Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by kok-head View Post
    they are, i have a basic fish finder and im able to run past the fish at speed (25-30mph) to get an approximation of their depth, then ill run down past em 100-200yds and get my gear/rods set up and give em a chance to settle down before i troll back through them

at first light we were hooking fish at 5' and 10' deep on the downriggers and using 50-60' setbacks, later in the day we were fishing at 6' and 8' and couldnt buy a bite til we adjusted our setbacks to 80-150' and got back into the fish again, and later in the day we have to drag the gear past em 2-3 times to get a bite instead of draggin the gear by once at 530am and having 2 rods bouncing on the first pass

also of the 11 kokanee we brought to the back of the boat 9 were still alive and my 10' net (salmon net with a push broom handle pressed into net handle) helps a ton, for fish that stayed hooked within the first few seconds of releasing from the riggers we were 9 for 9 on boating them
    Yep, never gave the set back much thought ( I assume the line out before attaching to clip ) always used about 15 feet or so. Now I will setback further and experiment. Thanks

Since you are going to be at AR on Tuesday, as are we, why don't you give us a shout. We will be in a blue and alum. hewescraft with a 75 and 8 Yamahas and a grey top. We can compare notes and excuses!! We will be fishing on the Pine end, south of the ramp. Mike and Kali

We will be some where around there monday mid day, have to look for a place to camp......Will try to look you up after a morning fish Tues. I will be in my retro red 1958 P14 vhull with a old 1974 40hp johnson...lol Al

Fished 7:30 to noon caught 1 limit 15" to 17". Dodger and hoochie on the downrigger 30'-35' back 30 FOW only had one hit on the other DR @ 20'-25'. Happy fathers day to all.
    White 1875 Lund Impact & Scotty downriggers

Hit the dam end on Sat, and didn't find or hook into anything for the first two hours. Then we located stuff in the water at about 35 ft on the depth finder, and picked up double after double from about noon - 2 pm. Maybe it was the wind picking up and a bit of overcast moving in that helped. As the day went on we found a large salmon dodger (talking full size ocean version... was actually hunting for a chinook or two) was a real kokanee slayer. Other rods got nothing, but the big silver dodger could barely get down to 40 without a hookup.

BTW, anyone know the story behind the snowman stuck on a tree just up from shore?

It's finally happening....got 44 in two days by myself last weekend. Couple hours worth of fishing each morning. Was silly good, couldn't even sit down most of the time, with 2 rods on 2 DRs. It was drop a ball-catch a fish, re-rig, repeat. All in Merrys Bay area, troll patterns were short, pretty much circled over a school or two or three the whole time. Everything was about 15-25 feet. Blue/white wedding ring with chartreuse gulp maggots. Lost a record number of fish on Sunday, should have been limited in a few hours. Was worth the wait, although the fish are indeed small. 8-9". Just the right size to get 4 in a pint jar.

Fished solo Saturday 7-11 am and caught only three. Out 4 colors on the lead core one pole with silver and gold dodger with orange hoochie produced one 17 incher. The willow leaf with orange kokobow produced two also on lead core four colors out. Fished up and down the shores across from the marina but only hooked up at the point directly across from the marina
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Hit Anderson again and did well. Sling blade and clear pink Shasta mini-hoochie at 31' caught most of the fish. Had to work a little harder for them this time. We ended up with 20 and got off the water by ll, but considering how many massive schools we would go through with no action seemed to indicate they weren't too interested. Our Jack Lloyd flashers and wedding ring caught most of the fish last week, but was dead most of the morning. Go figure. They do seem to be putting on the weight quickly. All were very nice fish. Cookie cutters all! One of the kokes asked me why they hadn't seen Lunddude up there for some time!!! Mike

Thanks for the update Mike. Avery and I are trying to figure out what to do over my next days off. SF Chinook or Anderson kokes. Leaning towards Anderson at this point. It's going to be hot!

No kidding about the heat. Did you see the report on this site re Cascade? A lot cooler option for sure. But the fishing is pretty good at Anderson for sure. If you need any details re Anderson, PM me. Mike

Still somewhat new to posting here, so I was a little slow in getting this post out... Had a pretty successful fishing trip to Anderson Ranch this past Sunday - Father's Day - with my wife. Started at the top (across from Curlew). Marked tons of fish there (so many and so constant I thought maybe my fishfinder was acting up). Almost all were in the 10'-15' range, but didn’t get one bite from that group. We were fishing with 1 to 2 ½ oz of lead, trying several different dodgers and ford fenders, but no luck. Several boats were out there, but I only saw one fish caught - on a ford fender. By late-morning, I tried using my 'new-to-me' downrigger (a used Scotty 1100) - in the same area. First time out with it and first time using one like that. I set it at 35’, using a sling blade and a pink hoochie. Within 3 minutes, I had my first hookup. It did not feel like a Kokanee, so I let him take lots of line out and he played me for about 20 seconds, but then threw the hook. I saw him for several seconds flopping on the surface after he threw the hook - about 50-75' out, then he disappeared. So I re-set up the downrigger and went back to the same area. About a half hour later, I had another very similar hookup. This time I cranked down a bit on the drag, trying to force him in. Again after a short run, he threw the hook and was gone. In both situations, I swear it did not feel like a Kokanee, that I felt some heft to both of them. Could I have had one of those Chinook on that I've heard about? Can’t say for sure, but I guess I need to improve my technique to land whatever they were. But by noon, we still had no fish on-board. So we headed down to Fall Creek. Within minutes there, we were into the Kokanees. Cruised back and forth across the inlet, catching a few 16 inchers and the rest 15 inchers - all fat. After 2 ½ hours, we had 10 in the boat. 7 were caught on ford fenders and hoochies with 2oz lead, 50'-60' behind the boat, and 3 were caught with my downrigger, setting it to either 20' or 25', still using the sling blade and pink hoochie. We had one double on my two poles and landed both (my wife is great at netting! ) and only lost one (a quick hookup that was on and off in a few second) while at Fall Creek. All-in-all, a slow-starting, but great Father's Day! Kevin
    Beige Targa V16 Tracker with green canopy and 75 Merc 4-stroke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1283.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	574.3 KB 
ID:	8125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kokes_AndRanch.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	544.2 KB 
ID:	8126  

