Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9b9dcc10-278f-4053-bd0e-65687149ede2.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	8647  
    Last edited by NiteHawk; 06-28-2016 at 01:19 PM.

That's awesome Nitehawk! Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to try again tomorrow, for some kokes, and one pole for a Chinook. I usually just set up for kokanee.

And to the gentleman that wants to leave the forum due to my post. Geez, I was just trying to lighten the mood.

Agreed!! have fun man good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by fixed blade View Post
    That's awesome Nitehawk! Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to try again tomorrow, for some kokes, and one pole for a Chinook. I usually just set up for kokanee.

And to the gentleman that wants to leave the forum due to my post. Geez, I was just trying to lighten the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteHawk View Post
    I swear only on this forum would someone ask that question. So you want me to put on the internet how I catch fish? How bout NO :) Your a big boy go figure it out. I spend alot of time figuring things out myself no one taught me. I fish long hard hours when the fish are not biting sometimes 14 hour days.

I don't need you to tell me how to catch fish. I asked if you come here to brag numbers over the internet to strangers and I got my answer.

As for myself, I fished all day Sunday, I tried every lure/dodger/scent combination I had access to and nothing gave me results. I was fishing the north end of the reservoir 15-40 ft with a long line at 7 ft trolling at 1-1.5 mph.

I came here hoping to figure out what I was doing wrong and see if others were catching fish. Best of luck to you- hopefully your secrets continue to pay off
    Last edited by bwright; 06-22-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwright View Post

I don't need you to tell me how to catch fish. I asked if you come here to brag numbers over the internet to strangers and I got my answer.

As for myself, I fished all day Sunday, I tried every lure/dodger/scent combination I had access to and nothing gave me results. I was fishing the north end of the reservoir 15-40 ft with a long line at 7 ft trolling at 1-1.5 mph.

I came here hoping to figure out what I was doing wrong and see if others were catching fish. Best of luck to you- hopefully your secrets continue to pay off
    Just add him to your IGNORE LIST

Pm me couple things I would change up.

Quote Originally Posted by bwright View Post
    I don't need you to tell me how to
    catch fish. I asked if you come here to brag numbers over the internet to strangers and I got my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Fathers Day on Dworshak.

Put in at Bruces and headed up lake about 7AM. Lots of boats at Indian Creek where I had been last few weeks, so passed it by. A couple working at Canyon, passed it by since I was betting it would get busy and I'm more into hunting fish in not so common places than joining a gang. Headed up to the bridge since it was good last week. Not so good today, just a few hits on the west side and nothing on my sonar.

So went back down and tried Elk. Several other boats working the mouth, a couple in further in behind the destination dock. Wasn't hot and heavy like last week but plenty enough action to keep us interested. Fish were deeper. At times we would hit all the 25-30 foot downriggers and heavier long line at once while the light long lines would go untouched, even though they caught regular numbers of fish. Everything seemed to work, brass pop gear early, bright chrome or dimpled chrome later in the day. Home made morphodite orange-green lures with #3 white spinner blades seemed to hit best (I buy the bulk brass blades from Cabelas and spray paint em white or black or whatever). Only thing I had no success with was dodgers. I probably need someone who knows what they are doing teach me something about them, maybe use a stick since I'm slow and dense where dodgers come in. I must be doing it all wrong.

After I pulled out I found my transducer mount was popped up from hitting a stick somewhere. Hence a good reason I never showed fish on the finder.

Another great day fishing at Dworshak with the family. 16 year old son spent most of it snoring as he'd had all his buddies over and had a big bonfire out back until midnight. At least the sheriff didn't show to ask what they were doing this time. He would always get up when we hit too many lines for the wife and I to handle, but usually too late to be of any real use. Teenagers can be a lot of fun or more like an itch ya can't scratch. Like athletes foot on the brain.

Anyway, nice batch of fish. Fat and big. Had some incredible fighters on the lines. One was jumping over the top of a couple of the long lines causing some interesting gymnastics to get poles handed around.
    Thanks for the excellent report, Rick. We have had similar results. It has been a fun year.

John

Ok pm sent!

Default Amen Avery

Let's just go fishing and post positive info.
    Last edited by spoons; 06-23-2016 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Don't want to add negativity

Keep talking spoonie admin already warned all of us... But feel free to pm me an I'll tell you how I really feel

QUOTE=spoons;59126]Someone's bring a duesche on mutiple forums...
    Let's just go fishing and post positive info.[/QUOTE]

Cyberbully

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    going to try and smoke some Koks - I assume , as small as they are that you smoke whole - any insight, would like to hear, any methods
    I fillet all my fish, even the small ones. That way I get more brine and smoke flavor into the meat. I use a maple brine then smoke them for 5 to 6 hours with maple pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by AverysAdventure View Post
    Just add him to your IGNORE LIST
    that's what I did. I don't need to be harassed for my fishing practices. I came to this forum to receive as well as give info for everyone to benefit. There are plenty of fish in idahos fisheries. Keeping secrets doesn't improve anything. Some people just have big egos, and have to feel superior. When I do good, I deff. brag on here, as some of you have seen. But 99% of the time, I will let ya'll know what I did to catch them. Has giving that info ever made my future trips worse? no, not at all. Besides, when you are on them, everyone with binoculars are all over you anyway. I'm happier when everyone is catching fish, rather than just me.

Like here is some. Went to LP yesterday, and we ended up searching for a while, but found the fish across from the marina, and just around the corner in the next little inlet. Ended up with one nice trout, and 13 kokes. Fished from 630-900 pm. Pink and silver was hot, at 15-18 feet. Did get one at 25, but all the others were at 15-18.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    The fish that I caught were from 5' to 15' range. We fish with 3 poles, wife had same set up and she fish deeper from 20 - 45, she didn't have any hit. We might catch few more then the rain came and we quit.
    I thought you already leave for Anderson fishing trip. Good luck.
    I guess you were right. Went to LP yesterday, and we ended up searching for a while, but found the fish across from the marina, and just around the corner in the next little inlet. Ended up with one nice trout, and 13 kokes. Fished from 630-900 pm. Pink and silver was hot, at 15-18 feet. Did get one at 25, but all the others were at 15-18.

and Anderson was kind of a bust. 9 fish all weekend.......and no one really got into them. the guys camped next to us got 3 all weekend. Should have stayed home, and just ran up to LP every morning, lol

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    your father-in- law lied to ya!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope not, we are leaving tom. morning. He said it was the best out in front of jacks creek camping areas.

Seems like you get crucified on here for not sharing secrets, that's a new concept to me. That's a pig of a Chinook Nitehawk nice job!

Default Could Have been better but,

Can't really complain as we caught a lot of Kokes, but kept carefully returning them. Found thousands of 2 year fish and not many 3 year fish. Makes me wonder what's up on Ririe. The fish were predominately 35-80ft deep. Surface water temp was around 64-65 degrees I have seen this before and all of a sudden the bigger fish show up. Hot color of the day was A Hot Pink SRG Lures / Kokanee lure and Hot Glow Pink Hoochies. I didn't see any nets on the surrounding boats so feel lucky to have caught over 20 fish. The biggest was 13 inches, which is a big change for the 2016 year. I like the bigger fish. The Black tail end of the reservoir has very green colored water with a brown tint. The water is still better towards the dam. If the weather stays stable the fishing will be best next week on the fishing gods charts. We shall see.

Default What if you were all in the same boat

Some times I wonder if conversations would be different if you were all fishing together in the same boat. I am sure that there would be better communication with lines in the water together.

Everyone has legal rights, to keep fish legally caught, to return fish to the water, to keep your fishing secrets, to brag a little, to encourage a little more, to share information and so on.

The fact that you do not know each other personally is the reason for these challenging communications. Why don't you all meet the same day up at Anderson Ranch and get to know each other. There is enough B. S. in this world so do sportsman who enjoy the same sport have to add to the pile. Just enjoy your FISHING GENTS> GOOD GREIF>

Default Lucky Peak June 22

Hit Lucky Peak again on yesterday June 22 .
    Day started out windy , but by 10:30 it laid down really nice .
    Hooked 9 Kokanee but only landed 6 .
    Fish were between 11" and 14 "
    Long lined two rods with a 1 oz egg sinker 3' of flashers and a watermelon Apex.
    This set up out fished the downriggers with dodger and pink Hoochie 2 to 1.
    Also tip all lures with shoepeg corn and scent .

Like I was told , I'm totally getting hooked on this fish .

Name:	DSCN0764.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	8649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0765.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	8650   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0766.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	8651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0767.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	8652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0768.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	8653  

couple more pics.

Name:	DSCN0769.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	8654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0777.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	8655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0780.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	8656  

Default Anyone tried out Arrowrock Lately?

Thinking about going out on the reservoir tomorrow morning. Want to keep away from all the traffic down at Lucky Peak. Any fishing reports out there?

Pauli

Fished today from 6:30 until 10:30. One 22 1/2" male and a 17"male. Threw one back that may, may mind you, been 7"....was probably 5" long until I drug him around for 30-40 minutes. Lost 2 and had one follow my lure right to the boat and I played with him for a couple of minutes until he got bored. All were shallow at less than 10'. Orange is the color still.

Default Did OK today

Put in at Freeman. Fished Canyon and around to Indain creeks. Picked up fish a out 25-35' down. Caught about 30+ fish and moved to Dicks creek and started trolling at the point and went in all g bank, caught about 15 more in the next hour and called it a day.
    Nice day on the water.

^ this! Fishing is supposed to be FUN & RELAXING!

Default Ommmm

Thanks for the more than appropriate words, gonefishing. I follow the Washington forums and frequently get upset by all the trash talk and inconsiderate comments. Idaho forums (including Big Fish which I moderate) have always been a step above this. Back to friendly sharing and helping others with their fishing. Mike

Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast