were very picky about flasher, squid color, and even corn scent. We hooked up triples at least once per day, but they were off then on. Had to be right place at right time, and depth changed once or twice daily..I fished 3 poles on two downriggers all at slightly different depths. Caught fish everywhere from 10' ro 40'. In one 20 minute period my girlfriend hooked one at 10' seconds after I hooked up at 40'.

I fished Tuesday and Wednesday caught 12 fish one day and 10 the next--Trolled Ford Fenders with one oz of weight and pink squid-- I fished from 530 am to 10:am both days--I also picked up 7 trout--Fished by curlew and lime creek--A few of the Kookanee were over 3 lbs

I feel I could have caught a lot more had I not been trying to help 3 grandkids catch fish all day every day. But it was woth it to see them have fun. I tried a brass/silver troll rig with different weights and even on downrigger and never got a hit..

Thanks for the info guys, I hope to change my luck this weekend. Just me and the kids are going Sunday.

What has helped my kokanee fishing the most is getting a fishfinder that allows me to see the plankton in the water and see where my line is in the water. That has helped me catch far more fish than I used to. It took me the better part of a day to find the spots where the plankton was, and after that it was just trying to keep the boat in those areas.

I definitely need to upgrade my fish finder. What one do you have crappie slayer?

Quote Originally Posted by fixed blade View Post
    I definitely need to upgrade my fish finder. What one do you have crappie slayer?
    I have the Humminbird 899CI. I bought it a few months ago when they dropped in price. I bought it because it works with my Ipilotlink.

Wonder what they are trying to find out

Quote Originally Posted by conservationist View Post
    Fished from about 9:30 to 1 pm primarily in front of Spring Shores. Fishing slow for us. Wife caught a couple in the 15-16" range .. I just drove the boat. She hooked them at 20 feet down with down rigger.... a set of flashers in front of a pink hoochie tipped with corn. Didn't see a whole lot of nets out today. I tried from 10 feet to 30 feet with flashers, dodgers and various wedding rings, hoochie's in green, pink and orange.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leah 1st 16In.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	8613
    slow today at LP boated 4 small Koks out of 22 hits - sad day as we saw them haul the car to the boat ramp - the one that went over the cliff - poor kids

Fished LP today and bag my Kok. limit 1st time this year, 2-17", 2-14", 2-12". Released 1 trout 3 small KoK and lost other 5 when it get close to the boat. I did fishing hard today from 10:30AM until 5:30PM. If I didn't loose those fish I might quit about 2:00PM. Got 2 fish at Goose Neck Bay, 2 @ Spring Shores Marina and the last 2 @ Chacoal creek. Long liner 85' Ford Fender + Kokabow Talon + white corn; DR from 7 to 15' with Green UV dodger + Green squid + white corn
    Dinner was Bake Kokanee, mix vegetable and Alfredo noodle.

'92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Going Sunday

Will be up fishing Sunday with brothers and Father in law. I was given a couple silver #000 dodgers. Willl this size do or do I need to get something different? No down riggers. FIshing the old fashion way trolling behind the dinosaur boat. Have a pretty good assortment of tackle like wedding rings, kokabows and hoping my brother in Boise picks up some hoochies. Have and older Crestliner tri hull but it gets us on the water.
    Thanks

We had one flasher, and 3 differnet dodgers that we tried, and all caught fish at different times.

I'm going to head back early Sunday. We smoked and canned the last batch. Think I want to do that again. First time canning Kokanee for me and it tastes amazing
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Default Kings

Tried hard for them threw everything I had at them and struck out, hope you have better luck.

I fished all afternoon and evening, and this morning. Only got two bites, and didn't land any. Did catch some nice bass this afternoon.

Fished Friday for 3 hours and picked up 2 nice Kokanee and 2 decent trout, released the trout. Fished Saturday until around 10 am and picked up 4 Kok's. 3 were nice sized and one 11" fish did not trip the release and drowned. Picked up 1 today but did not get back on the the water until 10 after I realized I left my license on my desk............

Anyone else pay attention to the gill net retrieval Sunday? I watched as we were trolling past today and counted 18 Kokanee and 1 trout. The gulls were feasting on 2 as we pulled around.

Fished from 6am to 4pm. Landed 2 toads, lost 3 at the boat. Seemed pink hoochs were the ticket, got a couple hits on green also. 20 feet for the first koke early in the day, dropped down to 30-35 for the second fish late in the afternoon

1.5 " green micro squids from hoochie king were hittng good from 6-9. landed a nice koke and trout
    D/r down 11'
    team Zigzag

Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast