Thread: 3 days with my bro......

Default 3 days with my bro......

My brother and I don't get to fish that often, but when we do, we have a good time! I have been bugging him to come kokanee fishing with me for a long time. Well finally it happened! He drove up from Oregon Saturday morning with out of state fishing license for 3 days. We got on the water about 11:00 am Saturday. It did not take long and we were on fish. Sorry no action shots due to wind keeping me busy.

Day 2: Bob vs. Bob
    So I told my bro I got him a new pole to use/break in, and I did. When he saw it for the first time his words were "HELL YES"!
    Sunday was wet and windy, but the kokanee were hungry! And after a few fish for my bro he asked for the new rod.

And it took a few to get the first one to the boat....

Day 3: Uncle Bob vs. Nick
    Sunday's weather looked grim at best, wind and rain. I think, at least my rain gear dried overnight. We had a plan to get my brother and son 5 fish each and call it a day. After all he had a 3-3.5 hour ride home. The kokanee were being difficult, we lost a LOT. I even tried a few tricks, and did no better. And we still had a blast. And my brother found another rod in my stash he had to get a fish on. And it worked out AWSOME!!!! Last fish of the day, time is just about up, my bro calls for the little rod. He puts it in, while I am rebating Nick's rod. And hook's up almost instantly. I figure I have time to finish rebating. WRONG!!!! He start's yelling "NET........NET........GET THE NET"! I think he's messing with me, no way he could go that kokanee to the boat so quick. I turn around and the fish is next to the boat! He reeled it in like a bass pro, just keep cranking till its in the boat! And that is how we ended our day. If I had to pick a winner, I could not, Nick got biggest, my bro did a bass master………………………… to close to call for me.

Lures: bead spinners in red, pink, and orange.
    Dodgers: pink splatter, chrome, bahama-mama, and watermelon
    Bait: pink, white, and green gulp maggots, and 3 different scents on corn.

So my bro drives 3-3.5 hours......
    I drive over 200 miles in 3 days......
    .25 on white corn......
    2 milkshakes......
    4.5 lbs of hot wings......
    Every thing is wet......
    I am tired and a little sore......

And I would do it again in a heart beat

Nice! Great job and you seem to have set a new trend for rod choice. HAHAHAHAHA!! Great looking fish too.

Sounds like a good time!

It looks like you and your brother had a good time, nice pictures too.

Great report and nice pics!!! Glad that you were able to spend some quality time with your brother.

Nice report and sounds like a great time!