Page 27 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    Your secret is safe with us... Well except Mackayguy he tends to let the secret spots out.
    MackayGuy did eventually share his secret parking spot with me, but i signed a confidentiality affidavit and to sweeten the deal i also gave him blue prints for making homemade kokabow lure copies
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Quote Originally Posted by kok-head View Post
    MackayGuy did eventually share his secret parking spot with me, but i signed a confidentiality affidavit and to sweeten the deal i also gave him blue prints for making homemade kokabow lure copies
    Wow....payback is a bugger huh? Ok....I started this didn't I? .....and I will continue it.

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    Wow....payback is a bugger huh? Ok....I started this didn't I? .....and I will continue it.
    i actually remember JTM starting it, but he secretly started it
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

I will make an attempt to go this weekend. I usually don't fish on the weekends but work has me committed to heading to Africa for 30 days. If I don't make it up Sat or Sun don't catch all the Kokes while I'm gone. (Ugh.... Africa.... It usually takes 3 days to get that smell off of me :mad)

Pauli

Had an alright day for march. Nothing like last weekend, but hey, whatever. Started slow, but picked up after a hour or so. As soon as we started catching fish, the boats came over like flies. Got one small koke right at the end of the day, but as I was cleaning it overboard, the lip ripped......Almost cried as it gracefully sank into the abiss at 1.27 mph.

I never seem to be able to post pics directly to a post, so here is a link to the album its in. Dont ask me why it always uploads them upside down :/ The one on the bottom was 16 1/2 inches. Pretty much all the kokes i have got this year have been large. Seems like this summer will be epic. Tossed back 5-6 smaller trout, and stabbed 4 squaws in the head. Too bad the squaws are starting back up. Havent had many yet.
    Pink spinners again. Herring corn. 15-25 feet. 1.25-1.35 mph. Water temp started at 41 and by noon when we left it was around 44.

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/f...achmentid=7816
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Quote Originally Posted by kok-head View Post
    i actually remember JTM starting it, but he secretly started it
    SHHHHH seriously? Keep it down man....

Now for the important stuff, Have you been able to find MakayGuys secret trailer parking spot???
    Don't post it PM me.

Getting ready to start running Lucky, I'm on VHS 68 and FRS 21.12 if you want to contact me.

First time poster here, but we've been watching the forum since we casually took up kokanee fishing a couple of years ago. We're new at the game, but we've taken the kids to Dworshak a half-dozen times the last two years boat camping and fishing. We've always caught fish (sometimes good numbers), but not generally as many as most on this forum do. With that introduction (low skill level, fishing with kids), I wanted to post on our trips to help give back to the forum, since it has been really useful to us.

Last Sunday (3/8), we decided to give the kokanee a try during the fabulous early March weather (65 F and sunny). We launched at Freeman crk. and fished down across the canyon crk. bay and then along the dam without a single bite for about 2 hours of somewhat diligent fishing. This was the first time that we haven't had at least sporadic success. The trip was still fun with the great weather. We got some bb gun shooting done, scouted some rock piles for summer bass fishing, and checked out live forest fire by camp 12.1, but I was surprised to not get any kokanee action on our normal presentation of various color wedding rings presented between 20 and 50 ft. I chose to fish toward the dam from Freeman crk. because we were way earlier in the year than we've gone before and I gather that the fish kind of start by the dam and head upstream as the water warms. I figure that I may have messed that up because when I called the dam to check water level, the Corps fellow said that they're already filling the reservoir (as opposed to pulling it down) because of the horrible snowpack this year. The water level is way higher than even in previous April trips, and on the way up, so maybe I should have fished our normal spots upstream of Freeman.

Anyway, that's the report. Bad fishing, but good time had by all. Hopefully we'll see lots of good reports on this forum before we head out for some boat-camping later in the year!
    Doug

Finally hit 'em good today. Hit the lake at the crack of 10:00. In a 2 hour period we hooked 12 and boated 8, all within an inch of 14". Kind of skinny compared to summer fish but happy to get them. Water has cleared some. 44 degrees. Black and red seemed to be the best colors. All fish hooked between 16 and 28 feet. Got on a school and we and 2 other boats stayed on them, Bite ended just after noon and we packed it in at 1:00. First trip this year where we really felt like we had something good going.

Ran a recon trip today, Lake is not brown but a merky green not as clear as normal. Seems like it is higher than it was at this time last year going to start fishing it on Friday will post up a report.

Water has definitely started to clear up from the chocolate milk of the last couple of weeks. Went Saturday and picked up 5. My buddy lost four others. Finally got a couple in the boat. Find the warm water and you will find the fish.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    SHHHHH seriously? Keep it down man....

Now for the important stuff, Have you been able to find MakayGuys secret trailer parking spot???
    Don't post it PM me.
    Ok, ok, ok....in the spirit of good sportsmanship to fellow fisherman.....here's the secret parking spot. Feel free to use it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	7818  

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    Ok, ok, ok....in the spirit of good sportsmanship to fellow fisherman.....here's the secret parking spot. Feel free to use it.
    where are you finding the pavement parking spots at arrowrock!?!

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    That's why its a secret.

It is right next to the Arrowrock Walmart along the South Fork of the Boise road.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Great, just great. Now I will have to get there extra early to get the spot. Now everyone knows.
    06 Lowe 185. 150 HO Etec

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years and I appreciate all of the information.
    Last year, in March, we fished at Mack's with great sucess. I didn't see any boats up there last weekend. Are the schools lower in the reservoir this year?
    I was fishing on March 15th and enjoyed the lack of boats. The catch rate was a bit slow. We fished 4 hours and put one kokanee in the boat. A watermelon dodger and a pink squid was the only combination that worked. I noticed there was only one other boat that also caught one fish. Perhaps the water turbidity is making it tough. I have noticed a lot of fish on the bottom so I'll try jigging when I'm out on Thursday and let you know how that works.
    Has anyone else tried jigging at Lucky Peak?

Quote Originally Posted by salmonster View Post
    Finally hit 'em good today. Hit the lake at the crack of 10:00. In a 2 hour period we hooked 12 and boated 8, all within an inch of 14". Kind of skinny compared to summer fish but happy to get them. Water has cleared some. 44 degrees. Black and red seemed to be the best colors. All fish hooked between 16 and 28 feet. Got on a school and we and 2 other boats stayed on them, Bite ended just after noon and we packed it in at 1:00. First trip this year where we really felt like we had something good going.
    Were you in the blue I think thunderjet next to the white CW and red CW?

Hi,
    Blue Custom Weld WW Special (w/2 chocolate labs). the other two boats were a white thunder jet with really high sides, and a red jet boat (northwest I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by salmonster View Post
    Hi,
    Blue Custom Weld WW Special (w/2 chocolate labs). the other two boats were a white thunder jet with really high sides, and a red jet boat (northwest I believe).
    Gotcha, that was me in the Red CW WWS. I did well in that spot after trying to fish the dam which was horrible and windy, it was like 2 different lakes.

headed up in the morning. Gonna be a great day as far as weather is concerned. I hope the kokes are out and about enjoying it as well. And I will be in the secret parking spot as well.

Really can't fish that corner well once the ski boats start regularly. Better fish it while we can

headed up in the morning. Gonna be a great day as far as weather is concerned. I hope the kokes are out and about enjoying it as well. And I will be in the secret parking spot as well.
    I made it up for my first trip of the year, secret spot was taken dammit! Was slow for me but the weather was awesome!!! Tried the dam around the launch and threw everything in my arsenal finally connected by the confluence. Great day to be on the water.

Put in about 5 hours yesterday fishing the dam, Indian, and Canyon. Had a few "small" hits. When we finally landed one, we found out why the hits were small: the fish was about 5 inches. Yikes!

We were fishing from the surface to 25 feet because our previous trip we worked deeper water and were skunked. Water temp was 45 at the dam and 49 at Canyon. That should be warm enough for more action than we had. We're kinda confused and a little worried that it might be an off year.

There were lots of bass fishers and they were doing reasonably well.

Is anyone having better luck than we've had?

John

was a nice day yesterday, but the bite was not on. I tried everywhere and used everything. Ended up with 3 nice sized fish, but we fished from 730am to 530pm. All fish caught in random places. Even my secret spot that has produced every trip yielded nothing. Kinda bummed out, hopefully was just this day. Think we will shoot for a camping trip up to anderson next weekend. A friend went to featherville on wed. to see family and he said all the ice was gone.

Page 27 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast