Thread: Meridian 6/28

Default Meridian 6/28

Went out and caught a couple limits... fish averaging around 11-12in right now and they are easy pickens! Hit most around 25ft or on the way down. Lots of boats out after that 5pm rush hour but it didn't bother the fish at all for us anyway. Had a very funny moment as well. I had one koke up next to the boat and it jumped off the hook... managed to skip itself sideways across the waterline and ran into the boat... then started skipping the opposite direction before it turned back around and came towards the boat again... I was in such awe i totally forgot about the net in my hand and my buddy and I stared at eachother in disbelief of what just happened. We both were using pink squid with worm and shoepeg marinated corn. I was using a watermelon dick nyte dodger and the other setup was just a standard cowbell.

Great Report.....thanks for sharing

No problem! I just soak the corn in anise oil btw and freeze what i don't use. Before i start fishing as well i put a little pro garlic cure on my hand and cover the tackle terminals. I feel like I have a much higher catch rate trying to cover up any stinky human oil lol I forgot this yesterday and was wondering why i wasn't getting any hits.... covered my gear and sent to back down and started seeing good action. I know alot of people clean/soak the gear after fishing but I do not.

First time ever smoking fish in a smoker... used the store bought pre chief mix and topped off the last hr with a lil mrs butterworth :P And i would have to say.... im HOOKED! Slave to the smoker! lol