Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Anybody been to Anderson yet his year?

Quote Originally Posted by armyducker View Post
    Anybody been to Anderson yet his year?
    Went up with campdog today.

Boat ramp was full of snow, and the snow plow piled snow blocking any access to the area, including surrounding areas where you could possibly launch from the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDude View Post
    Went up with campdog today.

Boat ramp was full of snow, and the snow plow piled snow blocking any access to the area, including surrounding areas where you could possibly launch from the beach.
    Were you by the dam or the other end?

Quote Originally Posted by armyducker View Post
    Were you by the dam or the other end?
    Dam,

I believe the other end was frozen, however campdog can confirm.

So elk creek ramp is snowed in?

Snow plowed in is more like it... they blocked it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDude View Post
    Snow plowed in is more like it... they blocked it on purpose.
    Heard they were working on the elk creek ramp, guess that's a bogus report

The ice edge is at Fall creek with no access from there to the dam. It will probably be a month before the snow bank the plows left behind to melt.

I was at Sportsman in Boise. On their fishing board to expect poor fishing at Anderson in 2016. Has anyone heard anything about this, was there a problem with reproduction, water levels .... ?

Yes lots of flooding on the river the last two year have caused the lose of much of the returning fish. Might take two year before the fishing returns. Sad but can't do much about mother nature

Was up to LP this morning , several putting in at Turners . How is the fishing?? Saw some ice at Spring Shores .

What's the latest fishing report. Saw several boats out this morning along with bank fishing.

I did not catch any but I saw a few boated, but not many. Ice is up mores creek but Spring shores just has chunks drifting by.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoVal View Post
    What's the latest fishing report. Saw several boats out this morning along with bank fishing.
    Was out there with campdog 4 bites 0 fish.

2 of them got off 20ft from the boat and 2 were not hooked when removed from the downrigger clip.

After that it was very slow.

Water rose 5ft since yesterday, fish are scattered and a lot of the places on the water is full of full trees and such so be careful.

How do we start a new sticky for 2026

I live in Fairfield, and it's finally warmed up! The snow is melting fast, we went from 20" to 15" of snow just yesterday. It's supposed to stay warm too....

Quote Originally Posted by GeoVal View Post
    How do we start a new sticky for 2026
    sawtooth and gonefishing are moderators for the Idaho Kokanee Fishing Forum. They can create a new sticky for Lucky Peak. We need the new one for this year.

First trip to LP this year. Fishing was slow. Trolling for 4 hrs. 4 bites and caught 2 small Kokanee. I release them both. There were many fishing boats on the lake I just wander how they do?

Found a canvas bow cover at Tuner Gulch. PM me if that was yours.
    Last edited by fish4kok; 02-16-2016 at 10:14 PM.

I, too, made my first trip to Lucky Peak on Monday. The wind was a bit much in the morning so I went up to Charcoal Gulch and the Cove Rec area. I had my son-in-law with me. I caught one kokanee and he caught a rainbow. Two bites, two fish. We fished about 5 hours. As frequently happens, the wind was calm when we got off about 3:00. It was nice to be out on the water even though the catching was a little slow. Sounds like the water supply should be reasonable this year.

Physion

Default 2016 Lucky Peak Kokanee Fishing Report

Good Luck at Lucky Peak this year.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default 2016 Dworshak Kokanee Fishing Report

Good Luck fishing Dworshak this year.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default 2016 Arrowrock Kokanee Fishing Report

Good Luck at Arrowrock this year.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default 2016 Anderson Ranch Kokanee Fishing Report

Good Luck this year at Anderson Ranch.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

First trip to LP on Tuesday with my buddy in his boat. Launched at Spring Shores, hoping to go down through the narrows to fish above Goose Neck bay. Ran into ice completely blocking the entrance to the narrows, about 4" thick. We tried unsuccessfully to plow through it so we fished the bay and upper area for a few hours. Got nothing, no bites at all. So by early afternoon, we ventured back over to the narrows. This time we were actually successful in breaking through and creating a new Northwest Passage'. :) It was quite an adventure in getting through about 40 yards of 4" thick ice. Luckily, the ice was not solid. It was like a honeycomb. So with a little persistence, we made it through. We even went back and forth a few times to break it up even more, which enabled a few other boats to come through. We then fished above Goose Neck bay for a couple of hours. Had only one bite which my buddy landed, kind of a scrawny 12" Kokanee. But I'm sure it will still smoke-up nicely. :) By the time we headed back through the narrows, half the ice was gone, so it was easy to make our way through. So, a slow day fishing, but a great day out on the water breaking up ice on the SS Ice-breaker. I've attached a few pictures. Hope they show up. First picture is our first attempt to break through in the morning. Not successful. Next two show our path in the afternoon and the last pic shows what the ice looked like and how thick it was. Kind of crazy fun!

KokaneeKevin

Attachment 8364

Attachment 8365

Attachment 8366

Attachment 8367

Nailed 3nice Kokes by white pipe. 20' down on pink wedding ring tipped with maggots Firecorn, procure anise krill oil. Great sunny afternoon tue.

Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast