Thread: 2014 Wallowa Lake Fishing Reports

Default 2014 Wallowa Lake Fishing Reports

Happy New Year everyone, good fishing in 2014.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Any reports???????????
    Take time before time takes you

Too early yet I think, have not heard any noise at all.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Kokanee Kombine fished it a while back and the fish size is the same with an occasional 11".

i did a quick search on the internet and found that last year wallowa was stocked with roughly 28K rainbows, how is the fishing generally for the rainbow trout in wallowa? and do ya'll hook many rainbows over 20"?

hopefully the bows gobble up lots of the smaller kokanee in the next few years so ya'll can have a trophy kokanee fishery again soon
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

kok-head, back when the lake was pumping out record Kokes every other month, some of my buddies were catching rainbows to 6 - 7 lbs.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    kok-head, back when the lake was pumping out record Kokes every other month, some of my buddies were catching rainbows to 6 - 7 lbs.
    damn! thats awesome, i'm all about chasing kokanee but catching any fish that weighs over 2-3lbs is fun anytime, and all fish tastes pretty damn good once it has time to rest in my smoker
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Headed to fish over the long weekend. Anyone have an update on the fishing?

Sooooo... What's the word on the Wallowa lake kokes? Is it worth dragging the boat over for the 4th of July weekend?

Wow. The last post on this thread was from me back in June asking for a report. ...
    Does anyone have a report this year yet for Wallowa?

I am hoping to go in April. I will let you know how I do. I have not been there for a few years. It is only a 2 hour drive from home but I just did not make time to go. That will hopefully change this spring/summer.

I appreciate it. I have not fished it for at least 3 years myself. However, I am definitely taking the boat over a few times this year. Maybe not the big boat every time, but I'm definitely going to help reduce the numbers of fish.

My buddy and I went to Wallowa Lake on Saturday, April 4. We were the only people on the lake until about 4:00 pm. Must have had something to do with the fact that it snowed, at times real heavy, from daylight until 1:30 pm. If it had been windy at all, we would not have stuck around long. Even with the snowy weather the lake was like glass nearly all day long. However, we did not even have one single bite!!! We started at the north end of the lake. We started out trolling on the top until we found the schooled up fish. We then dropped our lines down via downrigger to 20-30 feet. After a couple of hours and multiple lure, flasher, and bait changes proved unsuccessful we changed to jigging. Nothing!!! At about 1:30 we trailered the boat to the south end of the lake and attempted our luck until 6:00. Again, not one single bite!! I was shocked and completely disappointed!! I marked a lot more fish on the south end of the lake than the north end. Even thought we were skunked, it was still an enjoyable day. Hard to have a bad time while fishing.

Thanks for the report

Anybody have anything to report on Wallowa?