Thread: Helena Valley Regulating Reservoir 2021

Default Helena Valley Regulating Reservoir 2021

Made my first trip out to the Regulating Reservoir last week. Pretty busy for a Wednesday morning with 6-7 other boats on the water. I started at 7 and had a 10 fish limit by 10. Most of the fish were in the 13-15 inch range. I shook off a few smaller fish at the boat and lost a few others. Looked like all the boats were catching some fish. All in all a very good start to the season. I didn't see a lot of bigger fish on the finder, but many schools of smaller fish all over the lake. Color didn't seem too important as everything I put out got hits, mostly spinners/hoochies behind dodgers. 1.4-1.6 mph provided the most action and 12-16 feet seemed to be the depth. BuRec didn't bring the reservoir all the way up to full pool to start the season so it's a couple feet lower than usual for this time of year. No problem launching though.

Default 4 trips, 4 limits

The fishing has been excellent so far this year. Back at it this morning and caught 10 in about 2 hours. Hoochie Rigs, apexes and wee tads all behind dodgers all worked. 10-15 feet deep in 18-25 feet of water at 1.4-1.6 mph was working for me again today. Saw a fair amount of fish hanging near the bottom in a little deeper water, but didn't try to target them today. One of these days I'm going to try to jig some up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0779.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	10133  

That's awesome, SuperDaveMT! I haven't hit this one yet, but sure hope to soon! Lake Mary Ronan for me this next weekend. Weather looks questionable.