Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Thanks Scottc, nice to hear a report instead of all these experts trying to decide what kind of fish someone caught, I also thought this site was designed for fishing reports, maybe some people should find another place to impress someone. sorry just ventting, hate to see a good site go awry

Default ANDERSON THIS WEEK

fished tue and today did not see or hear of one fish caught, and I agree with you badlander, site kind of went to hell since the last power play

Default Smoke Fishermen

Fished LP today from 9:30AM ~ 1:00PM. Woa! Smoke from Pioneer's fire was so thick on the reservoir. Fishing was slow too, saw many boats in the Sam Creek area but didn't see anyone net fish. I smelled smoked bacon and stop by to say hi to nepetbutler. He's happy with the new AC on his boat. How long the cool air will last Mr. Nepetbutler? Lake water temp was 67 deg. and that was my cool off source.
    Fishing was slow, I caught 2 kok, 1-17" already changed color 1-14" and a new planted Chinook. 17" kok was on the long line pole 40' line with 5/8 oz weight red/silver flasher + red WR. Other two was with DR @ 20' deep +dodger + pink squid.
    Thanks F-Bomb for the good info. at LP. Next time, hopefully I will do better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP_7566.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	8747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP_0283.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	8748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17inch-kok_7571.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	8749  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 07-27-2016 at 07:15 PM.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    just came doun from Anderson, sorry but koke bite is 0, and I mean 0 nobody catchin nothin
    Thanks scottc for the info. Plan to go AR tomorrow and Fri but will stay home instead. Next week I might go up to Cascade reservoir to catch some perch.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    Report from Tues:

bright sunny slight breeze early to dead calm to a steady almost white cap NE wind by the end of the day very light recreational traffic until about 3pm

....arrived on site at the spring shores 8am ish...about 50 boats from main pool to the white pipe. We started with pink hoochie/silver smile blade behind the macks paper flasher at 21ft which was the magic recipe on Sat and my standard LP go to fish catching setup the orange wr winner behind a paper flasher at 9ft 1.85 to 2.07mph gps. Orange had bite after bite after bite but they wouldn't actually take it and get hooked up. We caught a 14 on the pink right in the middle of the armada and so I switched both to that setup and we only caught one more fish in an hour. Switched back to the one and one and the orange setup proceeded to get over 50 hits and catch 20 plus while pink at 20 was nothing but a spectator that required a corn rebait every 10 minutes with no fish! We lost at least 5 fish at the boat and another 5 that you got to feel wiggle and then come right off. By midday we put both on orange at 9ft and one pole got 4 to 1 fish but the second setup did get some action.

We found a few decent 3 year fish but the majority were the 14" version but they are footballing up slightly over the last couple of weeks. All still nice and chrome and the meat is excellent. One big male 3 year fish is just getting his fighting face going. I normally release all of the non-3 year fish that aren't bloody and since we are top watering with no great pressure change on the fish they usually do fine on release but I had an uncle along that doesn't get to fish much and he loves the salmon so this day was about gathering meat.

So I don't know what all of the talk about slow fishing at LP? I've took a five year hiatus from koke fishing LP but I never remember having as much action and as steady throughout the day as we have had this year. This is all just a lot like big game hunting. You don't hunt where you don't see sign. Kokes have signs too! Notice the birds? There are a bunch of osprey at LP and they are nailing the kokes all day. You are seeing very little major fish clusters at 20 to 40ft. The graph shows massive plankton salad mostly in the top 20ft of water and very rarely deeper. All of those clues are saying the fish are dispersed and they are on top. You have to move around and you have to offer the color and flash that they want.

I also experimented with some pink fire corn home made stuff and it did get some action. My instincts for getting fish always takes over and I go right back to my known and confident bait and that is corn with a tuna oil soak. I"m always concerned that I'll brew up a batch of fish repellent by accident!
    This year has been great to me as well but I took the wife out Friday and Sunday to "involve" her in my spending and couldn't get a single strike! Apex-micros in every color combination along with 3 baits, every blade I have and nothing both days! Was smacking them in the face from 17'-25' and nothing! We did see a bald eagle squeezing meat and my son thought it was the coolest thing ever! Going back out on Sat so hopefully it's back on! Thx for the solid info!

P.S. you will have to let me in on the Kokanee Anonymous meeting you went to in order to take a 5 yr hiatus! Peace

It's easy to quit. Sell all of your stuff and move a long long way off. I really don't think people appreciate how incredible it is to have a fishery like Lucky Peak so close and easily accessible to a huge population. Does anybody on this forum know enough about kokanee to know if the great big ones are really old planters? I was under the impression that the big fish were a 3 year cycle spawning critter but I was watching a video and the guy said that the washington department of fish were putting in sterile planters and the big ones were simply older and don't spawn and die. I'm seeing our big fish turning red so I wonder if that is a different breed and system. Maybe we have a combo at LP. The other explanation of size was related to the food source availability of shrimp and plankton variety and quality.

I also forgot to mention that one of my keys to guessing that the masses are on top is that when I tour around the lake and don't see nearly as many fish as normal. You only see a tiny field of range under 15ft with down sonar so when there isn't any fish where you know that there should be it tells you that they are on the top 15ft. If you have ever had the opportunity to be above a boat going over shallow fish you will see the fish part and then work back to their original position as the boat passes over. If you fish top water troll for kokes you need to put your presentation quite a bit further back of your DR ball in order to get it through the mass of fish as they settle back to their spot. When I was a prototype tester for Botttom Line way way back in the day I got to play with the side sonar stuff and you could see it and that confirms the earlier comments.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Fished LP today from 9:30AM ~ 1:00PM. Woa! Smoke from Pioneer's fire was so thick on the reservoir. Fishing was slow too, saw many boats in the Sam Creek area but didn't see anyone net fish. I smelled smoked bacon and stop by to say hi to nepetbutler. He's happy with the new AC on his boat. How long the cool air will last Mr. Nepetbutler? Lake water temp was 67 deg. and that was my cool off source.
    Fishing was slow, I caught 2 kok, 1-17" already changed color 1-14" and a new planted Chinook. 17" kok was on the long line pole 40' line with 5/8 oz weight red/silver flasher + red WR. Other two was with DR @ 20' deep +dodger + pink squid.
    Thanks F-Bomb for the good info. at LP. Next time, hopefully I will do better.
    A/c kept me cool for 4 hrs using ice packs. Used 2 amps on battery. Gonna try big blocks of ice on Tue. Nailed 3 koke at 1 pm down 20'. Will try more shallow like jktoons
    team Zigzag

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    A/c kept me cool for 4 hrs using ice packs. Used 2 amps on battery. Gonna try big blocks of ice on Tue. Nailed 3 koke at 1 pm down 20'. Will try more shallow like jktoons
    Found my sidefinder.gonna use to spot Kokes in top 15' water. Thanks fbomb
    team Zigzag

Fished LP today (6am to 12:30pm) with my buddy in his boat. If you saw the camo-submarine-looking boat out there today, that was us.
    Very smokey. Wasn't too bad in the early morning, but got worse as the day progressed. However, we were lucky enough to each catch our Kokanee limits today. No downriggers, so we were long-lining with lead weights. Using Ford Fenders, started with 1 to 2 oz lead, then switched to 3 and 4 oz. Most of the fish were caught on 3 oz. Had a slow start (only 1 in the boat in the first hour) with only a few bites. Taking some of the advice from F-Bomb from 7/22 (and thank you F-Bomb for sharing as we're never too old to learn new tricks or confirm old ones), I had brought some tuna/blue herring-soaked corn. We switched to that (using regular corn to start) and the bite immediately picked up. Got several more fish in the boat. Then it slowed down again. Switched from red and orange wedding ring-type lures to green lure and again the bite immediately picked up. Got to 8 fish in the boat by noon. Then we hit a spot directly across from the marina and landed 4 more in 20 minutes. Yahoo! And although there were not a ton of boats out there, I must say, we never saw anyone else going for a net while we were out there. Could have been due to how thick the smoke was. Hope others were catching too. Anyway, great day!

Kokaneekevin
    16' Tracker (beige w/ green stripes), 75hp, 4-str Merc
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smokey_LP.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	8750

Name:	Koke_limit.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	8751

Name:	green.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	8752

Nice report, thanks to all for great info.
    Green has been my afternoon " go to" in the past. Thanks for the confirmation.
    Nice pic. And good fishing!

Great report! I'm glad to hear that the stuff is working for other people as well.

We went up Fri evening but this trip was designated as girlfriend and first try boat camping with our new setup trip. Trolled from the mouth of the main lake directly to the first big bay for a camping spot and caught four of the 14" variety on orange spinners at 12ft. Just a wild guess but I estimate about an hour of real fishing time. Found a good camp dock site and had an incredible evening of steak and halibut off of the BBQ. Crank up the tunes and relax to several bottles of good wine. Beautiful clear night and there was a really cool meteor shower. Woke up at 5am and it was apocalyptic with smoke. We had to get back to town pretty early so we only got to fish for a couple of hours. Really slow...only three fish and one squawker. Had a few take downs with no hook ups but generally about a third of my normal experienced results. The fish n game guy that drives around and checks people stated that it's been really slow.

