Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loon Lake Night Mission 6/15

Thanks Ridgeratt and thanks for the report. Any "white fish in the freezer? Did you troll for the 14's since it was evening fishing? How deep did you fish?

Sorry to report I couldn't buy any "White Fish". Yes the Kokes came from hauling corn around. I just got a speed control for my kicker so I was foolin around with it.
    I marked a ton of fish at 20 to 28 feet but even haulin thru them the bite was not what I had hoped for. There is always the next time.

Love those speed controls; makes minute speed adjustments possible. Alan

It was a nice suprise to control the boat from the helm as to running back and forth.... Getting ready to make a sockeye run when it get's good.

Hey Ridgeratt, I'm gettin the itch to do that one. Got any suggestions for tackle on the sockeye? I've never done that one but it looks to me like mid week would be the best to "minimize" the crowd. Alan

I understand it heats up in mid August!! So that could get me a bombing run to go check.

Ok so I'm not seeing any updates from Downriggeral guess the fishery has died!!!
    Or he is playing his cards close to the vest!!!

OK the cards have been close; the Kokanee in Loon are alive and well except for the ones that have been smoked recently. Here's the count: four trips limits all; night fishing has been hot! Broke my favorite kokanee night stick Saturday night and managed to find a replacement that should be here tomorrow in time for Friday night fishing Ya......Hooo!

Alan

Night fished Friday the 26th. Got two limits (20) by 10:45 PM. They were 11 to 12 inches and fat. Glow Swedish Pimples, #6 Mac;s glow hooks, maggots and shoepeg corn cured in pro Cure Kokanee Wizzard - pink. Fished 32/34 feet deep at the South end of the lake. A blast as always! Alan

Should have the new lid on the cabin by tomorrow evening so I will haul the boat back from up north this next weekend so I will be floating Loon the 10th.

Going to fish local around the cabin and see if I can find the Kokes up there. We got a few to 15 inches around the 4th.
    Last edited by Ridgeratt; 07-30-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Fished at 40' Saturday night. Got a mix of kokanee with the larger ones 12"+. I really didn't notice any difference in size by going deeper. Maybe I need to fish the North end. Ridgeratt; any tips on where to fish the North end? Would really like to get some of those 15 inchers you talked about. You can PM me if you would like. Thanks - Alan

PS The fish in the pic have been scaled getting ready for cleaning and brine; thus no silver shine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loon Kokanee August 13 001.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	6601  
    Last edited by downriggeral; 08-05-2013 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

Have tried to send PM's but I show nothing in the sent box? Have no idea why not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12