Page 38 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by callelk View Post
    I agree with trek. I am in a small boat trolling and someone goes out of their way to see what I am doing, at full speed, at 10 feet away. Better yet the fool that goes out of their way to show off how big a wake they can make for the fat slob surfing behind their boat and then cuts right in front of you.

I don't wish ill on any one but Saturday when some "boater" ripped his outdrive off pulling his boat out of the water after pulling in front of me when I was going to get my trailer, well, that was funny as.....well, any $5,000.00 bo-bo!
    I can't believe anyone would think ripping a outdrive off a boat is any kind of funny or humorous. I own a jet boat and use both LP and Arrowrock. I see fisherman PLOWING the the water thinking they are doing people a favor. when in fact they are worse then going by 35. I do agree you need to keep your distance. I see fishing boat go blasting by at 35?
    We all have a right to share the lakes and be respectful of other humans. Oh wait........ we laugh and think it funny when bad things happen to others.
    I to also avoid the lakes during the week-ends. But some friends don't have the weekdays off and we have to deal with people who have zero respect.
    They are Selfish and self centered.
    Did the gentleman ever find his motor cover? I saw lots of people say they saw it. I saw him at the lake that morning. I felt bad for him. I can't speak for the rest of you. But 10 out of 10 time when I see someone in trouble I stop and ask if they need help. not drive by and laugh.
    Have a great summer and catch LOTS of fish. My fishing for the season is done because of work. But I will tell you. I would be up there at 5 am and fish until limits or noon and go home and take a nap :) That way the skiers can have there fun and I don't have to sit in 90 degree weather........

I don't think anyone finds real joy in seeing a piece wrecked up...but sometimes you gotta scratch your head in bewilderment... Last year we were heading in on Arrowrock from fishing as a squall came up outta nowhere...we got in and trailered just in time but there was one boat still out in it...we waited a bit just in case and sure enough they rounded the bend heading in...the swells hit whitecaps at three feet...pounding into shore on the north side ramp...when the guys pulled up in this gorgeous red Lund I yelled out to them to through me their keys and I'd bring their truck down for them...the intent was to save the boat getting hammered...well...they declined my offer...which I understand...don't want some guy you don't know in your rig...but needless to say it went south quickly for them...the boat got slammed repeatedly on the rocks and the outboard got pounded six ways to Sunday...we had to go into the surf to help them lift it off the bank to get out and on the trailer...
    It just sucks...cuz really I could have spared them a lot of misery had they given me the keys...just sayin

Says 5000 4" Fall Chinook on F&G website

Default How many boats?

Had a knee replacement in February, and finely got the boat in the water yesterday at LP. Only two or three boats on the water early. By 10:00 about twenty were on the water. Pick up only two, small, and medium koke. We left about noon with bad gimbal bearing. I want to be back out a soon as the repair is made. I only fish week on days, how many boats are on the water at Arrowrock on week days. Has the road been graded this year?

I cannot tell you if the road has been graded or not this year but last saturday it was not too bad. Not great but i have seen it much worse. There were about 10 boats or so in the confluence and another 20 or so working the stretch across from the ramp. By the time we left which was only 1pm it was full on boat ramp follies with everything you can imagine to include folks covering their boat at the ramp, people covering thier boat at the top of ramp blocking others from backing down, which in turn backed up traffic on the main road, to one dude with a big fibergalss cruiser needing 3 people in the water to guide his boat on the trailer.....

Heading up. Where's the action? The dam end or the far end?

I an too damn old, to deal with selfish, ignorant, idiot people any more. It is surprising someone does not get into a fight. It is hard to believe that someone would tarp a boat and/ or prep a boat to launch on a ramp. That ramp is not the best ramp around. I can launch okay, but my trailer and boat are not easy to get out of the water. But you were their on a Saturday. That is why I try to stay off any water on weekends. I wonder if it is better on weekdays?

Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon8r View Post
    I can't believe anyone would think ripping a outdrive off a boat is any kind of funny or humorous. I own a jet boat and use both LP and Arrowrock. I see fisherman PLOWING the the water thinking they are doing people a favor. when in fact they are worse then going by 35. I do agree you need to keep your distance. I see fishing boat go blasting by at 35?
    We all have a right to share the lakes and be respectful of other humans. Oh wait........ we laugh and think it funny when bad things happen to others.
    I to also avoid the lakes during the week-ends. But some friends don't have the weekdays off and we have to deal with people who have zero respect.
    They are Selfish and self centered.
    Did the gentleman ever find his motor cover? I saw lots of people say they saw it. I saw him at the lake that morning. I felt bad for him. I can't speak for the rest of you. But 10 out of 10 time when I see someone in trouble I stop and ask if they need help. not drive by and laugh.
    Have a great summer and catch LOTS of fish. My fishing for the season is done because of work. But I will tell you. I would be up there at 5 am and fish until limits or noon and go home and take a nap :) That way the skiers can have there fun and I don't have to sit in 90 degree weather........
    Thanks for asking about my Cowling. It was a no go. Your right, many kind folks told me exactly where they saw it but bu the time we pulled out and headed home it was gone. My Dad even took a drive the next day. Oh well, that's the way it goes. A $1.82 ring had to of failed, allowing the pin (.85)for the buckle assembly to come out ($8.00) which allowed the Cowling to fly off ($240.00) I agree it is always best to try and help those in need and even those who may be new to boating and are struggling at the ramps or dont know the etiquette. The ones I dealt with at the ramp last week knew better but just didnt care.

We last were there on Memorial Day and we limited by 2:00 and were in sight of the dam and ramp the whole day.
    A friend went Saturday and went to fall creek and did well. Hope that helps Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon8r View Post
    I can't believe anyone would think ripping a outdrive off a boat is any kind of funny or humorous.
    I think you missed it or I did not put it correctly, sorry, my point was there is no funny $5,000.00 bo-bo.

That said, I try to be polite and when I fish by myself, I leave my boat far enough back to allow someone to launch while I retrieve my vehicle. But my politeness ENDS when some douche sees me backing down the ramp and then pulls in front of my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by metalheadgene View Post
    Unfortunately as the population in our area grow's, the water maggot population will grow with it. The lack of common courtesy boggles the mind but not sure what to do about it with out breaking any laws.

On a more positve note, I am glad to hear some folks are getting limits. I cannot seem to get past 4 or 5 before it shuts off totally by 11 or noon.
    1st good weekend, beer, heat/humidity and heavy boats...don't expect the best from some people.

I agree with trek. I am in a small boat trolling and someone goes out of their way to see what I am doing, at full speed, at 10 feet away. Better yet the fool that goes out of their way to show off how big a wake they can make for the fat slob surfing behind their boat and then cuts right in front of you.

I don't wish ill on any one but Saturday when some "boater" ripped his outdrive off pulling his boat out of the water after pulling in front of me when I was going to get my trailer, well, that was funny as.....well, any $5,000.00 bo-bo!
    I agree with callelk. I fish by my self most of the time. My 18' I.O. is not easy to load by my self at Arrowrock. When someone does what this person did, all I can say is what comes around goes a round. Maybe if he was not such in a big hurry it may not have happened. No 5,000.00 dollar bo-bo is not funny, but I do get very tired of the “me first” people today

fished 530 am to 1030 am hooked 25 fish. pink, orange also made up some spin and glos 2 hooks 2 orange beads. pink and orange spin n glo and 1 more bead. made a straight pink one. Caught all our fish from Spring shores up. Stayed right out in the middle. 12-14 foot. all morning long. graphed lots of fish in 10-15 foot water. landed 3 trout. 3 of the kokes were small 6-8 inches. let them go. long lining seemed to work the best at first light. then the DR's started up
    Caught 2 fish on maggots but all others were on straight shoepeg from the can
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by kok-head View Post
    caught a bunch of these on 5/30, 19' and 22' on the riggers, started at first light and for about 2hrs couldn't buy a bite but then the sun started hitting the water and the bite turned on

Attachment 8077
    I think the Kokes like to sleep in, I never kill them in the morn. Maybe it is just me and my style?

Launched at 7, home by 11. Like kok-head, 15-17" fish, kept 4, tossed 1 little one (7-8") and lost 4. I tried every color but orange on my second rod and did not git a single hit......Orange with silver blades continue to be the only color that I can catch fish with.

