Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Spent all day Sunday at Arock. Tried all different colors and lures, and various scented corn, no luck. Showed a lot of fish on the finder, couldn't get them to bite. Anywhere from 10 to 80 ft. Went around the dam, straight across from the boat ramp, and around the waterfalls up the south fork. Total of the day was 8 squaws. Talked to a few other boaters and they had little or no luck as well.
    Last edited by Bign8dogg; 04-18-2016 at 08:52 PM.

I think ill take the family up for an evening trip. I usually fish arrowrock, but there has been no bite up there. I'm not real sure where to go at LP. Are you guys hitting them closer to the dam, or the marina right now? I herd the water was low/muddy so I'm thinking the dam would be better? Also, will my state park pass get me in the gate or do I still have to pay for parking?
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

The state park pass will get you in at Spring Shores but not at Turner. I don't know if they have put up the fee box at Turner. I haven't been able to go up for a while and am also curious about where to try. I hope for a short trip on Saturday morning.

Physion

There was no fee box at turners on Saturday. Also as I said above we did better down by the dam on Saturday and that is were we had the only hits as well on Sunday.
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by armyducker View Post
    What size hooks? Thanks
    I usually use a #2 up front and a #4 swinging at the end. I also use noodle rods and light action fiberglass rods for the give. I agree with the slow, steady approach to reeling them in. We went 12 for 13 Sunday at HVRR

fee to use Turner will start in May.

we did alright. the bite was soft and they were not really hitting hard enough to get good hook ups. 4 koks and 2 trout in the boat. We lost 8-10 fish. I'm still teaching my wife how to catch em, and most were lost within 15 feet of the boat. still fun 3 of the koks were 17-18 inches, and one was a little 14 in dinker :) All caught at the north end of the dam. Pink hoochie on a long line was the top producer, even though I had the downriggers at 10, 15, and 20 feet.

I remember why I hate LP, high winds everywhere at all times, and absolutely the most stupid people at the boat launch. I saw a wakeboard boat and a ski boat with fishing poles almost crash into each other. All because the wakeboard boat was trying to cut in line. They both took forever to get out. I love the look on peoples faces when I back my trailer down the 100 yard ramp doing like 20mph perfectly strait, and am hooked up and out of the water in 45 sec.
    Last edited by terek; 04-20-2016 at 08:58 AM.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Fishing from GooseNeck Bay toward Spring Shore today. One bite, caught 1-15" Kok on longline pole without weight, 100' line out. Talked to few other fisherman in Spring shore they didn't do good either. Other fisherman caught 2 at the dam on 4 color leaded line.

Had 2 bites and landed 2 koks near the dam at 1pm 15 feet down (about 16 inches each). Trolled from Spring Shores to the dam with no action. If you see the 28 foot pontoon boat with "Newell's Ark" that's me!
    Last edited by Narrs; 04-20-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrs View Post
    Had 2 bites and landed 2 koks near the dam at 1pm 15 feet down (about 16 inches each). Trolled from Spring Shores to the damn with no action. If you see the 28 foot pontoon boat with "Newell's Ark" that's me!
    I thought I saw your boat @ Pipeline Gulch. Was your pontoon has 2 blue top that took off about 3:30PM toward Spring Shores. I did stop by Pipeline Gulch at that time fish for another half and hour and quit.
    I was on the 17.5' Crestliner Phantom Fish & Ski. Grey with Red trim, Light gray bimini top.

yup that was us!

Lake specific report threads need to be reserved for that lake only. Fish On.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

sorry, didn't mean to upset anybody. won't happen again

No problem scottc. Just trying to keep the thread on topic. Thanks for sharing your insights and welcome to the forum.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Skunked Thursday fishing at various depths setups etc. at Merry Bay. Talked to another guy that was up to Canyon Creek, he only caught one. Must not be holding my mouth right.

As some of you know, I have been guiding on that lake for a while. Lately I have been doing lots of Bass guiding. Anyway, I am seeing lots of Kokanee in very shallow water. Example, From the floating dock just north of the state park (freeman cr) to the long dock by the church camp. 60' off the bank in 35' of water. that whole mile stretch had them in it. Another spot, going in to canyon cr, the point on the left, around that point in 40' of water, across from dent launch, the group camp site, thru there in 25' of water, the point that seperates elk cr. from the main lake, on the main lake side in 40' of water. All these spots you can hit the shore with a bass bait. real close. There not out where you think they would be. The fish that are jumping out of the water in those spots are pretty nice, 10". if anyone has any ?????? feel free to contact me jeff jarrett jarretts guide service. you can find me

Forgot to mention: When the corps dumps water like they have been, the koke's leave the deep water, they move to the shallows. Believe it or not, there is current in the lake right now. Imagine the middle of the lake is slowing flowing tward the dam, look for spots close to the bank that would create an eddy just like what happens down in the river. The koke's are either in fornt of or behind those points that soften the current. The current is only 1/4 to 1/2 mph. but when your a fish any little changes they act different. when your fishing those spots I mentioned earlier, try no weight about 25' back seriously maybe only a 1/2 oz back 25 or 30' even hand line or jig over them. There are a lot of fish in those spots. You will find them on your sonar jeff

good information jeff. you are always generous and helpful, thx

Thanks for the update again this year Jeff! Went from really good fishing 3 weeks ago to nothing in the last two weekends. Been finding them just like Jeff said, up shallow in all the usual spots see attachments), but they weren't having any of what I was offering with wedding rings/lake troll.

Attachment 8526Attachment 8527

Did anyone catch any Kokes this weekend? Planning on going up next week for my vacation, was wondering if the water was cleared up and the fish were biting. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

If anyone needs help finding fish, let me know. More then happy to help out!

I fished Friday with ZERO bites again.... Saw one boat net a fish. Water is still really dirty compared to this time last year. Don't think i'm going back until things clear up and water level stabilizes.

Trolled around 4 hours por nada on Wednesday, mainly in the top 40 feet of water.
    Marked scattered fish, nothing impressive.
    Water was way off color with plenty of debris everywhere.
    Weather was gorgeous and it was great to get back out on the water.
    Better keep your eyes open, though, if you're running wide open...lots of floating and barely floating crud!

fished sunday for 2-3 hours. started by the dam. fished up the lake towards Spring Shores. 1 bite. finished by the dam. water still pretty dirty. maybe 10 foot temp was 49 to 50. little windy. fished 10 - 15 feet. downrig and long lined.

Many bites yesterday across from Marina am 530-930 Longlining wth pink squid in the wind.lost all.thumbs-up
    went home tied dropshot hooks and switched too ultralight gx2 Uglysticks.
    Last edited by nepetbutler; 04-26-2016 at 09:02 AM.
    team Zigzag

Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast