Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2088

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    I fished the marina this morning. Caught 5 kokanee. 2oz weight 50-135 ft of line. I also bagged my first lucky peak chinook! Here is a picture of the beast.
    I am thinking of targeting the Chinook the next time I go up. I caught one last year that was about 24" but that was early May and I was long-lining without weight. What depth do you think you were fishing? I take it that 135' with a 2 oz at 1.5 MPH puts you down to 35-40' or so.
    Last edited by callelk; 07-10-2016 at 09:41 AM.

I caught the chinook at 18-20'. You might want to give it a few years before you target them. That one was maybe 6". They just planted them for the first time in recent years 5-24-2016.

https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/...%20peak&body=2

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    I caught the chinook at 18-20'. You might want to give it a few years before you target them. That one was maybe 6". They just planted them for the first time in recent years 5-24-2016.

https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/...%20peak&body=2
    I read that and see most of the tiny Koke's near the launch at Spring Shores....there are thousands of them. There are some large swim bladder marks at 50-60 feet and I am thinking they are salmanoid of some sort. I have a jig rod setup but every time I want to try jigging I have my limit and the ski fools and putz water crafters are starting to show up. I have a freezer full of salmon, trout and perch so I may just play around next weekend.

Default LP is on

Fished from 6.30am to 3pm Saturday.

Caught over 25 (kind of lost count) to the boat with only 2 poles and DR setups dragging green and orange wedding ring/silver hammer blade behind a small silver orange multi blade flashers at 7' to 14'. We were catching fish consistently right up to the time we had to head out. Five were BIG nice 3 year fish! The rest were the 14 to 15 variety which are great until you compare them with the double sized nice ones. Tried a tuna oil, Mike's blue herring soaked shoe peg solution and it was magic. Dunk the entire lure in it and they liked it. We could find several nice groups in the 20 to 35 depth but they weren't interested in our offering. Nailed a big one on the way down at 10 feet after an hour of mediocre action at 20' with those 14" fish and that ended up being the answer. Once we figured out that they were on top it was pretty much a hit every couple minutes. Switched all of the my WR spinners to a #6 treble and we upped our boated rate notably. Lost two of the larger version fish way out but the rest were hooked up solid.

We also marked our first large fish catch location and caught all of the big fish from that group in a 100 yard stretch going with and against the wind. Lesson there is obviously find that winning spot and work it til it quits producing. Only four or five boats around us most of the day and none were in our super sweet spot. They were all along the rock wall on the East Side by Charcoal Creek. We caught a lot of smalls there but the big kids were out away from the bank and more towards the next big opening. I guess the armada was up by the marina since there weren't many boats in our area and they didn't really stay around long.

I'm also very happy to report that LP kokes are not turned off by a fine cigar! Once we had so many it really didn't matter if we caught fish we fired up and really went to relaxing. Fish kept cutting into our leisure time! Perfect day.....

Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    Fished from 6.30am to 3pm Saturday.

Caught over 25 (kind of lost count) to the boat with only 2 poles and DR setups dragging green and orange wedding ring/silver hammer blade behind a small silver orange multi blade flashers at 7' to 14'. We were catching fish consistently right up to the time we had to head out. Five were BIG nice 3 year fish! The rest were the 14 to 15 variety which are great until you compare them with the double sized nice ones. Tried a tuna oil, Mike's blue herring soaked shoe peg solution and it was magic. Dunk the entire lure in it and they liked it. We could find several nice groups in the 20 to 35 depth but they weren't interested in our offering. Nailed a big one on the way down at 10 feet after an hour of mediocre action at 20' with those 14" fish and that ended up being the answer. Once we figured out that they were on top it was pretty much a hit every couple minutes. Switched all of the my WR spinners to a #6 treble and we upped our boated rate notably. Lost two of the larger version fish way out but the rest were hooked up solid.

We also marked our first large fish catch location and caught all of the big fish from that group in a 100 yard stretch going with and against the wind. Lesson there is obviously find that winning spot and work it til it quits producing. Only four or five boats around us most of the day and none were in our super sweet spot. They were all along the rock wall on the East Side by Charcoal Creek. We caught a lot of smalls there but the big kids were out away from the bank and more towards the next big opening. I guess the armada was up by the marina since there weren't many boats in our area and they didn't really stay around long.

I'm also very happy to report that LP kokes are not turned off by a fine cigar! Once we had so many it really didn't matter if we caught fish we fired up and really went to relaxing. Fish kept cutting into our leisure time! Perfect day.....

Yes the bite is on I agree that if ya find em , stay on em - we ran away for awhile looking and came right back and started catching again - we long line at about 15-20 ft depth . I think a lot of down rigger guys are fishing under them - was a great day - I also agree that we ought to kick back any Chinooks as they are in there for a reason - anyway the small ones are going to be mushy to eat - looks like we have a long time yet as I saw no blush on any of the big ones - any one caught a 20 in yet?

Default Anderson share

I have some to share. Fished Sunday 7:30 to 3:00. Rain and wind came up and got nasty for a bit after that. Wind was a factor all day but came and went. Tried what we did last week and got nothing. Adjusted tell we found the schools at 50' to 60' started to produce. Best was dark colored lures with dark color dodgers. Black and silver dodger with black kokabow spinner and dark purple and pink dark blue kokabow spinner. Long lines did not work so well any thing we did. Down rigger at 60 was the best

kenbarb.
    Thanks for the link. Technology is not my friend and the help every one has given is great. Looking forward to this trip and all the info has helped a lot. Only been out a couple times this year and the luck hasn't been very good. My grandson thinks the old guy has lost his touch this year. lol
    FFA

Fished from 5:30 - 10:30pm on monday. About 6-8 hits and landed 4 and lost 1. All fish were on the same pole. Long lining green dodger with a pink hoochie tipped with corn. One fish was a big 18 incher and the rest were 16. We had 2 dowriggers set at 20" but for some reason coundnt get a bite on those. Saw some people netting some fish.

Great day trolling 6-1pm . 10 kokes on drs at 22' at point across from marina. Pink slingeblades and pink 1.5" hoochies tipped wth anise firecorn and koke procure gel. 8' lamiglass rods. Off to the smoker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0772.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	8697  
    team Zigzag

Default Anderson share

How is it at Anderson after the week end? How deep and what is working if some one would share?

My buddy fished yesterday and caught 6 fishing pink hoochies 60 ft deep in the curlew-lime creek area. I was by there this morning and there were 5-6 boats fishing in that area when I drove by

Default another banner day at LP

Fished the rock wall to charcoal bay and boated 20 lost at least 6 and had a crazy amount of hits with no hook up w/2 guys 2 DR's one extra pole long lining. We think that they are grabbing at the flashers? Caught four trout but that was running an orange white triple teaser long line. That one did catch a kokanee which surprised me. A half dozen nice three year fish but the majority are 14". The bulk of the action continues to be orange wedding ring behind an orange and silver four blade flasher small size. Tuna/mikes blue giz corn combo. We got three early on green but they went to orange very early about exactly as the sun got on the water. The action early was at 6'! We set the rigs 50ft back on the DR and wammo. By 1pm we had to go to 16' but got hits right up until we had to get going. Not much action for the few around us but a couple guys asked and we set them in the right direction. The surprise was that they were so active up high. Marked a bunch of nice groups in the 30's but never could get any takers down there. I suspect that you need to go darker and bigger at that depth and orange on the top is so active now it's hard not to stick with it.

Great day fishing with my elderly Dad for the first time in years. We used to slay the kokes on LP 25 years ago. I got a much better outfit for "us" old guys to fish out of now and it was very worth it! Might go back to the marina area tomorrow for a change of scenery.

Fish on.........

Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    Fished the rock wall to charcoal bay and boated 20 lost at least 6 and had a crazy amount of hits with no hook up w/2 guys 2 DR's one extra pole long lining. We think that they are grabbing at the flashers? Caught four trout but that was running an orange white triple teaser long line. That one did catch a kokanee which surprised me. A half dozen nice three year fish but the majority are 14". The bulk of the action continues to be orange wedding ring behind an orange and silver four blade flasher small size. Tuna/mikes blue giz corn combo. We got three early on green but they went to orange very early about exactly as the sun got on the water. The action early was at 6'! We set the rigs 50ft back on the DR and wammo. By 1pm we had to go to 16' but got hits right up until we had to get going. Not much action for the few around us but a couple guys asked and we set them in the right direction. The surprise was that they were so active up high. Marked a bunch of nice groups in the 30's but never could get any takers down there. I suspect that you need to go darker and bigger at that depth and orange on the top is so active now it's hard not to stick with it.

Great day fishing with my elderly Dad for the first time in years. We used to slay the kokes on LP 25 years ago. I got a much better outfit for "us" old guys to fish out of now and it was very worth it! Might go back to the marina area tomorrow for a change of scenery.

Fish on.........
    today at Lp only put 5 in cooler BUT they where 16-18 inchers threw back a lot of small ones- caught 1 tiny Chinook - hope they grow up

Fished 6-9pm. And we forgot the net unfortunately. Had 5 bites and brought two nice sized fish to the boat and lost them. Hooked into one BIG fish that stripped about 50 yards of line then snapped it all off from the reel itself. Landed 2 bass and 1 trout that hit the hoochies and one pike minnow on a five of diamonds. Used dodgers with hoochies tipped with showpeg corn and 2 oz. weights.We landed almost ever species of fishin lucky peak EXCEPT the ones we were after.
    Last edited by John123987; 07-14-2016 at 01:38 AM.

fished from 5pm to 930pm yesterday. Mainly trying out the new boat. Going from a 15 foot bass boat, to a 22 foot jet boat is kind of overwhelming, lol. We did do alright, though. Boated 7 koks and 1 nice trout. We lost 6 as well. All the action was on green doggers with pink hoochie. 16 feet was the magic number, but we did get the trout and one kok on the long line.
    Had this duck fly in and almost hit the boat. She followed us around for at least an hour.
    Here is the pic of the fillets. Can anyone tell which two are from the trout? I cant from the pic, it was very niced sized and very pink.
    And a pic of the new boat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13686730_10206451489634718_1531958209634017317_n.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	8700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160713_12_36_18_Pro.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	8701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160713_18_51_42_Pro.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	8702
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Quote Originally Posted by rem40xb1 View Post
    My buddy fished yesterday and caught 6 fishing pink hoochies 60 ft deep in the curlew-lime creek area. I was by there this morning and there were 5-6 boats fishing in that area when I drove by
    Thanks for the info

Hit the marina area for a change. Super busy right of the bat from 7 am then things slowed at and it was then really slow around 11. 11ft today with our standard orange wr spinner setup. Only needed the two dr poles again as it's just too much work to manage any more. We got one monster thick good one that I thought was going to be our magic 20 but he was a Kellen Moore 20. I almost stomped him to get that extra half inch but decided not. That thing fought hard and stripped out line 30 ft from the boat. WHAT FUN! Several 17" and one 18" to go with Daddy Big. Also the standard dozen little ones too. I got some flack from another boat for letting go a couple of little ones. (all good natured)

Caught a perch today up in Robie by accident. The place was thick with fish and I wanted to see what they were. 8" perch!

Also note that same small hen mallard landed in my boat (well on it.... seat) yesterday. It had a four or five second stare down with my cow dog and decided that this was not a good idea..they both seemed very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    fished from 5pm to 930pm yesterday. Mainly trying out the new boat. Going from a 15 foot bass boat, to a 22 foot jet boat is kind of overwhelming, lol. We did do alright, though. Boated 7 koks and 1 nice trout. We lost 6 as well. All the action was on green doggers with pink hoochie. 16 feet was the magic number, but we did get the trout and one kok on the long line.
    Had this duck fly in and almost hit the boat. She followed us around for at least an hour.
    Here is the pic of the fillets. Can anyone tell which two are from the trout? I cant from the pic, it was very niced sized and very pink.
    And a pic of the new boat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13686730_10206451489634718_1531958209634017317_n.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	8700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160713_12_36_18_Pro.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	8701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160713_18_51_42_Pro.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	8702
    That's nice big boat with a lot of room for the family eh? Congratulation.
    Fished LP today from 9:30 ~ 2:30PM, it was slow. boated 3 kok 12" ~ 14" and released a 14" rainbow trout. All the fish I caught with DR at 12' with Forfender + WR and shoepeg corn + scent.
    The single mallard sometime follow my boat too. I gave her some old bread then she's happy. I had a picture that she took food from my wife hand. :) Last year I filmed a mallard that land on my boat platform for a short drive, then when the distance between her and the male duck (on the lake) greater then she jumped off and swim toward the male. Didn't see any duckling this year yet.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default anderson

fished mon. afternoon and tue thru fri mornings. they were biteing good mon. then slowed the rest of the week. finally got a combo that worked today red dodger and red kokabo spinner at 50 to 60 ft, 2 nice kokes and 1 Chinook,,seemed like if you had everything right you caught a few. was still very slow

Quote Originally Posted by John123987 View Post
    Fished 6-9pm. And we forgot the net unfortunately. Had 5 bites and brought two nice sized fish to the boat and lost them. Hooked into one BIG fish that stripped about 50 yards of line then snapped it all off from the reel itself. Landed 2 bass and 1 trout that hit the hoochies and one pike minnow on a five of diamonds. Used dodgers with hoochies tipped with showpeg corn and 2 oz. weights.We landed almost ever species of fishin lucky peak EXCEPT the ones we were after.
    big fish snapped my line too. Bringing out the heavy trolling rod sunday to catch him
    team Zigzag

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    big fish snapped my line too. Bringing out the heavy trolling rod sunday to catch him

my last trip one snapped one hoochie hook off ( it was 10 lb.test ) so I think my 20 incher is in there

What shape and size are the Chinook?
    We caught 1 Chinook a few days ago and it was getting very pink in color.
    Are they still good eating at that stage or are they better smoking material?
    The one we caught was maybe 4-5#.
    It sure seems like the Kokanee numbers caught are less than last year but the average size is up some.

Default chinook size

the nooks I've caught have been about 18". were just as silver as 3 weeks ago.

A few weeks ago I had two lines stacked on one downrigger. I had a hit that broke my 8lb test right off and I was sure I had lost my favorite lure which I didnt have a duplicate of. A few seconds later I had a hit on my other line and reeled in a 14" koke and in tow he also had my flasher and favorite lure I thought I had lost..

It was probably a kokanee changing color. Chinook don't turn pink. They go from chrome silver to a dark color.

Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast