Thread: Gorge trip

Default Gorge trip

Going back to the Gorge on 15th will be at Lucern A20 would like to meet fellow anglers. Stop by for a cold drink.

Looks like we will be up at Anvil that weekend. Hopefully we can meet up and swap stories.

You will know its me when you see my boat. I have been fishing Pipline latley but have been thinking I need to go check out Anvil never fished that area much.

any one fish the gorge this weekend aug 10-11 I was there and I saw more fish on my finder than I have seen all year ended up catching only 1 koke all day Saturday how did you all do

My granddaughter and i fished the gorge on Saturday. We were fishing by 6:30/a and by 10:/a we had caught and released 6 kokes . All were well over three lbs,and one big male might of went over 5lbs We called it a day about 10:30 am.
    Last edited by Propnut69; 08-11-2013 at 10:32 PM.

nice job I had a real tuff day for some reason

Fishing up North was a bit slower than normal, but we still managed 33 on Friday and 26 Saturday morning until the storm arrived. For the last few weeks it seems the fish have moved up in the water column.. Usually I've been targeting them around 60-65 feet, but now its 40-55. We have landed several big fish and lots of small fish in the 2-3 lb range. They are there, just need to figure them out each morning and when the bite slows try something else. Best for us has been UV pearl and UV orange. The normal pinks have not been producing like they normally do for us.Attachment 6630Attachment 6631Attachment 6632
    Rocky Mountain Tackle

We Fished Saturday Morning out of Buckboard and headed south. Fishing was slow until about 7:30. We found a pocket of fish all to our selves and pounded 24 fish in about 2 hours. UV orange Squid was the ticket! After a while more and more boats came into the area we were at and the fish shut down! We ended up with some nice fish, 1- 22" male, over 4lbs, and a bunch of fish in the 2-3lb range. I also was fishing at 50'. I tried going deeper and it was dead down there. I went through ever color in the box and seemed to catch fish on them all, just not as consistent as the orange squid.

Quote Originally Posted by Propnut69 View Post
    My granddaughter and i fished the gorge on Saturday. We were fishing by 6:30/a and by 10:/a we had caught and released 6 kokes . All were well over three lbs,and one big male might of went over 5lbs We called it a day about 10:30 am.
    Tim, if I only knew you were going to be there with your granddaughter I would have showed up. At least I would have enough gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Tim, if I only knew you were going to be there with your granddaughter I would have showed up. At least I would have enough gas.
    Funny you mention that Roger,she asked me if the guy that we gave gas to, was on the water.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

we was there this last weekend.
    didn't do as well as we hoped we would but still had a good time
    Friday morning we tried the usual spot for popgear and bow's in the morning and got 2 nice ones early on
    slowly trolled our way from swimbeach on over to pipeline and was dead tell right under the line where i landed a decent 3-4lb laker and my Gf caught a very nice 4lb koke
    fallowed that by a few baby lakers and baby kokes and that was it for friday.

Saturday- we wanted to go to the damn so we stoped by the red cliffs just outside of Horseshoe and trolled along them and only got one baby koke. (seen a bunch of boats fishing this area, not sure if they were doing well or not) went to the damn and stopped about halfway back to horseshoe and tried there for a little, again just a few baby lakers and 2 small baby bow's was it

Sunday Morning- headed back to pipeline, only fished tell 1030am
    caught 3 ok 3-4lb lakers again and another nice koke and that was all for the day.

been reading alot of other guys reports and most all seamed to have a good weekend (or day) of fishing, it just wasnt our weekend i guess

what size dodger do you all use

I was using RMT 5.5" dodgers.

Same here 5.5" RMT

Halojm I cannot open your photos. I am all ready to head out after work tomorrow. Hope to meet up with some of you.

I can't open them either is it something i'm doing wrong?