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Hit Anderson again and did well. Sling blade and clear pink Shasta mini-hoochie at 31' caught most of the fish. Had to work a little harder for them this time. We ended up with 20 and got off the water by ll, but considering how many massive schools we would go through with no action seemed to indicate they weren't too interested. Our Jack Lloyd flashers and wedding ring caught most of the fish last week, but was dead most of the morning. Go figure. They do seem to be putting on the weight quickly. All were very nice fish. Cookie cutters all! One of the kokes asked me why they hadn't seen Lunddude up there for some time!!! Mike
    Lunddude's just waiting for them kokanee to get a little bigger Mike LOL!!

Sounds like you decided to go to AR instead of Magic? seems like it worked out pretty good for you.

We're actually planning on going over for the 4th for a few days hope to find a Chinook or 2 to play with.

well iam the oddball, fished monday,, unlike watching many other boats and talking to folks who did well, i had nothing but a few bass while taking a kokanee break,,,,marked fish just up from big eddy and all over to indian canyon to 50' depth, ran dr's varied depths to the fish and used ff to watch my lines going thru the schools, used about everything in the box and nothing 😳 talked to a nice couple after we loaded our boats and they had 22 all very small, they were running jackaloid type long flashers with 2oz inline weight 55' out and scented corn...seems like in the past i always did well when i wasnt trying so hard😁

howdy gentlemen. been awhile since I posted or even fished for kokanee. couple years or so. well i'm back at it with a new boat and getting her rigged up for some koke action. was thinking of heading up to Anderson sunday, since it's going to be so cool. just curious if it's still on fire? any reports from the last couple days? thanks in advance and tight lines, all!!

Picked up a limit of kokes today between 7am and 11am. Boat traffic got a little crazy so I was glad to get off the lake when I did. Most of the fish are between 15' down to 30' on the downriggers. Started at 15 and worked my way down as the temp. and boating activity increased. Caught fish in several locations, so once you find a feeding school just stay with them until the bite slows down. Pink/clear hoochies and pink/red spinners behind slingblades where the ticket for me. Get out there early as boat traffic picks up after 10am. Good Luck.
    Last edited by sawtooth; 06-27-2015 at 06:05 PM.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    Fished Ririe 3 days this week. I Actually had to use technics that I have not used in years and never used at Ririe, but once I got it down, myself and 2 riders pulled in our limits each day. The colors changed on Wed afternoon, but otherwise we had consitant catching going on each day. Large numbers of smaller fish this year, but we did catch a few 14-16" fish. Also we caught a fair number of trout using various lures etc. Fishing is pretty good right now, but the water is algae green which makes for using more flash to get the fishes attention.
    I am visiting from Northern Nevada next week and plan to fish Ririe one day. I have done a lot of kokanee fishing at Stampede Res in CA this spring with pretty good results. I would certainly appreciate any tips from experienced Ririe anglers. Thank you in advance

When are you going to be here? Will be glad to help!

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    When are you going to be here? Will be glad to help!
    Thank you. We are staying in Rexburg July3-6 and plan to fish Ririe on the 6th

I fished midday Thursday. Did alright, 17 in a couple hours. Mostly across from Elk River. I think that is too high up, when I got down by the dam the finder was lit up all over the place. Going back in the morning, see if we can scare up a few between the dam and Merrys Bay.

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Will send you my phone # in a PM. Give me a call the 5th, if that works for you.

Picked up a limit on Saturday and lost 4, Sunday was almost a bust as I was dragging around 4-5” trout for no one knows how long that would not release the clip or even make the pole bend. Did bring home one nice 17” though.

On Saturday the skiers stayed home until 11 or so, Sunday they were out by 8am. Lot of boats fishing but I did not see a lot of action either day.

Anyone been trying the dam? Seen a few boats there and across from the ramps when I was leaving yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by callelk View Post
    Anyone been trying the dam? Seen a few boats there and across from the ramps when I was leaving yesterday.
    Buddy fished near dam for awhile on Saturday with little luck and marked only a few fish. He later moved on to other waters and found more active fish.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Wondering if anyone fished at Anderson this weekend? If so whats the word, I am trying to get up there later this week and get a few more fish for the freezer before the weekend zoo occurs.

I took my granddaughter a week ago and we didn't do very well. Starting at Spring Shores, are people doing better going towards Arrowrock or down reservoir towards the dam? I'm not looking for a specific spot, but I would like to know which direction to try first. You can send me a pm if you'd prefer to not post your thoughts.

Thanks

Physion

Quote Originally Posted by Physion View Post
    I took my granddaughter a week ago and we didn't do very well. Starting at Spring Shores, are people doing better going towards Arrowrock or down reservoir towards the dam? I'm not looking for a specific spot, but I would like to know which direction to try first. You can send me a pm if you'd prefer to not post your thoughts.

Thanks

Physion
    I have caught them 50 yards in front of the eastern dock early (7-8am) and have stayed in the deep channel just south of Mores Creek and trolled toward the dam 1/2 mile or so. That is where I have graphed the most over the last 3 weeks.

That said, could not keep pikeminnows off my lures last Saturday in the narrows and they must have just planted little trout because as I mentioned, I drug them all around the lake.

Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast