Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Fished Curlew and Lime creek area Sunday 4/10. Water was full of debris from rising water and discolored with sedement. Had one koke on but not another bite over 6 hours of trolling. Water may be cleaner by the dam but I didn't have time to check it out.

Just an fyi. The parking lot at Spring Shores will be used Saturday, Apr. 16, for the Robie Creek race. Launch at Turner if you can tolerate the congestion.

Physion

Default Unpredictable Anderson

We fished Anderson last Sunday 4/3. We fished all morning without effect and at 1:00 got on a pattern (pink and green, 25-30 feet) that produced 8 nice fat kokes and 1 chinook. Two of the kokes were 19" and the smallest was 16. I have a photo of the tape but can never get them loaded on this site. Fished it again Saturday 4/9 and ate a big piece of humble pie. 1 Chinook only (about 2 lbs). Water was very dirty. I'll be back but I'll be starting at scratch again. Weather has been wonderful there. On Sunday 4/3 a boat near us caught a chinook that had to weigh 10 lbs. It looked like almost 30 inches when they finally landed it and held it up and it was almost 10 inches from belly to back.
    Last edited by salmonster; 04-11-2016 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Fished today by the dam--one Koke and one trout both 18" no other bites 8 hrs trolling

fished yesterday caught one in 6 hours most guys I talked to did not do any better one boat got 3 up river - market fish shallow but they where closed mouth - will now wait till they get the water thing stable -

Hooked 12 on top long line pink hoochie. Landed 0. Will be back wth snubber
    team Zigzag

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    Hooked 12 on top long line pink hoochie. Landed 0. Will be back wth snubber
    LOL 0 4 12 that has to be a new record You didn't want to clean them slimy things anyway. No in all seriousness what happened? You must be using a different pole after breaking the tip off the one the other day or did you end up repairing it? Good excuse to go buy another setup!

Don't think a snubber will help much unless you are using a telephone pole! I switched to Gama Drop Shot/Down Shot wide gap #2's and never looked back; they stick on and rarely come off.

I went 11 for 12 Saturday using a sickle hook up front and a drop shot hook in back...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaveMT View Post
    I went 11 for 12 Saturday using a sickle hook up front and a drop shot hook in back...
    What size hooks? Thanks

Downriggeral,
    In case you don't already know this, one good way of increasing your rate of fish to the boat is to put the tip of your rod a foot or more into the watermwhen playing the fish...this will greatly decrease the kokanee jumping, a common cause of losing fish. Mike

I finally built me a 7 1/2 and 8 foot super ultra light rods. Going to the long wimpy rods seam to help me out the most. I have all kinds of hooks and a lot of different styles and the fished do not come un-pinned. My $0.02
    06 Lowe 185. 150 HO Etec

kodiak1 - nepetbutler was the one who lost so many. I use light kokanee rods, play the fish to the side with rod loaded, crank steady but not fast and yes put the rod in the water if the fish wants to jump. All of the above work for me to give high hook to land ratios. I use #2 wide gap hooks for the big Roosevelt fish.

Jj broke his tip on a hog. It was on and gone from 7-9. Gonna try different hooks . Sat .if you smell bacon wave. gold king micro hoochies are working well. Also got terrova ipilot. No more hitting the bank
    team Zigzag

Went up today thought i would cut the fat hog in the ass and bypass LP because they have there head up there arse and are running it dry for no reason, anyhew it sucked bad nothing but Trout. I did catch Browns and Bulls but the Rainbows fought harder go figure. All are back safe and sound.

Anybody been out lately and care to share info? I'm going to take the family tomorrow and give it a try.

Fished all day today nothing..

Fished near the dam today, boated 4 koknee and 2 trout. Lost 5 at the boat. All in all not horrible fished 10:30 to 3.
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Fished this morning till 11---no bites

I woke up at 4:45 Am read the last two replies, and went right back to bed. I wonder why the fishing was so much hotter last spring?

Water was clearer and more fish last spring

Quote Originally Posted by fixed blade View Post
    I woke up at 4:45 Am read the last two replies, and went right back to bed. I wonder why the fishing was so much hotter last spring?
    The reason the fishing is not as good is because of the fires and mud that covered the spawning beds the last couple of year have really cut the number of fish in Anderson. Maybe by a couple of years it will be back

Never knew there were Browns in there.

Fished today, Sunday from 9-2 and caught only one small Koke. Water Temp varied from 47 in early AM to 51 in the afternoon. Most folks on the water today had no luck either, at least the ones near me at Spring shores area. Nice day to be fishing but not much action. A bit of a tease to see so many fish on the finder and have so few interested in any of our offerings. Looking forward to more stable levels and warmer water. Better luck.
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Well we had a big goose egg today only 1 bite. Fished from the dam to spring shores.
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast