Thread: New reports?

Default New reports?

Anybody having any luck over the weekend? Going up tomorrow.

Default Slowwwwww

Slow from Buckboard to Middle Marsh.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfresh View Post
    Slow from Buckboard to Middle Marsh.
    We were camped at Buckboard all last week and slow doesn't even begin to cover it. Lucerne was the place to be. Koke limits being caught by lots of folks.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Default hit and miss

We picked away at fish over the weekend under perfect weather. Fished from Skunk Cliffs to South of Anvil Draw. Every day we found biting fish, but it was different every day. There today, gone tomorrow. Had to re-find fish every day. In the early morning, fish were biting pink squids. After 8:00am, spoons were the hot ticket. Caught fish from 10 - 22ft. 16 - 18ft seemed to be the sweet spot. Very little was showing up on the graph even with the hottest bites.

Tuesday morning was the best bite once I found the fish. The biters were in the middle of the channel between Anvil Draw and the cliffs straight across. After limiting out, I started trolling for lake trout on Anvil Bank and started graphing large schools of kokes (wish I would have started there for kokes!). There were some lake trout jiggers in the area, but no one trolling for kokes. See the attached pic. This was the deepest school I graphed. Most showed in the high teens to mid - 20ft marks.

The lake trout action slowed from the spring bite two weeks ago. We had a 7lb fish eat pink billed squid while trolling kokes. Caught one 20lb laker and lost two other pigs with trolling deep. Caught a number of pups while trolling kokes up as high as 21 feet. Any koke lures below 25ft would periodically pic up laker pups.

Cheers!

~freshie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1895.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	8611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2657.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	8612

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freshie View Post
    We picked away at fish over the weekend under perfect weather. Fished from Skunk Cliffs to South of Anvil Draw. Every day we found biting fish, but it was different every day. There today, gone tomorrow. Had to re-find fish every day. In the early morning, fish were biting pink squids. After 8:00am, spoons were the hot ticket. Caught fish from 10 - 22ft. 16 - 18ft seemed to be the sweet spot. Very little was showing up on the graph even with the hottest bites.

Tuesday morning was the best bite once I found the fish. The biters were in the middle of the channel between Anvil Draw and the cliffs straight across. After limiting out, I started trolling for lake trout on Anvil Bank and started graphing large schools of kokes (wish I would have started there for kokes!). There were some lake trout jiggers in the area, but no one trolling for kokes. See the attached pic. This was the deepest school I graphed. Most showed in the high teens to mid - 20ft marks.

The lake trout action slowed from the spring bite two weeks ago. We had a 7lb fish eat pink billed squid while trolling kokes. Caught one 20lb laker and lost two other pigs with trolling deep. Caught a number of pups while trolling kokes up as high as 21 feet. Any koke lures below 25ft would periodically pic up laker pups.

Cheers!

~freshie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1895.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	8611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2657.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	8612
    Thanks Freshie

Safe travels
    Ducks

Default paying it forward

The last few weeks was a real struggle on kokes until the last couple days. I'm hoping someone will share info back the next time down in a couple weeks.

~Freshie

We fished Sat, Sun, Mon. We had awesome sucess! We were fishing just below the pipeline. The fish were either at 35 or 50ft. Most were between 2.5-3lb. We did get a handful in the 3.5 range. Our best combo was a pink splatter dodger along with purple double trouble squids, pink worked but not as good. We were trolling fast at 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by drakebob01 View Post
    We fished Sat, Sun, Mon. We had awesome sucess! We were fishing just below the pipeline. The fish were either at 35 or 50ft. Most were between 2.5-3lb. We did get a handful in the 3.5 range. Our best combo was a pink splatter dodger along with purple double trouble squids, pink worked but not as good. We were trolling fast at 1.7
    I was there Tue to Thursday just got back and just read your post. It is still hot If you have a fish finder you know where to put your lure. I did not use what you did, but what I had worked
    but was trolling 1.7
    Kokanee

Lake Trout

Default Got home yesterday

Fished out of Lucerne from the first thru the fourth. Fishing was slow for us but we did manage to get a few. Most fish came on orange and pink squids. Met Likestrolling again I really like him he has such a wealth of knowledge. Planing on going back again on the 15th staying at Lucerne A20 Sundance trailer.

Thursday we were planning to take the boat but due to high wind fished from shore near Anvil Draw. With marshmallow and worms we caught 5 real nice rainbows.

Regards, Keith

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by freshie View Post
    The last few weeks was a real struggle on kokes until the last couple days. I'm hoping someone will share info back the next time down in a couple weeks.

~Freshie
    Middlemarsh 40' pink squid lots of fish. You coming down soon?

Ducks

Going up on Wednesday for for days. Thanks for the update. Will you be there this week Ducks? A20 at Lucerne.