Thread: Calling all members that never post, please read.

Default Calling all members that never post, please read.

I noticed that we have a huge number of registered members that never post. Fishing reports, recipes, off topic discussion, events....there are lots of forums to say what you want to say.

So for once, can you make a post and tell us why?

I am a egistered member and still see the adds; any idea why?

Thanks - Alan

PS I do Post since joining; love to read what others have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by downriggeral View Post
    I am a egistered member and still see the adds; any idea why?
    Fixed, it just wasn't configured properly. The in-post ads should disappear once you make 3 posts. Thanks for letting me know...

Thanks for fixing that. Planning on going to Loon for kokes tonight; should be fun as always.

Just my observation but most of the registered Kokanee members are posting on I-fish have no reason why have to ask them.

I post here occasionally. One thing I like about other boards is that when I come back to a thread I had previously visited or posted on it takes me right to any new posts on that thread. On here it takes me to top of the thread and I have to scroll through all the old posts again. Not horrible, but an annoyance none the less. Makes me less likely to post here. Not whining, just an observation/suggestion.

One thing that is cool about here is the emailed updates when a thread you have posted to has new traffic

My interest in the question has to do with my sense that a fishing forum is really a family/community and even when it isn't Koke season, there would naturally be a lot of banter and BS on the "off topic" forum. In the pecking order of forums that folks belong to, I've come to the conclusion that this forum is maybe 3rd or below on their list of sites to participate in. This site is a little more geographically diverse than a lot of sites so that might be part of the reason, I don't know. I do have this board to thank for meeting Bduck and eventually buying a house in Utah.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Well ITS very possible one reason is this site is very well controlled about the banter/BS not permitted, or a lot of member never post don't believe in sharing information/NOT THERE NATURE and there is nothing wrong with that. I've did notice after the Odell tournament nothing was said about what WAS working and what WASN'T working on the lake. Some members wanted the site to launch there business it was stopped, and so it should be they had moved off to another site were they were given more freedom and took some followers/ so be it. This is a special site for Kokanee just like there are special sites for Walleye. I think this site is extremely helpful to all that ask there are some extremely skillful fisherman any one who make a top 10 in a kokanee tournament in this state got his stuff together. Being honest I observed Kokanee Power posted the results first on I-Fish about the Odell derby instead of on Kokanee Forum reason is very obvious. I mean nothing by this its just something I observed.

SuperD, I for one go to this forum 1st during the koke season. This is the only forum that I post reports on. I read all the gorge and Utah reports. I look in at the general, off topic and recipe pages when something new appears. I only post on other threads on KFF if I have anything to say which is rarely, I believe I don't have the knowledge to chime in on a lot of topics. I am still learning and I for one look forward to your responses as well as others. This is just my 2 cents worth.

With the Koke season just being the 3 to 4 summer months I really only visit this forum during that time. The other forums go year around - icefishing , spring, summer & fall fishing and multiple species too...

The window of opportunity for kokanee is limited - so this forum ranks 3rd or 4th. (BFT,Ifish,Walleye-Central)

You asked...
    Leave No Man Behind !!

Quote Originally Posted by chukardave1 View Post
    I post here occasionally. One thing I like about other boards is that when I come back to a thread I had previously visited or posted on it takes me right to any new posts on that thread. On here it takes me to top of the thread and I have to scroll through all the old posts again. Not horrible, but an annoyance none the less. Makes me less likely to post here. Not whining, just an observation/suggestion.
    This can be easily fixed by adjusting the settings. Click on 'Forum Actions' ---> 'General Settings' from the menu at the top, or just follow this link:

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/f...do=editoptions

Scroll down to 'Thread Display Mode' option and change the default 'Linear - Oldest First' to 'Linear - Newest First'. Don't forget to click 'Save Changes' when done.

Thanks for the info. I am a tech idiot

mmike, kpo results are posted on I-fish before they even post on there own web page! go figure, this is supposed to be there alternative forum because they don't have one yet, and very few post here, maybe they can explain why. dfly

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    mmike, kpo results are posted on I-fish before they even post on there own web page! g
    The reason for this is anyone with a Ifish or KFF account can post the results. Only our web/techie guy can post to our web site.

dragonfly understand your comments and Fallriverguy great comment and explaination makes good sense to me /except that dog won't hunt as it was posted on I fish by are personel I mean KPO along with photo etc who would of thought. So as this being there alternative forum?

I'm not sure this will help you much, but I registered here because I wanted to get certain information about kokanee fishing in preparation for a trip. I am not a frequent kokanee fisher, and know very little. I'm grateful for the information, but I doubt that I will have much to offer in terms of reports. I have several other sites that are more of a "home base" for me.

I have been lurking around here watching the development of this thread. In the past I have thrown different topics at the off topic forum with either very little or no response. Personally I like to see alot more activity here. I like the idea of sharing thoughts, having fun meeting new folks as well as getting to know them. I have met alot folks personally as a result of forums and usually at a fishing hole. We have some folks from N Carolina and the eastern seaboard that occasionally chime in considering that the majority of koke fishing is in the west. Its amazing how technology(computer age) has put us all in touch without being charged a long distance call(now its cell phones) which is how it use to be and we would not be running a bill up. These are good off topic conversations that can develop during any time or in the off season to keep things from drying up some. Watch for this one in the future coming to a local board on this forum on "How to make SuperD (my neighbor) either feel at home or have regrets of moving to Utah".

Honestly it's because any time I post a fishing report, I end up getting in an argument with someone about AIS or catching and releasing kokes or how many fish I caught or some other stupid thing.

It's frustrating, especially when I've gone out of my way this year to help several new people from this forum at the Gorge this year. I'm not going to teach people how to fish so I can argue with other people that are telling me I'm doing it wrong.
    Disappoint the Government; be responsible, self-reliant, and kind.