It's interesting to hear and see the green spinner report. Being so smokey and dull light conditions I think that confirms my suspicions that if it's dull light you should have on green and if it's bright light you should have on neon orange. Seeing your flat green blade tells me that maybe we would even be better off going away from the hammer silver blade to the all green presentation? I'll try that next time it's cloudy and we shall see.

Default slow

Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    Great report! I'm glad to hear that the stuff is working for other people as well.

We went up Fri evening but this trip was designated as girlfriend and first try boat camping with our new setup trip. Trolled from the mouth of the main lake directly to the first big bay for a camping spot and caught four of the 14" variety on orange spinners at 12ft. Just a wild guess but I estimate about an hour of real fishing time. Found a good camp dock site and had an incredible evening of steak and halibut off of the BBQ. Crank up the tunes and relax to several bottles of good wine. Beautiful clear night and there was a really cool meteor shower. Woke up at 5am and it was apocalyptic with smoke. We had to get back to town pretty early so we only got to fish for a couple of hours. Really slow...only three fish and one squawker. Had a few take downs with no hook ups but generally about a third of my normal experienced results. The fish n game guy that drives around and checks people stated that it's been really slow.

It's interesting to hear and see the green spinner report. Being so smokey and dull light conditions I think that confirms my suspicions that if it's dull light you should have on green and if it's bright light you should have on neon orange. Seeing your flat green blade tells me that maybe we would even be better off going away from the hammer silver blade to the all green presentation? I'll try that next time it's cloudy and we shall see.
    Lp today slow got 5 ( small - next years fish ) lost a lot should have limited we did better than some we talked to

Default Dworshak trip

Planning a trip to Dworshak this weekend can't seem to find any info on water level or how fast it it dropping. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Default Water levels

Go to Dworshak.org for water levels, temp & other useful information.

Default chinook

can anybody tell me more about the Anderson Chinook, can you fish them clear up until winter. I didn't think they spawn like the kokes. if anybody has fished for them in late summer let ne know.

Their staging to spawn now, they will be on spawning beds at the end of September thru the first week of November. Hopefully they all spawn out and produce salmonoids for next year!

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    can anybody tell me more about the Anderson Chinook, can you fish them clear up until winter. I didn't think they spawn like the kokes. if anybody has fished for them in late summer let ne know.

Default chinook

Quote Originally Posted by NiteHawk View Post
    Their staging to spawn now, they will be on spawning beds at the end of September thru the first week of November. Hopefully they all spawn out and produce salmonoids for next year!
    thanks nitehawk, maybe we'll meet up in the spring and share some ideas, thanks again

Thumbs up Picture of Andserson Ranch Chinook

Everyone,

To help with the I D of Chinook, go to SRG Lures face book page, or srglures.com and you will see a nice Chinook that was caught at Anderson Ranch approximately 5-6 weeks ago. Great picture and you can see the shape and color to expect when a person catches a Chinook there

Or just go to google type in landlock chinook, lots of images. https://www.google.com/search?q=land...ZEDmcQ_AUIBigB

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    Everyone,

To help with the I D of Chinook, go to SRG Lures face book page, or srglures.com and you will see a nice Chinook that was caught at Anderson Ranch approximately 5-6 weeks ago. Great picture and you can see the shape and color to expect when a person catches a Chinook there
    Hey, I know that guy........

Default chinook

nice to see every body getting along, I boated 3 last summer, just wasn't quite ready to give up for the year. thanks everybody!!!

Default smoky

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Lp today slow got 5 ( small - next years fish ) lost a lot should have limited we did better than some we talked to

LP today man it was smoky slow slow 3 hits 3 fish 3 releases as were small - 20 boats for awhile - then everyone left by one pm - pink spawners not hitting - last three trips all have been next years fish

Well Nite Hawk got banned, god for bid you direct people away from the forum moderaters buddy's website that sells tackle. I'm over this bull**** forum, bunch rookies that have no clue trying to get free info on the internet an still can't catch fish. Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipjack24 View Post
    Well Nite Hawk got banned, god for bid you direct people away from the forum moderaters buddy's website that sells tackle. I'm over this bull**** forum, bunch rookies that have no clue trying to get free info on the internet an still can't catch fish. Out.

What do you mean he got banned? That guy has tons of knowledge and is always willing to share info.

There's got to be more to it. He did have a couple of confrontational posts, but not everybody can or has to be politically correct. A little drama doesn't constitute being banned, so there must be something else going on.

Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast