Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

what can you tell me about Curlew ? thinking of going next week ( mon thru wed ) and having not ever been there not sure about campground - will have 30ft MH and boat - are the docks in and how busy was the campground this week end ( I see u where going ) - also was the fishing worth going? caught limit at LP Fri. and may just go back there if Anderson is slow

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    what can you tell me about Curlew ? thinking of going next week ( mon thru wed ) and having not ever been there not sure about campground - will have 30ft MH and boat - are the docks in and how busy was the campground this week end ( I see u where going ) - also was the fishing worth going? caught limit at LP Fri. and may just go back there if Anderson is slow
    I did not put in at Curlew I put in at the dam The fishing was very slow not good at all

Sorry for the late post but I was up there on the 1st and caught 4. First one was literally 30 seconds after putting the line in the water while getting the other rods ready as we trolled out towards Gooseneck bay from Spring Shores. The rest were afternoon fish. This is all new to me so I'm sure my technique has lots of room for improvement.

Default Anderson access.

There are a few docks in the water at Culew. Very few campers over the weekend. Fishing was very slow 1 trout 4 Kokes 0 Chinook. Fished from Pine to the damn. Hopefully it picks up.

Are all the Kokes around 16"? I'm hoping to get out next weekend.

The Koke I caught was 10" I saw some caught that were 16" a week earlier

Went out late on Saturday 12:30 to 5, boated 1 trout and 1 kok lost 5 more. They seemed to like the spinner more than the quids for us. The one kok was caught by by my son who got bore and was casting a black grub on a 1/4 oz lead head off the front of the boat while we were trolling. Just goes to show you, you never know what the are going to hit!

Quote Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
    1 chinook 1 koke 4 lb chinook 10" koke
    What were you using and how deep did you catch that chinook?

I caught the chinook on a perch colored rapala shad rap flat line 150 ft behind the boat between 10-15 ft deep--All the chinook I have caught have had perch minnows in them

Last few days have been pretty good at Merry's bay. Hit or miss, but still consistent with periods of very good if you get a location figured out and a school nailed. Found them mostly at about 25' and shallower up to about 15' or so. Size is looking good too. Well....better than last year at least.

What type of lure. I'be been skunked 3 days .

For us we where using black and pink or black and orange wedding rings behind silver trilllights.

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    What type of lure. I'be been skunked 3 days .
    I've been using my own custom made hoochies and wedding rings. I always use a spinner on my hoochies as well.

Most of my luck is on pink uv/glow.

I've also been using dodgers with pink/silver or pink/white

As long as you are going the right speed, show it to them at the right depth you should be hooking into them. Make sure you tip it with white SHOEPEG corn.
    Last edited by DeltaDude; 04-05-2016 at 10:55 AM.

We got ours on Saturday using a #1 purple pro-troll (like an apex) behind a 3-bladed troll that I make. We were also fishing very shallow.

Physion

I know this forum is for KOKS but is there a forum for CJ Strike or does anyone here know whats happening over there now ? thinking of going next week

Yes, the Idaho forum on BigFishTackle.com has current info on CJ. It is one of the most popular topics, and the forum is very active. I am the moderator and will be more than happy to help you if you run into problems. Mike

pulled site up way complex will need help

pulled site up way complex will need help

Was at Anderson to check out the water level and floating docks at Curlew. Water is just touching the end of the floating dock. Not fishing today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curlew.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	8483
    Last edited by Narrs; 04-07-2016 at 09:42 AM.

G3, use this site. Click on it and you will be in the Big Fish Idaho forum.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/I...g_General_F25/

Physion

Let me know if still having issue with that site. I posted there regarding my CJ trip this last Sunday, in the CJ reports thread.

By the way, if anyone did find my electric down rigger stuck in the mud when the water was down, let me know? It was just past Macks Creek around the corner toward AR.

Went out yesterday for 2 hours caught two with longline 100 ft no weight and a yellow and red panther martin of all things? Water is nearly 45 degrees and both fish were directly across from spring shores
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Talking

Pink squids Longlinging. Great day today. got 4 Koke
    n boat. 8- noon
    Last edited by nepetbutler; 04-07-2016 at 02:44 AM.
    team Zigzag

Where you guys finding fish. I was there Thursday and fished two poles with two different set ups and tried multiple depths. Saw very few marks on my fish finder. Didnt get a nibble all day. On one pole i had a dodger with pink squid tipped with corn. Other pole i had a kokanee troll tipped with green scented maggot. One was near top and other was at 10' . Tried 20' and 30' too. Seemed like the few marks i did see were around 25'.
    Only good part of the day was that I am getting good with my Ulterra 112 and humminbird 889ci. My 36v system started out at 37.4v and after 6hrs of trolling it was at 36v after pulling arojnd my heavy 22' boat. My 889ci actually shows my downrigger ball and where my rig is above that in the water.

Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast