Page 35 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

How is it looking at Anderson Ranch for fishing? We are planning a 4 day trip May 28 and hoping for a good bite. If the bite is not on I guess the camp fire and beer will be good.

So it's the 14th of May, has anyone had any luck at all??????????

Good news people, East cleveland Beverage & tackle in Caldwell is now stocking live spikes (maggots).This should inprove our catch rate.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgene View Post
    Good news people, East cleveland Beverage & tackle in Caldwell is now stocking live spikes (maggots).This should inprove our catch rate.
    I hope that's true. Based on the success I had at Wallowa Lake with maggots, I tried them over here. They did not work nearly as well as the corn did. This was a few years ago, so maybe it'll be better/different now.

Wow sure is quiet in here, I have been to LP twice latley and there are plenty of people out fishing. There is a dam parade heading up to Arrowrock. I my self have been testing out the braid vs SS cable, here is what I have found so far.

I put my best pole on the best side of the boat with my favorite lure result = Nothing not a hit, SS cable side out fished the braid 100 percent.. I tried everything and they don't seem to hit the side with braid.

A few more test and I am switching back to cable, it just simply works. I only changed because I had a bad kink so far my advice stick to SS cable.

Went out yesterday afternoon. Supersoft lips. I think the hard rain all night had something to do with the water and the bite. However we lost a lot more than we got in the boat, very slow bite.
    This report is really not too accurate of the current fishing. Overall, it's better fishing out there for kokanee in Lucky Peak and everywhere else than what I experienced on Wednesday.

I long lined tue and landed 12 trout 1 nice koke . Got bites all day long on 1 1/2 oz sinker, slingblade, pink squid wth kokabow stacked on top tipped wth pink firecorn soaked n anise/krill oil. Nothing on dr.
    team Zigzag

SS cable on your DR? or as a leader?

Fished from Macks up to the Dam for 6 hours on the 8th. Pink & White Dodger with pink hoochie tipped with corn soaked in Anise and Garlic produced the only action, 2 rainbows. Saw one guy on a tube who caught 1 kike and 1 rainbow using flies. Everything seemed to be at about 7 - 10 feet on the screen, no real good numbers showing up but that's where they were showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    SS cable on your DR? or as a leader?
    Downrigger, I am giving up as a scientist. Went out today and 95% of the hits came on the braid I GIVE UP. Just going to fish and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Went out yesterday afternoon. Supersoft lips. I think the hard rain all night had something to do with the water and the bite. However we lost a lot more than we got in the boat, very slow bite.
    This report is really not too accurate of the current fishing. Overall, it's better fishing out there for kokanee in Lucky Peak and everywhere else than what I experienced on Wednesday.
    Was that you trolling Kokanee cove in the toon?

Ss cable. Tried from 10 - 30 ft 1 mph = nothing
    team Zigzag

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    Was that you trolling Kokanee cove in the toon?
    Yep. That was me.

Fished for the first time in 2 yrs. WINDY! Not cold. But very windy.
    Oh yeah we found the TOADS and tad poles also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1574.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	8049  
    Last edited by sturgeon8r; 05-16-2015 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Yep. That was me.
    I was in low profile dark grey boat with Yamaha motor and wearing a red shirt, next time I see ya will say howdy!! I ended up with 3 but was doing allot of research.

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    Ss cable. Tried from 10 - 30 ft 1 mph = nothing
    I know this sounds weird but try speeding up, I varied my speed and actually caught more at 1.7.

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    I was in low profile dark grey boat with Yamaha motor and wearing a red shirt, next time I see ya will say howdy!! I ended up with 3 but was doing allot of research.
    Sounds good!

found some more tadpoles. Take a kid fishing

Anyone been out on Ranch lately. Interested in heading over in a week or two.

We're planning to head down friday and stay through the weekend. Either freeman ck or dent. I have not heard much from down there at all. Talked to a friend who nornally fishes it regularly and he has been chasing springers instead (which is probably smart). He fished elk ck a couple times and caught a few but not many. Haven't talked to anyone who has fished it within the last three weeks though.

Default Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by stev7975 View Post
    We're planning to head down friday and stay through the weekend. Either freeman ck or dent. I have not heard much from down there at all. Talked to a friend who nornally fishes it regularly and he has been chasing springers instead (which is probably smart). He fished elk ck a couple times and caught a few but not many. Haven't talked to anyone who has fished it within the last three weeks though.
    Heading for Dent Friday for day trip. Have 4 rigs set up with different weights. I only have a 12' aluminum w/8 horse, so I don't use downriggers. Might as well give it try. I will post any results.

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Good Luck on your Fishing trips this year at Dworshak Reservior.
    Dworshak is not worth going too fish are very small

Went out this morning for 8:30 - 12. We tried multiple spots but it was very slow and i did not mark very many fish. We had 4 hit and boated one trout. Most disappointed that none of the hits came on the DR I put on last night.

yes, very small fish really not worth fishing

Yep that is why no one is fishing LP. It sucks.............

Page 35 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast