Thread: An American Birthday!!!

Default An American Birthday!!!

I was fishing solo this morning as my son is in Texas visiting his cousins. So its 4 July at American Lake and it couldn't be a better combination on our nations birthday. This morning I had a little wind so I baited up old faithful a pink netted wing arrow flash dodger and a pink tiger stripe spin n glow from kokaneekidfishing. I baited up and dropped the rigger to 40 foot and started trolling at 1.3mph and started messing with my other rod and wham oh man it's off to the races. I'm fighting this HAWG and next thing I know he comes shooting out of the water and jumps about 4 foot and my eyes got real big and said holy crud a monster. Well after a battle the rest is his history. I looked at this fish several times throughout the morning and said what a fish. I trolled around for a while and picked up four more Kokes. I went over to Mark and Toni and showed them this fish and Toni weighed it and it weighed 3pds 1oz, it was 21 inches long.

Mark and Toni great seeing y'all again and thanks Toni for weighing the fish.

Happy Birthday America!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combo.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	6479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4 july measure.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	6478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4 July.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	6480  

It was my honor to weigh that beauty of a fish. It was totally awesome and so glad I was able to see it in person.

Wow. That's a hog. Congrats.

Congratulations on a heck of a fish TrollNFisher!! What's the average size this time of year in American?

Man thats a beaut, where is american res ?

Toni, Thanks again

2tyred, Thank you

SilverBullets, Thanks the average size runs between 12-14.5 I'd say, but there have been some nice fish come out this year.

alhntr, it's next to Fort Lewis, WA

As an American regular..All I can say is congrats! And WOW!

Stradic, Thank you

Darren,
    As always, it was great seeing you out on the water. Congrats on the fish; it was definitley a beauty!!!!

Great fish. I have had a couple on like that yet to land one.....

Mark, Thanks your still the koke slayer!!!

oldguy43, thank you

Darren,
    When I got your text, that morning I was just putting another Chinook in the cooler. I had to look around to see if you were up at Sekiu playing a joke on me!!!

Congrats, on one of American Lake's most prized catches a double digit kokanee that starts with the number 2 and ends in a 1 and weighs 3#plus Holy Cow!!! Great, great fish Darren, I wish your son was there to experience it with you, as I know how he likes to joke with me on how to catch fish, the most fish, and know how his Dad caught the biggest fish!!! I'm not going to hear the end of it, but I'm looking forward to hearing a proud son's praise!!! Again, AWESOME Kokanee!!!

I'll see you on the water brother!!!
    Joe
    Last edited by Winterun; 07-16-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Joe thanks, when I landed that fish I called my son and he didn't believe me at first, man I tell you these few weeks he's been gone I've been quite bored on the water. As you know he keeps fishing interesting and yes he talks a lot of smack and thinks he knows it all.

Darren