Thread: Summit Lake 10/5,6/13

Default Summit Lake 10/5,6/13

Melanie and I hit Summit Sat and Sun., Sat. started out slow due to fish not hitting on spoons early and bad bait, like an idiot I didn't check out bait in frig. before leaving, MUSH!We hit 1 koke about 14 or 15 inches, male all vamped out, but chrome.Down 35 ft. on silver spoon, hit a nice perch on same spoon at same depth, but no trout.Unreal as previous weeks trips spoons have been killer on big trout at depth. Saw another pair of fishermen doing o.k. on dodgers and corn, begged some corn from them when they left and picked up another koke and a smaller trout.Sunday started with the corn and slingblade, blue wiggle hoochie,Only hit one koke, buck vamped out but meat has been firm and tasty, I'd hit this lake soon for other folks interested, males are turning and are aggressive. Different colored slingblade with same wiggle hoochie got no bites, in same depth range, in hindsight I prob. should have run an apex type lure in bright colors on that rig, bet those males would have ate them up!We picked up 5 trout as well, all but one on the slingblade, other on wedding ring with corn. Melanie picked up a nice smallmouth bass, at least 2 1/2 lbs., new species for her, down 60 ft. on slingblade, blue wiggle hoochie and corn in 80 ft. of water!! Anyone else ever see this?(or other non-typical catches on koke gear?) Had to leave before limiting, oh, well. All in all great weather, Chehalis river looks like mud, hence fishing for kokes instead of BIG salmon. Bob R

Nice work and beautiful weather to be out on the water! Can't say that I've ever picked up a Bass using Kok gear but I've occasionally hooked other non-typical fish.