Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

ThAnks for creating the 2016 thread !

Thanks for the 2016 forum

Any guesses on the size of koke's we'll pull out of Anderson this year? Last year was awesome, seemed to be from 14" to a couple that were 17".

I'm guessing we'll find some nice kok's this year. My question is how big the black mouths will be. Can't wait to find out.
    Last edited by AverysAdventure; 02-19-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    Nailed 3nice Kokes by white pipe. 20' down on pink wedding ring tipped with maggots Firecorn, procure anise krill oil. Great sunny afternoon tue.
    Nice going Pet Butler! It's going to be a good year brother.

im thinking very large. Tward the end of last season, almost every koke we boated was 14+. right when they were turning pink, they were up twards 18-19
    Last edited by terek; 02-19-2016 at 02:37 PM.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Excited to see that they left the limit at 25

I'm wondering the same thing. Any guess on the size this year... 4 to 6 pounds ? Should be getting big enough to put a hurt'n on your kokanee rod.
    06 Lowe 185. 150 HO Etec

Does anyone know if Anderson's water is fishable yet due to ice and snow issues?
    Does the reservoir have a reputation for producing well shortly after ice out?
    Thanks in advance for any info that someone would post for the forums members.

There's still a foot of snow in Fairfield, and some of the snow banks are around 4'. I think it's going to be a couple weeks.

I was there two weeks ago and there was a 6 ft plowed snow bank blocking the entrance to the elk creek launch. The ice edge was at Falls creek and everything towards the dam was open and looked great. I keep hearing that its supposed to be a bad year because of spring flooding from two springs ago but if there is half the fish that means twice as much food for bigger fish. Last year at the end of June most of the Koke we caught were 14-16 with the occasional 17-18 and believe it or not we had one at 20.5 in. The Chinook were 18-20 and should be in the 20-24 and hopefully bigger by the end of the season. Last spring I was catching fish by the dam in the third week in February so as soon as I can get to the water, I'm in. If anyone hears of the ramp opening don't be stingy with the heads up.

I was there two weeks ago and there was a 6 ft plowed snow bank blocking the entrance to the elk creek launch. The ice edge was at Falls creek and everything towards the dam was open and looked great. I keep hearing that its supposed to be a bad year because of spring flooding from two springs ago but if there is half the fish that means twice as much food for bigger fish. Last year at the end of June most of the Koke we caught were 14-16 with the occasional 17-18 and believe it or not we had one at 20.5 in. The Chinook were 18-20 and should be in the 20-24 and hopefully bigger by the end of the season. Last spring I was catching fish by the dam in the third week in February so as soon as I can get to the water, I'm in. If anyone hears of the ramp opening don't be stingy with the heads up.

I ran up Thursday this week to see how things were looking.... Curlew had a snow plow drift approx. 12 foot tall blocking the road. Elk creek at the dam still had about 3 to 4 feet of snow all the way down to the waters edge.... Ice was melted off from the dam upstream to just past the power line crossing.. Water level if VERY low.... Sounds like things will be different from last year based off the fires we had in 2013 but should still be some fish to catch just not in the numbers we saw last year... Arrowrock and Lucky Peak might have some good fish this year !!! Installing my first downrigger next week. Can't wait to get out....

I am new to Kokanee fishing. Have had some success at LP but not the kind I would like. What months are ideal?

I have had my best luck in June but there is good fishing from March through October although I have never done well personally in August. Good Luck!

Thanks for the reports guys. It looks like it will be awhile yet before we can get on the reservoir.
    I want to fish the upper part of Brownlee too but in the last several days the flow from melting snow up high has the water extremely muddy with an awful lot of debris floating on it.
    A friend of mine tried to fish there Saturday from a boat and said that the debris underwater and on top made it unfishable. He said its like that from Steck down to the Cemetary.

Thank you. It's going to be an early great year of fishing.

Not sure anyone here has seen this but the either of the two proposed "new" Arrowrock Dams would not help fishing and even raising the existing Arrowrock Dam would drawdown Luck Peak to "worthless" levels.

http://www.nww.usace.army.mil/Portal...ortOct2011.pdf

At the pace the government moves and all the environmental studies/assessments they will have to go through on this do you really think it will be any actual dirt moved in the foreseeable future? Empirical data to demonstrate benefit at the cost of environmental damage will be demanded. Lots of special interest groups out there who will pounce on this if it seems real at some point. As I understand it a decision point is planned for 2017.

I had not heard of this 2011 study and just stumbled across it looking for a map........I wonder how many folks in the area know about this?

I remember fighting the USFS on road closures in the Boise NF, Roads that were on maps from the 20's and they did an environmental study that said the closures would harm streams and river beds....regardless of that and public outcry, they were all closed within 18 months.

How often have all three reservoirs been filled in the last few years? Even if it were a good idea (and I don't think it is), there may not be enough winter precipitation to justify the expense of building additional capacity.

don't mean to jump in a different direction than above, but has anyone seen the water levels of lucky peak and/or arrowrock? I want to try out arrowrock on fri, but am unsure of the water level, or ice situation. I could hit lucky peak, but I haven't fished it much, and don't really know the fish like I do at arrowrock.

has anyone seen the water levels of lucky peak and/or arrowrock? I want to try out arrowrock on fri, but am unsure of the water level, or ice situation. I could hit lucky peak, but I haven't fished it much, and don't really know the fish like I do at arrowrock.

crazy. you were thinking about cats? I fish steck a lot in the summer, but never this early

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    don't mean to jump in a different direction than above, but has anyone seen the water levels of lucky peak and/or arrowrock? I want to try out arrowrock on fri, but am unsure of the water level, or ice situation. I could hit lucky peak, but I haven't fished it much, and don't really know the fish like I do at arrowrock.
    I swung by Lucky Peak a week ago Sunday and it was down over 100'. There was one boat trolling in front of Viewpoint but I did not stick around to see if he was catching anything.

I did talk to one person who fished Goose Neck mid-week last week. Said he caught 5 in the 12-13" range longlining 10' down with orange/pink. Running at <1 mph because the water is so cold.

Water/boat ramp levels can be found here:

http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ramps/lucky/lucky.html

http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ramp...arrowrock.html

For some reason Arrowrock is filling fast and they have slowed Lucky Peak.

http://www.usbr.gov/pn-bin/graphrt.pl?ark_af

http://www.usbr.gov/pn-bin/graphrt.pl?luc_af
    Last edited by callelk; 02-23-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast