Thread: Who won the Derby at BuckBoard?

Default Who won the Derby at BuckBoard?

We were up there Friday about 5:30 and pulled our boat of out dry storage-and launched in a pretty stiff breeze. I swung around to pull into our slip and the motor quit. I was lucky to get a little help from a captain at the end of A dock and keep our boat from hitting anything and pulled it into the slip. I tried to start it again and it just cranked-no fuel. Now we are sitting with a busted ship. I went to talk to Greg to see if he could help but the captain's meeting had just started. Then we get a call from my wife's family and her mother had fallen, broke her pelvis-and was in CCU down in Vegas we she lives. We pulled the boat out of the slip the next morning and put back in dry storage-then drove back to SLC where my wife took off to Vegas. My mother-in-law is doing better and out of CCU this afternoon.

Sorry to make a long story out of this, but we were fortunate we didn't enter the Derby before the 2 events above happened. I'm just getting back to work and trying to get back to somewhat normal life without the wife-she is staying down with her mom for a while. I'm just curious how the Derby went-we wished all would have been ok and we could have stayed for Sunday. I'm going to have Greg plug the computer into the Verado and see what's up and get it fixed up there.

Thanks,
    Mike

I think the koke weights were between 3.7 - 4.02 or something close to that. I know a lot of people, including my team were wishing this derby was how it used to be and had kokes in the team weights. We caught 3 over 3 lbs Sunday morning with the biggest being 3.44 but couldn't find the big boy. That 4.02 was leading big fish for a long time but a 4.2 Brown won it.

Me and my team took 5th in the kokes. Got our entry fee and some gas money back.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

We took 1st place with a 4.08 lb. koke I did a post under buchboard derby with more details we were supprised that it held and even more so that until about 2 hours till the end that it was big fish and like pok3s said was beat out by a 4.2 brown that 1.2 oz turned $3500.00 into $650.00 but in derby fishing an ounce is as good as a pound mark nice job on rounding out the top 5 and also to mike shaffer one of our pro-staffers that just got back and took 1st place in the Idaho walleye classic with our new western walleye series worm harnesses

Congrats Art, Sounds like you guys took care of business. TM

Thanks for the update-I didn't see where the Thread was posted. Congrats to all the winners!

Our plan was at least try and get some gas money back. We lost a Throttle Actuator in the Smartcraft fly by wire system on the Verado-about the half the cost of the first place prize. We will see if Mercury holds to the warranty-they have been fantastic to work with on past motors.

PS-Don't say the word "Yamaha"-you know how you are... : )