Thread: American 6/2

Default American 6/2

Well after TrollNFisher's text from Saturday stating that there were 25 boats on the water that day, I was kind of hesitant about heading out in the morning Sunday. But after checking the NOAA site for the weather, wind and temp specifically, and throw in the possibility of another armada of boats for company it might a be a tougher go.........but what the heck what am I going to do stay home and do yard work and read on the net how it was, or get out and fish and make my own report!!! I think you folks now me better than that!!!
    So I get to the launch at 5:15AM, second rig in the lot, I thought hmmmmm where is everybody??? Come to find out it was Kokanee Lou form WaLks.Com who was there before me. We exchanged fishing locations, plans of attack, and wished each other good luck, and I was off! Slight breeze, which was good, with high overcast skies, another bonus! But.......as the morning went on I realized it wasn't going to be a quick trip, so settled in and started rotating rigs every 30 mins. By early morning 7:00, 7:30 it started to get a bit crowded, oh well I thought, it was expected, I'll just do what I do. When I finally got off the water around 12:30PM I think, I counted 30+ plus boats, I hope that they found fish!!! As it took me the better part of the morning to get my limit, no big one's today but did lose one that had my 9' 4wt kokanee rod bent over like the letter "C", and made some surprising runs!!! Frustrating, to say the least, but the thought and possibility of landing another one of American's prized kokanee. Well, that's what keeps us coming back for more right!!!
    See you folks out there,
    Winterun
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4751.JPG751.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	6356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ResizedImage_1370230143652.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	6357

I had a similar experience on Sunday. On the water at 5:30 and off at 11:30 with my limit. Looks like you found a little better size fish.

Still looking for that American Lake monster.

2tyred

but what the heck what am I going to do stay home and do yard work and read on the net how it was, or get out and fish and make my own report!!!
    Winterun,
    That is funny about doing yardwork. My wife is pretty understanding of my fishing addiction. However, after fishing Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, she was getting a little cranky about all the yardwork that needed to be done. So I agreed to stay home Sunday and knock it out. Well Sunday morning rolls around and I wake up at 4:00 A/M with nothing but fishing on my mind. So I thought how am I going to be able to fish and keep the wife happy at the same time. Since I was now wide awake, I decided to hook up the boat and make a quick run to Clear and if everything worked out, I would be home with a limit before she wakes up. So I launched at 5:30 and was home, fish cleaned, boat put away and was eating breakfast by 8:30 when she woke up. She didn't even know that I went fishing - Mission Accomplished!!!
    Last edited by kokanee_slayer; 06-04-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: change

You are a sly one Mark!!

That's hilarious kokanee_slayer!! I wish I was that motivated at that time in the morning. I am up by 4:15 am M-F to get to work, so I hate getting up early on the weekends. I guess that's my loss........however, I have a wife who actually is wide awake and had one cup of coffee finished by 6:30 or 7:00 am anyway. No chance of her not knowing if I were to get out early on a whim. LOL!!! Clear Lake is so close, I should have no excuses....

Great report, Winterun! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 2tyred View Post
    I had a similar experience on Sunday. On the water at 5:30 and off at 11:30 with my limit. Looks like you found a little better size fish.

Still looking for that American Lake monster.

2tyred
    2tyred,
    So you were there pretty early also, I noticed, an Alumaweld rolling into the parking lot along with guy in an another boat just getting into the water, as I was idling out past the no wake buoy was that you? Yeah, it was a bit tougher to find them that morning, but that's half the fun trying to figure them out! See you out there!

Mark,
    Yes my wife Kim is pretty understanding about my "habit" so I consider myself very fortunate!!! As far as the yard work goes, man I wish I was rich enough to have it done like the rest of my neighbors!!! Get this my next door neighbor he retired last year, and they have a big motor home and they like to travel, he feels the same way I do about yard work, and goes on to say "If I could Joe I'd just pour gasoline on the yard and not have to worry about it"!!! He's also the president of the Neighborhood Association, so we get along, and understands if my grass is 1/2" too tall!!!

NickelsWorth,
    Thanks!
    But if you live so close, a couple of hours on the water is all you need to get your fix, whether or not you catch fish, limit out, or just enjoy being outside!!! You owe it to yourself, and maybe the wife could come along bring a thermos of coffee and enjoy herself, with the nice weather we've been having.......you never know!!!!

Good Luck Fishing,
    Winterun
    Last edited by Winterun; 06-04-2013 at 07:29 PM.

NickelsWorth, I've always been an "Early Bird" when it comes to fishing, just ask Kokanee-Toni. Nothing wrong with sleeping in a bit. I agree with Winterun in that a few hours on the water, whether your catching or not, is good for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterun View Post
    2tyred,
    So you were there pretty early also, I noticed, an Alumaweld rolling into the parking lot along with guy in an another boat just getting into the water, as I was idling out past the no wake buoy was that you? Yeah, it was a bit tougher to find them that morning, but that's half the fun trying to figure them out! See you out there!

Good Luck Fishing,
    Winterun
    Winterrun,

I am the schmuck in the camo Duraboat going all electric. It's been tough but there seems to be a little bite early. I got my first fish and lost one fairly quick, but then it was almost one an hour after that.

Once this year I've hooked an 18-19 incher but it shook the hook 15 feet from the boat. Still looking for that fish but it's nice to know they're down there.

2tyred

I have three seats in the boat - I should do just as you say, Winterun! Coffee on the boat. Like I said, I should have no excuses. And besides, afternoons are meant for napping!!! And if I could pour gas on my yard to take care if it once and for, I would be able to nap even longer. Heh-Heh!! Thanks guys for the encouragement!

Yard work what's that? Isn't that what a wife is for? When you cut up the smalls of your bunch do they have eggs in them? You have been putting the hurt on that lake this year!

Y'all crack me up, I know for a fact we need to fish as much as possible cause slayer has a huge honey do list he has to complete.