Took my neighbor and his three year old daughter out yesterday. She had a great time showing up her dad as she landed six kokes and only lost one at the boat, while he lost his first four before finally landing two. Started fishing at 7:30 and cut the trip short and off the water by 11am (got to keep it interesting for the newbies). Fishing was pretty consistent through out the trip with most fish in the top 10 feet until 10am. Then had to move down to 10-15 feet on the riggers to keep the bite going. Brought home 8 kokes and two trout (she just didn't want to let the trout go) and had a great time.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Single Pole Catches all the fish

Launched at 7, home by 11. Like kok-head, 15-17" fish, kept 4, tossed 1 little one (7-8") and lost 4. I tried every color but orange on my second rod and did not git a single hit......Orange with silver blades continue to be the only color that I can catch fish with.
    Fished Saturday and we caught a limit (12)of fish averaging 15". The question is that I have an old pole (40+ years) that has a 4' steel rod and a massive fish reel with lead line over 20 years old. I keep threatening to throw it away but it always catches the fish. Saturday this pole landed 9 of the 12 fish we got. Had 4-1 more bites and when fished against an identical new pole with leaded line at the same depth and set up it outfished that pole 100%. We never had a bite. Fished with downriggers and caught the other 3 and 2 trout. This pole has always outfished anything else I have from Stanley Lake to Anderson Ranch.

Does anyone have any ideas.

We also used a hand held GPS and tried to mark our bites. Fished for 2 hours without a fish but finally caught one and began retracing the route. Pretty soon we had a space of about 30 yards that we hooked fish everytime through. The graph on my GPS was like totally "blacked out" by the end of the day in that "hot" stretch. I will always take it from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoLabs View Post
    ...Does anyone have any ideas.
    Sure....here's an idea ....if that rod works, use it. If a broomstick with a piece of string and a bent nail caught most of the fish I be using it. Maybe I misunderstood the question.
    Last edited by MackayGuy; 06-08-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoLabs View Post
    Fished Saturday and we caught a limit (12)of fish averaging 15". The question is that I have an old pole (40+ years) that has a 4' steel rod and a massive fish reel with lead line over 20 years old. I keep threatening to throw it away but it always catches the fish. Saturday this pole landed 9 of the 12 fish we got. Had 4-1 more bites and when fished against an identical new pole with leaded line at the same depth and set up it outfished that pole 100%. We never had a bite. Fished with downriggers and caught the other 3 and 2 trout. This pole has always outfished anything else I have from Stanley Lake to Anderson Ranch.

Does anyone have any ideas.
    Not sure what you are looking for but if its "why it out-fishes the other rods" its simple. I assume you use the same lures/gear on other rods so the only thing left is the line. The lead core on your old rod is fishing deeper or shallower than the others.

I ran two setups that were identical Sunday, same rods, reels, pop gear, wedding ring spinner and terminal gear. The rod set-back that was 140' caught the fish, regardless of which rod I used and I alternated between the two.

Drop down/raise another color or two on the other rods and see what happens.....

Default Follow up

Not sure what you are looking for but if its "why it out-fishes the other rods" its simple. I assume you use the same lures/gear on other rods so the only thing left is the line. The lead core on your old rod is fishing deeper or shallower than the others.

I ran two setups that were identical Sunday, same rods, reels, pop gear, wedding ring spinner and terminal gear. The rod set-back that was 140' caught the fish, regardless of which rod I used and I alternated between the two.

Drop down/raise another color or two on the other rods and see what happens.....
    I guess what I was asking is if there is any info that the vibration or electro-magnetic field off a solid steel pole cold be the difference. That seems to be the big difference in my set ups.

Default Full pool

Quote Originally Posted by jbruegeman View Post
    Went up again Sunday a little harder caught 30 but had to work for them. The size about the same
    Now that the lake is at full pool, do you think that will help the fishing? Also, want to share the area you have been fishing?
    Remember June 13 is free fishing day in Idaho.

TwoLabs, I know I don't want to be in your boat when the lightening starts. LOL!

Maybe new lead core isn't really lead anymore?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

New member first post. I've been watching this forum for a year now but finally decided to contribute. Went out last night 06/08 after 5:30pm and had decent luck. I caught 5 kokes and 2 trout halfway between charcoal creek and birch creek. Pink GLO dodger with UV clear/pink GLO hoochie on 8" leader for more action. Tried running a green dodger/hoochie setup and smaller pop gear with orange wedding ring but no luck. The dodger/hoochie rig with firecorn didn't amount to much, however, the dodger rig with mikes garlic salmon eggs caught everything so I'm assuming the kokes are aggression striking. Fishing picked up about 7:30-9:30. 25-40 ft depth. 1.6 to 2.0 mph. Ran into two people that went to the springs shores area and had very little action.

Thanks for the report, and more importantly, thanks for joining the group. Look forward to hearing much more from you. Mike

Page 38 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast