Page 65 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by scaletamer View Post
    Good luck tomorrow everyone! I'll be the guy in the badass 1-man pontoon boat! If anyone in a $100k+ boat needs a deckhand and can't fish i'm your guy! hahahaha! Peace and good luck to all
    Looks like you caught at least 1 and sorry if I got a little close.....wakes push us slow troller's around a bit.

Picked up 4 and lost 2. I football at the boat and another who was very acrobatic popped off a ways back. Again, caught them were I was catching them toward the end of the season last year. Citrus dodgers and orange wedding rings.. Forgot, 1 nice trout as well.
    Last edited by callelk; 05-14-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Attachment 8540

Well we fished all afternoon today and only boated two, hooked 4. One was very nice though.

thinking of going Curlew in next week or so ( mid week ) - never been there - I have a 20ft MH and boat - whats the campground like ? - I used to fish Anderson back in the 70's when they first planted the KOKs - didn't have all the fancy gear then - we just trolled around with a Mepps spinner - most years they where 8-10 inchers but later we started to catch 14-15 - like to give it a shot again - only been 50 years :)

40 years ago we used a kokanee king, I still use one from time to time. I'm thinkin on goin wed, looks like best day weather wise so far. camp ground not bad. I have 16 ft. sea ark, camo paint. see ya wed

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    I use a compass app on smart phone w/ GPS speed. Will work a pink slingblade, pink hoochie tipped w/ pink anise krill soaked Firecorn Longlinging 1/4 oz trolling sinker. Goose neck bay . If u smell bacon, WAVE. 1.2 mph
    Are you the one with the English Bacon? Where do you get it?

For me, 3 kokes and 1 rainbow trout yesterday...all but 1 caught within sight of Spring Shores. Pink hoochies with corn.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    thinking of going Curlew in next week or so ( mid week ) - never been there - I have a 20ft MH and boat - whats the campground like ? - I used to fish Anderson back in the 70's when they first planted the KOKs - didn't have all the fancy gear then - we just trolled around with a Mepps spinner - most years they where 8-10 inchers but later we started to catch 14-15 - like to give it a shot again - only been 50 years :)
    The camp ground at Curlew is pretty good but not very big. Shouldn't be a problem this time of year and mid week though. There is a nice do-it-yourself spot when you cross the bridge at Lime Creek too.

Update to my last post - We quit at 11:30 Saturday with a total of 18 fish for the day and a half. Talked to three other boats Friday afternoon that had none or very few fish. Not sure why we did well and they didn't. Saw most boats netting fish Saturday morning with and without downriggers. So maybe it'll just get better from here on. By the time we left my meter was reading 65* for surface temp. Took a quick dip Friday night and it wasn't too bad.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1227.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	8542
    Last edited by 30carbine; 05-15-2016 at 10:02 PM. Reason: add pic

Fished Sat. 4 hours and caught 4 Kokes. All 15-16 inches. Things seem a bit slow still. Water temp is 55-57 in the morning. All 4 were on lead core out 3 colors and with pop gear and green kokabow tipped with gulp maggot. Dodger and hoochie struck out!
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Fred meyer. Got a I pilot .gonna try it tomorrow.
    team Zigzag

Fished Saturday from 6 am to noon (I was in the 13 ft Old Town Discovery square back), beautiful day, boated 5 and lost 8 or 9. Headed east from spring shores fishing a pink hoochie behind a pink/silver sling blade and a chartreuse kokabow behind a pink/chartreuse dodger, both tipped with uv herring shoepeg. Long line was 90 ft back with 1/2 ounce at ~1.3 mph , switched to 3/4 ounce when it started to warm up and continued to catch fish. Fantastic first time out!

Quote Originally Posted by callelk View Post
    Looks like you caught at least 1 and sorry if I got a little close.....wakes push us slow troller's around a bit.

Picked up 4 and lost 2. I football at the boat and another who was very acrobatic popped off a ways back. Again, caught them were I was catching them toward the end of the season last year. Citrus dodgers and orange wedding rings.. Forgot, 1 nice trout as well.
    All good! Caught 4 and 1 tagged trout! Saturday was awesome Sunday got yelled at for making the house smell like smoked Kokes! She wonders why I love going fishing! Peace

maybe LP tomorrow anyone have any luck today ? last 3 trips pretty dismal

Trolled for 2 days. No bites. Sad
    team Zigzag

Maybe the fish are holding out for the "2016 KOKANEE DERBY" this weekend. I'm starting to think that everyone that knows about it is afraid of a little competition. You can find information about it on facebook by searching 2016 Lucky Peak Kokanee derby.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/454695158057554/

Good luck all.

Fished 5/18, spring shores area. Landed 4. Fish were biting 8-12 ft for me, they weren't touching pink, caught everything on green.

Alright, seems there's a problem here. No one posting lately :p

I am heading to Dworshak tomorrow. Been 2 weeks since they closed the gates, water levels are about 20 ft from full. Fish are hanging around waiting for my pop gear to stir them into a feeding frenzy. I shall report back my amazing, incredible, remarkable, overworked, fished till I dropped facts, afterwards.

Best laid plans. Wish me luck!

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

https://mail.cableone.net/service/ho...d=52462&part=8

Fished AR yesterday. and found koke fishing slow, but did catch a 30", 12+ pound chinook, and lost one other. Chinooks at 20'. Mike

what did you catch the Chinooks on? kokes were being caught right out from curlew, I didn't find that out until I already hah the boat loaded.

sending a PM

Hey there everyone! New to the forum! Usually try and go at least once a week to Lucky Peak (weather permiting). Went up last Saturday and did all right. Fished near the dam. Was windy in the morning. Long line, Caught about 5 trout on wedding rings and corn and Pink dodger. Caught 3 kokes on green dodger and little devil with pink mags. Excited to go up on saturday. Ordered some live pink maggots from Michigan. They showed up today. Interested in seeing how those work. Will keep everyone updated. Will be fishing near dam again... Will be a lot of boats up at spring shores for the koke tournament. Good luck to all the participants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160515_144450-02.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	8547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160514_172436.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	8546  

did no good, kokes were out from curlew short distance, didn't know till on way home, goin again mon weather permitting,, have 16ft sea ark camo paint (yellow dog ) fishing partner

Hit Lucky Peak yesterday and fished from 7-9 p.m. Fished mostly in sight of spring shores. Trolled at speeds of 1.7-2.2 mph. Had 4-7 solid bites but only landed one koke, 15-17". Used green dodgers with pick hoochies tipped with shoepeg corn. Most fish were at depths of 20' and above.

I will be out there sat, rain or shine! Will provide a report Monday. I am interested in the chinooks, any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    https://mail.cableone.net/service/ho...d=52462&part=8

Fished AR yesterday. and found koke fishing slow, but did catch a 30", 12+ pound chinook, and lost one other. Chinooks at 20'. Mike

What??!! and you're not even going to post a picture?

Can't get it attached. It can be found on BigFishTackle.com Idaho forum.

Slammin: I've heard of them being caught on large hoochies, rapalas, and salmon spoons such as coyotes. I used an 8" flasher.

Page 65 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast